Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Great goal yesterday against Canada

https://twitter.com/miseleccionmx/status/715016818381889536

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Simone Poodoin posted:

I'm kinda mad that Canada collapsed and won't go through, it's definitely a much better away game than Honduras or El Sal

You're mad we lost against Mexico? Have you just started watching soccer?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If the blue gringos can beat them the red gringos should be able to beat them too.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Canada still have one match vs each Honduras and El Sal, too, so they are pretty well in control of their own destiny.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

honestly i think klinsmann's biggest failure is that he still doesn't understand concacaf and thinks he can bring a pile of scrubs to guatemala city and win easily; that's not how this confederation has ever worked.
His biggest failure is that he still thinks he can put half of his team in completely random, unfamiliar positions and assume that they'll just figure poo poo out.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

His biggest failure is that he still thinks he can put half of his team in completely random, unfamiliar positions and assume that they'll just figure poo poo out.

yes that's exactly the kind of poo poo i'm talking about. he's trying to shape the USA into a very different team than it's been for the last 20 years. to do that he needs to experiment with different players in different positions and different formations. that's all fine and good...in friendlies. you can't pull that poo poo in guatemala city.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Modou Barrow's car was attacked by Gambia fans after a football match in Mauritania, it has been claimed.

Barrow was playing for his country in an African Cup Of Nations qualifier at the time.

A vehicle he was using and one being driven by someone else were attacked with stones thrown, causing significant damage.

Some blamed the incident on frustration at the team's performance - Mauritania lost the match, held on March 25, 2-1.

King Kbuteh Conteh said: "For me I don't blame the fans for that action, because they are out of control - stoning Barrow's car, I think he should understand that.

"Barrow is the reason why most of the fans went to the stadium, he is the one we put our hope on, he is the fans' favoured player, so if we lose and he did not deliver up to our expectation though, that's not his intention, and the fans also mad at him and stoning his car is not their intention as well.

"In this case I hope and believe Barrow will understand that misbehavior from fans.

"But it is not their intention, that's the nature of the fans. Star Barrow, please accept our apology."

lol

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

hosed up if true.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Benzema has been banned from the French squad for the Euros. I guess a little blackmail between friends can have consequences.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
USA/Bolivia is on teevee so I'm watching it and drinking beer. :911:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Paddyb posted:

USA/Bolivia is on teevee so I'm watching it and drinking beer. :911:

I just cracked my first one :911: :cheers:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Where are they playing this with the dozens of screaming fans?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Kansas City, weird right?

I hate this 433

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lol shows what I know

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Paddyb posted:

Kansas City, weird right?

I hate this 433

How is a game in KC this empty? :psyduck:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Tickets for something like this should be $25 max.

*in TRP neckbeard voice*

It's coming home

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Christian Fulisick

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paddyb posted:

Christian Fulisick

That's probably one of the better team goals the US has scored in several years.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pulisic is cool and good so I expect Jurgen to staple him to the bench for the actual tournament

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

Pulisic is cool and good so I expect Jurgen to staple him to the bench for the actual tournament

He plays in Germany

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The USMNT actually seems to have some attacking depth for a change (sorry Jozy), and against Colombia I think Pulisic is better used as a supersub. Probably gonna sacrifice someone to put in Beckerman anyway, which is fine with me.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
did somebody press the gomez button

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Sweet goal by Nolito for a Spanish B team against Bosnia.

Edit: And Nolito with a chip from 15 meters out. Very nice.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 29, 2016

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
phwoarrrrr hamsik

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

^beaten like Leno.

Phwoar Hamsik.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

That's the post-WC Germany I know.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

beer_war posted:

That's the post-WC Germany I know.

business as usual

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

:laffo: Spahic is a loving moron. Red card for a slap in the face in a loving friendly.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
The pitch in Germanys game is hilarious.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Leno :captainpop:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
That was ter Stegen.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Indeed it was.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If Gotze goes to the Premier league, he's going to be awful. Softer than dogshit.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Portugal will be playing Norway in about 30 minutes in what will be a complete farce. I figured they might run the B-team since we're hardly the strongest opponent at the best of times, but the Portuguese team actually looks surprisingly solid excepting the obviously missing players. Meanwhile Norway will not be bringing our A-team, or our B- for that matter. See for some reason the FA agreed to hold this friendly despite the fact that we have league matches playing this weekend, and so does Sweden where a lot of our obvious replacement B-teamers play too. Additionally we have a lot of injuries to players that would otherwise be available like Tettey or Elabdellaoui. Our squad includes zero left backs and in fact in that spot we will be playing an NT debutant who plays central midfield at his club. I'll be seriously surprised if we let in less than 4 goals.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Insurrectionist posted:

Portugal will be playing Norway in about 30 minutes in what will be a complete farce. I figured they might run the B-team since we're hardly the strongest opponent at the best of times, but the Portuguese team actually looks surprisingly solid excepting the obviously missing players. Meanwhile Norway will not be bringing our A-team, or our B- for that matter. See for some reason the FA agreed to hold this friendly despite the fact that we have league matches playing this weekend, and so does Sweden where a lot of our obvious replacement B-teamers play too. Additionally we have a lot of injuries to players that would otherwise be available like Tettey or Elabdellaoui. Our squad includes zero left backs and in fact in that spot we will be playing an NT debutant who plays central midfield at his club. I'll be seriously surprised if we let in less than 4 goals.

Høgmo out imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

rear end cobra posted:

Høgmo out imo

I can't believe RYJ is starting for the national team in the year 2016

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Portugal get their first. Nice one from Quaresma

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Quaresma, just Quaresma

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hmmm somehow we're not quite as bad as I expected

Høgmo still won't put on any good players instead of Jenssen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
:agreed:

Thats a nice FK

Portugal 2-0

• Locked thread