Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
It's finally happening, in two days time I am jumping a plane to mainland Europe and then I am spending nearly a whole month just bumming around Europe solo going wherever I please. I have spent the day buying bits and bobs and changing my money into Euros and have been learning a bit of the lingo. Este oso come fresas. I have a beach towel, clean kecks, a backpack, an interrail train ticket and I even bought a selfy stick. The world is my lobster.

Over the coming weeks I will be posting lots of pictures up in this thread of various octopusses etc I am eating and you will probably get to see my pasty brit-nips at some point or another as I chill on the various beaches as posting my snappy snaps will no doubt help to pass the time in the various lovely hostels I intend to stay at. Will I end up dead in a ditch in Latvia? Who knows, but it will be a fun ride and I will document it here.

What I could really use right now is suggestions of some summer beats to load onto my ipod as well as some good reads for my kindle.

I begin my adventure by flying into Madrid this coming Friday, where should I check out whilst I am there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The never-ending flow of migrating war criminals.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
is france in europe? you should buy a bageete

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the prado to see guernica and other paintings

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Enfield posted:

is france in europe? you should buy a bageete

I'll be buying baguettes, croissants, pain au chocolats you loving name it.

Spanish Manlove posted:

the prado to see guernica and other paintings

This is a fine suggestion from a genuine spaniard so I'll definitely go there, thank you.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Shirley Crabtree posted:

I even bought a selfy stick. The world is my lobster.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
As an American who was recently in a few different places in Europe for the first time, I will give you this advice:

If you ask for an ice water in any restaurant a nearby American will loudly inform you "THEY DONT HAVE ICE HERE" in such a way that makes you want to slap them, however the waiter will still bring you an ice water.

Also if anybody says "You're not fat enough to be American!" in a joking way, it is apparently offensive to say "You're not drunk enough to be German!" in response.

HTH

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
gently caress you go home! we dont need your kind here! Also go to Poland, or Berlin.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shirley Crabtree posted:

This is a fine suggestion from a genuine spaniard so I'll definitely go there, thank you.

Eat some jamon, not at a bar though. Go to a butcher and get like 250g of it. And some bread and beer. Have a picnic outside in the park, no one gives a gently caress if you drink in public.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also visit seville, it's a better city than madrid.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Eat some jamon, not at a bar though. Go to a butcher and get like 250g of it. And some bread and beer. Have a picnic outside in the park, no one gives a gently caress if you drink in public.

Jamon is ham right? Yes I shall definitely sit in the park and enjoy pig and beer. This guy knows what time it is.

Zombiepop posted:

gently caress you go home! we dont need your kind here! Also go to Poland, or Berlin.

Time permitting, I'm mostly going to be going to the hotter parts of Europe I think, Spain, south of France, Italy, Croatia maybe. But I would like to try a nice big spicy bratwurst.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Be sure to talk and laugh as loud as you can. Europeans find it an endearing American trait.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i hear the hungarian border is very popular nowadays op. there are queues all the way into serbia

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
How's the dollar in greece right now?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Also visit seville, it's a better city than madrid.

Seville looks lush, it's definitely on my list particularly as theres a bird I used to know lives down in Cadiz who says I can stay with her and its real close by. Is Cadiz nice?

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Croatia maybe.

Go visit that crazy Croatian Goon with the poor impulse control.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
come by my house buddy, we'll smoke some experimental drugs and maybe get to know eachother a little better you know what im saying?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Zzulu posted:

come by my house buddy, we'll smoke some experimental drugs and maybe get to know eachother a little better you know what im saying?

are you talking about bum sex?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
haha, no what kind of weirdo would talk about that when inviting strangers home to live with them

I just want to get to know you buddy, just be sure to bring lots of condoms alright.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
A selfie stick? GEt hosed you latte sipping trash bird

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the british isles are part of europe hth

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
Refugees are going to murder you for your passport.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Zzulu posted:

haha, no what kind of weirdo would talk about that when inviting strangers home to live with them

I just want to get to know you buddy, just be sure to bring lots of condoms alright.

well this all sounds completely safe and above board

gently caress the ROW posted:

A selfie stick? GEt hosed you latte sipping trash bird

actually i do rather enjoy a good vanilla latte and i fully intend to check out what the bucks is like in other countries

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

Shirley Crabtree posted:

It's finally happening, in two days time I am jumping a plane to mainland Europe and then I am spending nearly a whole month just bumming around Europe solo going wherever I please. I have spent the day buying bits and bobs and changing my money into Euros and have been learning a bit of the lingo. Este oso come fresas. I have a beach towel, clean kecks, a backpack, an interrail train ticket and I even bought a selfy stick. The world is my lobster.

Over the coming weeks I will be posting lots of pictures up in this thread of various octopusses etc I am eating and you will probably get to see my pasty brit-nips at some point or another as I chill on the various beaches as posting my snappy snaps will no doubt help to pass the time in the various lovely hostels I intend to stay at. Will I end up dead in a ditch in Latvia? Who knows, but it will be a fun ride and I will document it here.

What I could really use right now is suggestions of some summer beats to load onto my ipod as well as some good reads for my kindle.

I begin my adventure by flying into Madrid this coming Friday, where should I check out whilst I am there?

If you are into culture, the Museo del Prado and the Thyssen are a must.

Then experience as much night life as you can. Madrid is awesome.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im gonna open a hostel for goons

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

gizmojumpjet posted:

Refugees are going to murder you for your passport.

Alternately you can get ahead of the game and sell your passport for an easy 5k.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

mastervj posted:

If you are into culture, the Museo del Prado and the Thyssen are a must.

Then experience as much night life as you can. Madrid is awesome.

well thats two votes for museo del prado so it must be good, any tips on the nightlife are also muchos gracias because i dont have a clue about where the cool kids go when the sun goes down

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Jamon is ham right? Yes I shall definitely sit in the park and enjoy pig and beer. This guy knows what time it is.

Time permitting, I'm mostly going to be going to the hotter parts of Europe I think, Spain, south of France, Italy, Croatia maybe. But I would like to try a nice big spicy bratwurst.

Oh boy. Nope, "Jamón" is NOT "ham".

You're missing the food of the Gods, here.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Op checkout this restaurant called Korčula in Zagreb, Croatia and order the octopussy + potatoes they have. You can thank me later itt this thread.

e: I'm serious

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Seville looks lush, it's definitely on my list particularly as theres a bird I used to know lives down in Cadiz who says I can stay with her and its real close by. Is Cadiz nice?

Cadiz is really nice. In about a month it's going to be a ghost town and it's better that way.

And that's plaza españa. You could also visit the alcazar there as it's where they filmed the scenes in GoT for the Dornish palace

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Shirley Crabtree posted:

well thats two votes for museo del prado so it must be good, any tips on the nightlife are also muchos gracias because i dont have a clue about where the cool kids go when the sun goes down

what is your age what are your interests, it'd be easier to recommend stuff if you told us a little aboot yourself and what you wanna do here in the old world

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i will b watching from my window at night assuming u r watching the same moon as me but not joing the sam dick as me

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

but what if u could? :tinfoil:

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
still waiting on tips for hot summer licks for my ipod, currently putting a bunch of the ibiza classics on it to help me get in the mood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syOK6zmpOe0

unpacked robinhood posted:

Op checkout this restaurant called Korčula in Zagreb, Croatia and order the octopussy + potatoes they have. You can thank me later itt this thread.

e: I'm serious

if i make it to croatia i will 100% go to that restaurant and order octopus and potatoes and post the picture itt just for you

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
act like an annoying, loud, loutish englishman constantly all of the time everywhere

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Here's a tip, avoid the entirety of eastern europe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
(its full of slavs)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Serious question: why would anyone want to leave the USA? I mean, what's the point?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shirley Crabtree posted:

jamon:ham::bacon:canadian bacon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Cadiz is really nice. In about a month it's going to be a ghost town and it's better that way.

And that's plaza españa. You could also visit the alcazar there as it's where they filmed the scenes in GoT for the Dornish palace

i honestly didnt expect such useful tips itt, i love GoT and will definitely hit this up

Zzulu posted:

what is your age what are your interests, it'd be easier to recommend stuff if you told us a little aboot yourself and what you wanna do here in the old world

30's, i want good inexpensive local foods, a bit of culture, cool things to take photos of, looking to stick to cities mostly, i like a good wine too and wouldnt be opposed to the odd wine tour, live music particularly rock and indie and im gay. if it helps when i went to belgium the entire highlight of my holiday was the dog in the window in bruges. poo poo like that, dogs in windows etc.

• Locked thread