Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

everything is terrible but the apple tv might be okay.

okay bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i want to know if i can use the ipad max as a phone

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whats the thing they ade to phone

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
oh cool its that comic again

for the 7,418th time today

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sniep posted:

because its correct

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Fabricated posted:

because its correct

YosPos posting technique:

* Click apple thread
* See comic "oh boy that sure is a tickler! So true, and how!"
* "Hey I should repost this in the CRApple thread too! THey will get a kick out of it!"
*copes imgur link from apple thread, posts in crapple thread 1 page after the last guy to post it in the crapple thread*

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the innovation is that apple didn't include a useless tiny trackpad on their dumb fabric keyboard

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so the $35/mo iPhone plan seems great as that's only $450/year or $900 every 2 years which is what you would spend anyway.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sniep posted:

lol id only ever seen people reference it. i did a double take when i saw the date

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Sniep posted:

* Click apple thread
* "Hey I should repost this in the CRApple thread too! THey will get a kick out of it!"
*copes imgur link from apple thread, posts in crapple thread 1 page after the last guy to post it in the crapple thread*

except they actually got it from the front page of reddit

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

qirex posted:

the innovation is that apple didn't include a useless tiny trackpad on their dumb fabric keyboard

Sorry qirex, no HDMI-CEC either.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol id only ever seen people reference it. i did a double take when i saw the date

holy poo poo i just noticed the date :drat:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

http://www.engadget.com/2004/04/29/steve-jobs-says-it-again-no-video-ipod/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

except they actually got it from the front page of reddit

you know it dawg :smugmrgw:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

echinopsis posted:

and yet apple have been staunch anti stylus with tablets for years

face it - they've simply waited until they could pull it off successfully to wait till the release it. typicaly fuckin apple

April 2004

quote:

"One of the things we say around Apple, and I paraphrase Bill Clinton from the 1992 presidential race, is 'It's about the music, stupid.'" Mr. Jobs says that there is a big difference between the way people listen to music and other activities like watching videos. Specifically, he said, you can listen to music in the background, while movies require that you actually watch them. "You can't watch a video and drive a car," he said. "We're focused on music."

October 2005: iPod video released

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

you know it dawg :smugmrgw:

is that the sandwiches lady from e/n

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

trilljester posted:

Sorry qirex, no HDMI-CEC either.

actually it does have it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

are you psyched then qirex

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

echinopsis posted:

whats the thing they ade to phone

3d touch, which does different things like context menus with different forces of touch. it looks good and neat.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

what's more like an existing product, the apple TV (roku 3 literally does all of the things except touch remote) or ipad pro (surface with a stylus)

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

oh, the apple TV supports MFi controllers, by the way

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isn't because we don't want to hit that price point, it's because we think the screen is too small to express the software," Jobs said on Monday's quarterly earnings conference call. "As a software driven company we think about the software strategies first."

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

are you psyched then qirex

I am moderately excited, the fact that it uses hdmi 1.4 instead of the vastly superior 2.0a is kind of lame but netflix's 6.5mb 4k is pretty weak and nobody is streaming atmos yet anyway

I assume amazon will be releasing an app since there's an ios one and then I will only have to use my blu ray player for spinny disc consumption

e: I am 100% purchasing the New Apple TV

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

a loving iPad maxi and now applecare+ is $99 an incident?

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

and still a 16 GB model

shameful

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

so the $35/mo iPhone plan seems great as that's only $450/year or $900 every 2 years which is what you would spend anyway.

the best part might be that it doesn't matter what carrier you have. like my carrier doesn't have iPhone, now they basically do.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

what's more like an existing product, the apple TV (roku 3 literally does all of the things except touch remote)

nobody is going to make games for roku over apple

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

"The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isn't because we don't want to hit that price point, it's because we think the screen is too small to express the software," Jobs said on Monday's quarterly earnings conference call. "As a software driven company we think about the software strategies first."

that was probably a spin on a much more less steve-like reason - suppliers, profitability, hitting the price point

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if it's as compatible as they say, there will be a massive land rush to port the millions of ios games over

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

mishaq posted:

and still a 16 GB model

shameful

this does suck but given Apple Music, Photos and the new iOS 9 app squishing stuff, you need far less space than you did in iOS 7

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if it's as compatible as they say, there will be a massive land rush to port the millions of ios games over

200mb cap which is super laffo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sniep posted:

* Click apple thread
sorry about your consumer cult

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

this does suck but given Apple Music, Photos and the new iOS 9 app squishing stuff, you need far less space than you did in iOS 7

this is bullshit kevin and you know it, every picture is gonna be a goddamn mini movie on the new phone

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

triple sulk posted:

that's 200mb for the base install but you can stream levels and assets as you need them. plus this will obviously increase over time as it has on every device.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Puppy Galaxy posted:

this is bullshit kevin and you know it, every picture is gonna be a goddamn mini movie on the new phone

haha good point but they are just thumbnails until you load them from iCloud

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

triple sulk posted:

Apple allows you to download the rest of the game from your own servers. It's basically anroid circa 2007.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

triple sulk posted:

yeah that's unfortunate but still plenty of games

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

mishaq posted:

and still a 16 GB model

shameful

Just buy more iCloud storage space. Not that big of a deal.

Steve

Sent from my Grave

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

qirex posted:

actually it does have it

so when i turn the atv on and off, it'll send commands through hdmi that a good tv will understand, turning itself on and off too????

and for volume too????

please tell me this is how it works. i wil buy one for that feature alone because im lazy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Does tvos support touch screens?

• Locked thread