Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

what was the cisco thing

6 Sigma?

iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I cant wait to see how huge the 6s will be both because they're trying to outdo Samsung and because they need to reinforce the chassis which on the iphone 6 still bends with normal use.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

the case will be 1mm bigger so the camera sits flush

timb points this out and says "there, are you happy now" and rolls his eyes

lmao I forgot about the non-flush camera. tim is a disaster, but atleast they can use it as an excuse to reinforce the case with thicker materials.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jony ive aces posted:

those "gold" iphones are some gaudy fuckin poo poo

they are appropriate wear for the discerning track-suit enthusiast

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Katana Gomai posted:

don't kid yourself into thinking an apple console would be anything more than a device which lets you play ios poop games on tv

iOUYA

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
have they announced anything new yet?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

they made a surface.

that's new. for apple anyway

does it come w/ windows 10?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

sadly no, still confined to iOS.

but ios now does metro sty;e multitasking!

hmm well that's really disappointing cause ios is trash. atleast if it was osx it would mean you could probably upgrade to windows 10 but wow, ios? really?

sounds like they don't really know what to do any they're just copying everyone they can now but like the ideas that were from 5 years ago like apps on ur tv.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

lol shopping from your couch this is as tryhard as the apple watch announcement

its like its 1999 and the internet is new again

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

aereo was kind of bending the laws, slingtv and ps vue are legit services content owners sign on for. was hoping apple would be able to bend them to their will and make a cool thing

aereo's business model was stealing other peoples content and then charging people for it. it was illegal all the way down. apple could get licenses to carry local broadcast stations if they wanted to but it would be as much of a nightmare as you'd think

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

they launched a surface rt, not a surface pro

just think of it that way

oh. hmm. wow. that's really bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BiohazrD posted:

at what point do you become a retransmitter? if aereo were providing the internet connection and I had to buy my own antenna and dvd and ship it to them would it count? what if they provide the antenna and internet connection?

at what point do they become a retransmitted if each user has their own dedicated equipment?

it was a bad court decision

wrong. their business model was selling stolen content and their business model goes away if they lose that content.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"Bluhhh bluuhh bluuuhh but if is steal the content THIS way its TOTALLY different! haha!~ got u!" - dumb fuckers defending aereo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Snapchat A Titty posted:

smh if you dont steal content

steal all the content you want but don't pretend its legal because of this one weird trick.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I FORGIVE YOU TIM

lol that's actually surprising as hell. usually apple doesn't go anywhere near useful standards.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BiohazrD posted:

stealing free ota content? how does that work?

its not free to retransmit which is what aereos business model was. it doesn't matter if they make some claim that they are renting you equipment to do the retransmission yourself, their entire business model was the retransmission of other peoples content without compensation or permission which is illegal.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BiohazrD posted:

bad and wrong -shaggar

and yet the law and the courts agree with me.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BiohazrD posted:

ah yes, the infallible law and court system in the united states

its fine if you don't agree with the law, but claiming aereo wasn't breaking the law when they clearly were makes you stupid.

like it was such an open and shut case and the final nail in the coffin was how fast they folded after losing access to other people's content. the concept is dead and buried and its not coming back until the law changes.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

NILAY PATEL11:30:21 AM PDT
Oh boy, it's right click for your phone.

finally we have come full circle to windows mobile

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Snapchat A Titty posted:

why arent they showing jon ive

has he been horribly disfigured in a force touch accident??

because hes a hack and everyone knows it now.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lets just intuitively let the user figure out how long or hard to press in any random spot to effect a specific outcome

no really, this is good design guys.

on windows mobile you right clicked by holding the stylus in place. as you held it a circle went around the stylus point and once it finished it did the right click. it was pretty intuitive but w/ a finger they'd need some other kind of indicator so idk. or is this only on the iSurface RT

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

do you remember how quick, simple, and intuitive the ui was on the original iphone?

it was loving mindblowing, pretty much because it wasn't this huge bloated mess (like winmo was at the time)

winmo was better than ios8+ cause it was a designed for a stylus and it was easy to figure poo poo out. ios 8+ has poo poo flying out at random on mistouches and is slow and garbage all around.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

in all seriousness near-instant fingerprint recognition is actually bad because it means if you press the home button just to see the time or whatever you end up unlocking your phone

mostly I use the top button for that but sometimes it stops responding to that button so I have to use the home button and then I realize its just locked up and wait like 10 seconds for it to come out of sleep

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Migishu posted:

OH HEY THE LENS STILL STICKS OUT ON THE NEW PHONE

LOL WOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE

for real??

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

that used to happen to me all the time (and it would take a screenshot) but tbh i havent seen it happen at all on ios 9

yeah they fixed that so it makes the screenshot flash and sound but doesn't take the screenshot

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

is that the new Samsung galaxy?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

no i mean i haven't had the home screen lock up on me like it used to

mine did it earlier today.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

are you using ios 9?

oh wait no I'm on 8.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

as much as it would be "surface lol" an actual usb port would have gone miles towards making that better, most audio accessory companies are still shipping 30-pin hardware :downs:

yeah lol a usb port! now you can use pretty much any accessory invented in the last 15 years! what a dumbass you are!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
next you're going to tell me you want a port for the standard memory card so you can get photos and videos off your camera easily. lol, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

nah my camera has wifi

are there standards for getting the photos off there and onto the ipad or do you have to install some 3rd party software?

• Locked thread