Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Fury in MGS3 is a great boss, and he usually gives me a lot of trouble on hard or above. I just flawlessly stamina killed him in 1 minute and 30 seconds on Euro Extreme. drat it feels good to be a gamer.

Now I want to know about times in games that made other imps feel like badasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The final boss fight in Persona 3 was pretty badass

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I never fought that guy, but the true demon final boss of Nocturne was badass. I was inches away from dying, then I decided to have Dante taunt Lucifer twice which won it for me.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

i started playing ffviii for the first time last night, and i didn't really understand the rules of triple triad until i lost and drew a few matches and was left with 5 garbage cards, but i found a running child in the lobby of the school and managed to beat him like i was kaiji or something. now i have a bunch of cards that are better than the ones i had at the start of the game! felt pretty drat cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's a cool fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I replayed VVVVVV a year or two after I first played + 100%ed it. I wasn't going for completion but I wanted to try the Veni Vidi Vici trinket for old times sake and cleared it in one go. Took my hands off the keyboard and felt like a total badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also beating Logarius in coop with Bobnumerotres having 0 blood vials and being one hit from death for the entire second half of the fight after we didn't interrupt the super saiyan power up

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm sure anyone posting here would agree that the first time you beat any of the bosses in Bloodborne you feel pretty badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I'm sure anyone posting here would agree that the first time you beat any of the bosses in Bloodborne you feel pretty badass

I think oneshotting bosses in NG+ is the best gamerfeel of the year.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I think oneshotting bosses in NG+ is the best gamerfeel of the year.
This is why the Lavos boss rush in Chrono Trigger is so good.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

I replayed VVVVVV a year or two after I first played + 100%ed it. I wasn't going for completion but I wanted to try the Veni Vidi Vici trinket for old times sake and cleared it in one go. Took my hands off the keyboard and felt like a total badass

I'm impressed.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
unlocking the invincibility cheat in goldeneye 64
mod edit: without a gameshart or any other bs

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

starbarry clock posted:

unlocking the invincibility cheat in goldeneye 64
mod edit: without a gameshart or any other bs

facility is a good level with good tricks and this cheat made me appreciate that

or was facility the all guns cheat

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Killing just about anything in Ninja Gaiden Black makes you feel like a badass, except those stupid ghost fish.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's been overtaken now but I felt fairly bad rear end when I got the known world record in a NES Remix stage.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just got a S rank on episode 14 of MGS5 which feels pretty badass since Kaz loses his mind about how awesome you are.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

killing

first try after coming back from a week-long camping trip; before that I'd been banging my head against him for ages without success

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The time I landed a perfect speedrun in SSX (2012) online, like 4 seconds faster than my best time and won the Diamond medal. I never saw another time close to it and I was never able to duplicate it in single player. Since online events reset every few hours, the replay is gone forever.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
my most recent badass game feel is probably beating shagaru magala.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
lately, everytime I S rank a mission in MGSV and Miller won't shut up about how great I did

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't wait to feel like a badass playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I can't wait to feel like a badass playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Me too

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It feels very badass.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I did a badass move where I threw a smoke into a group of guys around a prisoner, extracted him while they were coughing and confused, and got the hell out of there like a God drat Boss.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Now I want to know about times in games that made other imps feel like badasses.

Everything in MGSV up to and including petting DD

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I completed the crusader kings tutorial, felt pretty badass

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Turning into Roman Reigns and winding up the superman punch in MGS5 is epic.

Soral
May 30, 2009

mgs5 is epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just badassly accidentally fultoned a tank with a driver still in it after slamming another dude into it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Another badass thing is I'm deployed as a guy with a speed trait and he runs so fast that objects make whooshing sounds when they go past me.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played through the fight all the way to the final (non-scripted) form, decided to try to use an attack that couldn't be blocked or reflected while the boss was using an effect that reflected everything, wiped my entire party, and had to do the whole thing over again. took about an hour each time.

it's a cool fight.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Katana_Warrior posted:

i started playing ffviii for the first time last night, and i didn't really understand the rules of triple triad until i lost and drew a few matches and was left with 5 garbage cards, but i found a running child in the lobby of the school and managed to beat him like i was kaiji or something. now i have a bunch of cards that are better than the ones i had at the start of the game! felt pretty drat cool.

That child holds the rare mini mog card.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I beat the f zero gx story mode on very hard.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I beat dark souls without catching aids.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I was playing yakuza 4 and some dude picked a fight with me because I was drunk after I kicked his rear end he was all "I'm sorry I'm lower than dog poo poo on your shoes" and I was all :smug:

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ntsK-T6_2s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I beat dark souls without catching aids.

You already had AIDS.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

You already had AIDS.

I caught it from reading your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didn't know "reading your posts" is how Kiwi's said "Having sex with unprotected man rods".

• Locked thread