Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://yle.fi/uutiset/iraqis_on_facebook_warn_compatriots_against_coming_to_finland/8321293

There are other similar news but apparently Finland is so depressing place that refugees are starting to run back to Sweden/Germany/loving Iraq.

Also, mere existence of police at the swedish border directing these people to registration was so terrifying that several buses full of them just turned around at border and went back to Sweden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

murphyslaw posted:

Sensible. Living in a bombed-out ruin with bullets whistling by over your head

But enough about Malmö.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Why is Narciss allowed to post in this thread exactly? If anyone wants to read his opinion, they can just read youtube comments. No need to get a double dose of it by polluting this thread with RT talking points and racist nonsense.
Wrongthink detected, mods???? Mods????

Volkerball posted:

In poo poo that matters, the US has pledged to take in an additional 10k Syrian refugees immediately, targeting specifically the most at risk people.

How racist, they should know that the proper way to aid refugees is to shovel money to everyone who manages to buy their way in while ignoring the people left behind. It's like reality tv but sadly there are no cameras.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Just to make sure, you are criticising Europe for not bringing in enough refugees here, yes?

I'm criticizing them for not sending a drone fleet to film their trip and make it into new reality tv series.
We could then vote who get to continue on to Germany/UK/Scandinavia and who will be cast out and have to stay in Ukraine.

In other news, after police force and army presence at swedish border proved not effective enough, we are now starting to irradiate it.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

murphyslaw posted:

Haha yeah, insisting that countries follow the laws that they themselves benefited from not two generations ago is completely like some nutty guru's monotone chanting. I can even see it when I close my eyes... "Ommmm shakti you should practice what you preach, ommmm shakti laws exist to preserve ordered society..." Haha, what a loon, you sure showed him!

Maybe the countries should then actually honor those laws?

Sweden is busy masturbating about what a shining example of tolerance and welcoming they are and then bussing the immigrants arriving there to finnish border. Guess there's small print in Dublin agreement that they can shove the incoming saracen into other Nordic countries when they realized that they got way over their head?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Okay so just to be clear, your criticism of European countries here is they're not living up to humanitarian ideals and caring for refugees who arrive at their doorstep but are trying to foist them off as somebody else's problem, yes?

My criticism is about Sweden's government abusing their monopolies to steal jobs from honest human traffickers. Yet another example of out of control government destroying private entrepreneurship.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

The Red Cross says something else (that maybe one on 20 refugees has some workable knowledge of English, and that speakers of Urdu Pashto and other languages are urgently needed to close the growing communication gap).

Cracked is an authoritative source on exactly zero topics ever.

News reports from border are also saying that finnish police is having lots of trouble getting the refugees to understand that they need to register if they want to continue further. The few refugees that speak english are acting as translators. So even if they are highly trained, chances are they won't be contributing much to local economy since they don't speak any local language.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Some of those fleeing are people like doctors and scientists. Do you really think the people who've managed to get this far are flea-ridden homeless bums who mooched off the local generosity until now?

How does studying to become doctor/scientist help you travel across Europe since they apparently didn't study english.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

It gives you money, the thing people like you seem to be scared they're going to coming over and stealing from hard-working Europeans.

Considering that Finland gets very few Syrian refugees, irrelevant. Our 'refugees' consist mostly of Iraqis who have heard promises about easy livin' in Finland, are mostly unemployed and do not integrate into society, some of which are starting to voluntary go back to Iraq on basis that Finland has no jobs and will not have jobs any time soon because our major industries were gutted, there's no apartments unless you are willing to live so far in bönde that even lapish reindeer fuckers would think twice and government is doing it's best to prevent any class mobility.

But I can already see Sipilä's throbbing erection as he borrows notes from Germany and introduces 'work integration' plan where refugees work for 1 euro per hour and he finally gets to destroy those pesky unions once and for all.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Starshark posted:

Yes, I'm thick because I don't know Finnish bureaucracy inside and out. Which is all it is. You don't need to study twelve years solid to be university ready in any other country when you're an adult.

Finnish universities are built as continuum to the finnish school system before them, I see sometimes people in university chemistry courses who have not done full chemistry course load in high school and they generally have pretty bad time.

Starshark posted:

So are you saying people from Somalia are all empty vessels who haven't learned anything and don't have the education to streamline the process a little? They gotta do the whole twelve years? :allears:

In 2009, 90% of Somalis coming here were illiterate. Very little of what they had learned so far is useful in modern society.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Volkerball posted:

It's pretty drat easy to learn a language when you're immersed in it, and not all jobs require a degree. In Denver, basically every taxi driver was an immigrant from Eritrea for some reason, and while they had noticeable accents, talking with them, they were generally getting by and happy, having only been in the US a few years. You're exaggerating how difficult it is to assimilate.

Even the most inbred sheep loving yokel living in bönde will have had 12 years of teachers ramming civilization in his head and if he wasn't big on book learning, he went to vocational school. There are very few jobs that require absolutely no training and we have massive unemployment so even those will have overqualified people applying for.

Also, Ligur touched this a bit, Finland has massive bureaucracy, if you want to drive a taxi, that's two thousand euros for driver's license, then the taxi driving training and 'local knowledge' requirement. You are literally not permitted to drive taxi if you can't pass the exam that tests your knowledge about local streets, tourist spots and whatnot. What chances you think a refugee who literally cannot read or write has passing the exams?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Effectronica posted:

Well, I guess it wasn't a trick after all. Good God.

Here I thought that integrating couple thousand illiterate goat herders into modern society might be hard, especially when they have a habit of moving into groups that stop interacting with the native population as much as possible. But no, it's because finnish have innate ability to distinguish various afrikan people from each other and are racist only against some of them.

But hey, there's good news from the integration front, their children have much brighter prospects and according to fairly recent study they have probably stopped sending children onto a trip back to Somali for genital mutilation and only ~50% of 18-29 year old somali women have experienced that.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Mikojan posted:

Having worked in Finland for a while and aside of that in most other Scandinavian countries, I can honestly say Finnish is the most bizarre , fairy tale, "is he actually talking to me or just laughing in my face" sounding language I have ever come in contact with. I'm fluent in Dutch, English and French, have basic German and Russian knowledge, but it would take me years upon years of intensive day by day courses to even get to grasps with the basics of Finnish.

I wouldn't often say this but I honestly believe having to speak Finnish is a real and serious problem for integrating immigrants that will cause perfectly fine and competent candidates to remain unemployed for years upon years.

Perhaps adding English as a second official language would be worth thinking over? This problem wont solve itself and immigrants are going to come, like it or not.

English as second language would make sense but Swedish People Party holds absurd amounts of political power compared to their actual size and will torpedo all proposals that affect swedish's position as second official language.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Sweden should pay reparations to Finland for their crimes against us when we were part of swedish kingdom.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

How much do I personally have to pay if I want to dress like KKK and shout racial slurs at minorities? And should I send the money somewhere or just hurl it at the darkies I see?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I guess Finland's refugee crisis will solve itself when our economy crashes and refugees run back to Sweden.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Finland is getting mostly Iraqis and Somalis because we don't have agreements that allow us to forcibly return people who get denied residency and because our 'How dangerous Iraq is' chart is way more generous than rest of the Europe's.

Anyway, officials have suspended asylum granting to Iraqis and Somalis until they have updated the procedure to match rest of EU.
http://yle.fi/uutiset/iraqi_refugees_on_hunger_strike_to_protest_stricter_asylum_guidelines/8344387

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

Finland is a conscription country anyway why would they be against a massive influx of new recruits.

These people already ran away instead of fighting for their own country, the idea that they would have stomach to fight against russians is pretty ridiculous.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Abusive, slightly genocidal dictator with no legitimacy or possibly fanatical fundamentalists.

Lots of things to fight for.

But enough about United States.

Also, we are still not getting syrians here, it's all iraqis and somalis who have pretty poor history with army.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

waitwhatno posted:

This is what I mean when I say that people, in general, are a little bit cuckoo in the head. Look:

Here is how a substantial part of the world lives

Here is how you live in 2016.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

i didn't know israel planned to invade finland

Relief force after the fighting in Malmö spills over Gulf of Bothnia.

corn in the bible posted:

i think the mian thing this thread has provne is finnish people are literal retards who should be culled

Wow, pretty ableist there.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Like you actually give a poo poo.

How does that make it any less offensive?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Not at all, but let's face it, you don't actually give a poo poo. You're doing it to make fun of people who actually do.

Then, if I am not allowed to personally call out someone for doing something offensive because it doesn't touch me, what should I do? Ignore it and let it happen? Find someone who is affected by it, explain the offense to them and then bring them in to call the guilty party out?

Maybe we could organize some professional offendees who can be brought in to take offense of any situation, thus ensuring that not slur goes uncalled, no matter how few people it affects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I'm dyslexic, please be more understanding of people different from you. Also, attacking someone's idioms just because they are different from yours is not very welcoming, unless you want to force yours on me.

Also,
http://grammarist.com/spelling/offence-offense/

quote:

Other than how they are spelled and where they are used, there is no difference between offence and offense. Offense is the preferred spelling in the United States, and offence prevails in all the main varieties of English from outside the U.S.
:confused:
Firefox's spell check doesn't even recognize 'offence' as word and suggests offense as replacement.

• Locked thread