Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I continue to sing the praises of BECU here in Washington State.

They have been so good to us for the last 12 years or so....we really plan to stay with them for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Disco Salmon posted:

I continue to sing the praises of BECU here in Washington State.
They have been so good to us for the last 12 years or so....we really plan to stay with them for a long time.

-Blackadder- posted:

I'm actually in Washington State, and I've heard good things about Alliant. What's the benefit of going with a local state CU over something like Alliant?

SiGmA_X posted:

Probably nothing. You can go into any CU (basically) and withdraw all your monies no problem. The only thing I am unsure of is certified checks, but I assume that is something all CUs will do for a small fee - First Tech does it for free. And that is literally the only time I've been into FTF in the last 1.5yrs!

TBH I have not had to use certified checks in years and years so I don't know if BECU does that or not. Most likely they do...they seem to have everything else covered, including medallion signatures. I also get 4% interest rate for the first $500 in checking and main savings, and a blended rate afterwards. So overall, its not bad :)

Alliant is great too from what I hear :) I will be opening an account with them as well soon, but BECU is nice IMHO because of the fact you can go into a branch if needed and speak to a person, as well as deposit cash etc. Its nice to have that option. I love the online banks, but I really like having the actual bank to go to when needed. I am kind of old fashioned I guess in that respect.

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 8, 2015

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

Well I am in Washington but I'm not really near a BECU branch. However I looked at some CU review sites and apparently BECU is really popular and well known despite being local, it had more reviews than Alliant on the sites I saw.

I'd like a good online banking setup, free checking, and a nice low interest cc, since I only have a rewards card.

Well, I love the online system they have...its pretty good. At least I think so! They recently started a few months back, the online check deposit through the app so I use that a ton.

Checking is free, and we just got our credit card updated with the new low rate of 6.9% from 8% if that helps any :) Only thing is I wish the same day payment would go through faster for the VISA. Right now, if I do it early, like 6am that morning from checking to the VISA....it will usually be credited to my acct by about 9ish that night. One thing though for a rewards card.... BECU offers one on their VISA, but its a $25 year fee to upgrade the VISA to that. I never used the rewards much they offered tbh. I usually just do the cash back option.

The car loan, the LoC, and HELoC all go thru quickly though so that is nice.

• Locked thread