Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I downloaded these at work. Sucks to be whatever I was supposed to be doing, because it's not getting done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

My phone battery cannot take the assault from me today. Clearly getting lots done at work.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Wow. I should save up my love gems to do a bulk pull like this. One at a time just seems to posh now.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Solder Game wasn't the craziest thing ever? At least I didn't think so. Did I pass it on hard? Hahaha yeah right. I've been playing for just less than a week. I got about halfway through the song before the spotlight holds just finished me off. I find everything to be pretty straight forward, but then I always gently caress up releasing the holds. Every. drat. Time.

Also I can FC all of the Hit songs on Hard. Is there a general consensus on where to spend my lp for B-Side songs? Any particular hard charts to watch out for that aren't just tossing 15+ lp out the window?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Alright. I'll spend a bunch of my lp playing some B-side hard charts. If I end up failing out a bunch whatever; wont get better if you dont yolo a bit.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yeah the normal ones are already super easy for me, so I just need to play the harder ones to get my brain used to reading the circles.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Getting my idolized girls up to 60 takes so long, yikes. Given I've only been playing a couple of weeks, so I assume I have far less random girls to feed to level ups than I will in the future.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I was up last night until the event ended. It was worth it.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I still need to see the Love Live movie but haven't yet found a way to do this other than taking a physical trip on a plane. I've been suffering for a year over this.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm still saving up my next 50 love gems for another go at it. I anxiously await getting them.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

goddamn, Nico Puri on Normal is as hard as the Hard songs I've unlocked so far

Yeah and at 15 LP a play, it's tough to get practice in lol. I can pass most B-side hard songs, but not with good scores or combos yet.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

For every normal girl I idolize in SIF do I get extra rewards for getting them to level 60 as well as maxing their bond? Or do I just need to max their bond for the side stories?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Alright so I do need to keep them around while I level em up. Just checking cause drat I have a lot.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

For maximum rewards, yes, but it's only maybe 4-5 extra love gems. The easiest thing to do for good rewards is to idolize them, max their bonds, and eat them. If you do want to max level them (heck, I do it), feed them to each other in a chain. The unfortunate consequence of doing this is that you either prioritize maxing the trash to get them out of your box, leaving your teams under-leveled, or you prioritize your teams, leaving your box clogged.

I chose the latter and end up having to practice every couple of live songs. It's a pain but it stretches out the three songs I can play before having to wait on LP again.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

A man after my own heart.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I wish playing SIF at work was easier. Unfortunately it's either on speaker so I can hear people walking up to my desk to ask for stuff or I have headphones in and can't hear them so they come see what I'm doing. The judgement is real but this game isn't gonna play itself.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's worth it.

Unless you're talking about going for Tier 2. That's never worth it, even for Nico.

omfg I want this so bad. Are they the score event rewards this time around? If so I will go in with my massively sub-par teams and just pray I get people with teams as bad as mine.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's the SR for the current JP Score Match. She's cute, and I'm going to get her.

The good news is that even if you consistently get 3rd or 4th place, you can still get to 25k event points with just efficient use of stamina. Even if you miss a few plays, it shouldn't take more than a handful of loveca.

poo poo. I haven't made myself a JP account yet due to lazy.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I long for the day I finally cap my level in SIF. I only have 41 LP right now. Sucks to only be able to play 2 songs (3 if I play an easy one) before having to put it down for a few hours.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I envy you so hard

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

squidflakes posted:

I'm curious if they use the same seed for the RNG when you do a 10 pull. If so, you'd have a more actually random chance by doing one draw at a time.

This is getting dangerously close to mathpost. Don't distract me from my waifus you vile creature.

PS - math owns but gently caress stats. Nobody likes stats.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Maki GET

Now to return to only intermittent idoling.

Godammit I want it so bad

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I don't have enough cards yet to really do anything other than auto-form them (though I have all R teams now at least). The SR collection is steadily getting bigger though.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I don't get enough chances to play during work hours usually, so I'm stuck with lunch and as many songs as I can get once I'm home.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Aku posted:

The current event in SIF being Rin is killing me, especially because I love Koi no Signal RinRinRin and its EX chart. The timing issue's turned me off so much that I just skipped the last two events, even after adjusting the timing.

SS is very fun, but trying to fullcombo songs tends to be annoying. It's mainly because of the flicks and zigzags(took me ages just to FC Legne Adanasu on PRO). I can appreciate the effort put into it though, the game looks prettier than the Love Live Vita game even. Also the Room feature is too addictive.

Oh god there's a Love Live game for the Vita? Where do I get my hands on this?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

It's official. I fall asleep singing Rin Rin Rin to myself. It's happening. I don't dislike it.

The FC still eludes me though. I manage to land 1 good every time in that little 16th run.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

graybook posted:

Here's one version: https://www.amazon.com/School-Paradise-Limited-Edition-Import-3010556011/dp/B00F2DWPP8

There's also a version for Printemps and Lily White, I believe.

Thank you for enabling me. Now to try and hunt down the other two so I have all 9...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Is that card going to be JP only?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I feel like I'm too far behind on the Rin event to get a card :smith: And after burning a bunch of loveca on said event they have a scouting event start up. Damnit game.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'll get some of the fancy SR's one day...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm probably not even going to get the Run card from the current EN event. What rank do you need to be to pull that off usually, or is just straight dependent on the number of event points? Only want one, don't have enough time in my life to get two.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Jesus 11k? Yeah I have 6k. RIP this event card lol.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

That also means they have to play much less. I'm thinking next time I'll do exactly this.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I have a new bookmark. Also while I love the poo poo out of Eli, this particular card might not warrant a hard rush for it over the weekend (which is good because Blade & Soul is this weekend).

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I have recently started playing all the Expert songs and I am not a fan of the speed of the charts. I'll get used to it, it's just a little silly at first go to sight read at that speed.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

While not the toughest chart, Afterschool Navigates is fun as hell.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Spotlights still end my FC runs frequently. The only part I dislike about playing EX songs is that 25 lp is so drat much. I have 45 max right now and that poo poo limits me to 2 songs per play. It's quick, but can't wait to be able to play more.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

graybook posted:

Okay I'm still not good in terminology. What're spotlights?

That's what I call the hold notes in SIF. They legit look like spotlights to me.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I don't know/remember. If there was a "Skip tutorial" option I can promise I did just that. It's also been long enough that that particular piece of information has long since passed through the bowels of my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

So with SIF, what is this update that everyone disdains over? I clearly started playing after it landed. Also I've managed about 3500 event points so far. I might actually get the SR this time around.