Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Wow. I should save up my love gems to do a bulk pull like this. One at a time just seems to posh now.

Never ever solo scout when using love gems. You always get a bonus card for scouting in bulk so 50 gems gets you 11 cards instead of 10. And between events you are guaranteed at least 1 SR with the 10+1 scout. Turning a 9% chance into a 100% chance is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Commander Quack posted:

How many loveca does it take to at least T2 anyways? Particularly JP version.

It is entirely dependent on how much lp you have. Someone with 75 lp can get 150 lp in 2 love gems vs someone with 50 lp needing 3 love gems. It took me 19 the first time I went for t2, but I overshot a lot and probably could have done it in 17. That was with an account around level 50 on the English version.

On JP it takes significantly less love gems until level 100 due to half the exp requirement for leveling. In fact, a brand new account can hit t2 with under 10 love gems. The scores to tier are generally higher though so once you hit level 100 it's a lot tougher.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I actually think it's neat to watch the progression of Aquors as it's happening instead of reading about it years later. Muse was built in part by audience participation. I'm sure their second single will have a vote for center just like Snow Halation. There will probably be subgroups formed from voting later on. And I'm curious to see if they can make lightning strike twice or if this new group will fall flat.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I wish playing SIF at work was easier. Unfortunately it's either on speaker so I can hear people walking up to my desk to ask for stuff or I have headphones in and can't hear them so they come see what I'm doing. The judgement is real but this game isn't gonna play itself.

I'm debating whether going for Vocaloid Maki in the current JP event is worth this kind of commitment. Also the annoying prospects of averaging 3rd place in score match to the mass of japanese accounts with better teams than me.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's worth it.

Unless you're talking about going for Tier 2. That's never worth it, even for Nico.
I was talking about going for tier 2, but considering my JP account only has 59 LP I don't think I'll go for it. I have done under 6 hours of sleep per night for 10 days the first time I ever tier 2'd (for a Nico card) and you're right, it isn't worth it.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 6, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

John McClane posted:

so is it possible to get rin if I'm literally not good enough to beat hard mode without burning a love gem

Playing lower difficulty songs just means that you have a smaller LP cushion, but it's not so bad that it's impossible. A token event song at Normal difficulty with an S score, S combo nets the same amount of points per token as Hard A score, B combo. And it's a lot easier to pull off.

The real hurdle is needing to play the same song so many more times. You'll probably start hearing "rin, rin, rin" in your sleep.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ChubbyThePhat posted:

My teams must be so weak. I play hard songs for the event and just get rekt. I can FC a song and still get third by like 9k points. I know I don't have the best girls yet but jesus lol

Either that or there's some secret I don't know

I was about to make an effort post explaining how score match works, but it's much easier to just link a video of it that will explain better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJk_FKvsWgA

Basically, you'll be matched based on the scores of your last 4 songs played on that difficulty against opponents within a range of -20% to +20% of your average scores. So you can sometimes be matched up against 3 other people that you will have no hope of beating. And sometimes you're matched up against 3 people that have no hope of beating you.

Don't worry too much about placement until you have a team of every attribute that can S rank score the songs on the difficulty you want to play. That's pretty much the best thing you can have for any event. I think I just ended up writing an effort post even after linking the video.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The unidolized cyber Nico and Honoka URs are 2 of my favorite cards in the game. It's too bad the SRs are just the rest of the girls in their school uniforms doing nothing interesting. Not sure if I'll burn my gems on the job or cyber set on EN next year.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I dunno how people get SRs without stoning. I was like 7.5k off from Steampunk Eli.

On a side note, I spent 10 Lovecas upgrading my slots and now I actually have space to breath.

For score match you need to average 2500 points a day. So 11-12 Hard songs a day if you can S rank the score. With a 60 LP bar if you play once in the morning, once midday(after work/school, lunch break, "smoke" break, extended piss break, etc.), and once before you go to bed that should be enough to get any event SR. I cheat the midday one a lot by playing EX songs even though I'm really bad at them and lose out on event points. It's just faster to play 2 songs instead of 4. There is also a cushion in this schedule from level ups. The hardest part is getting to 60 LP in the first place. Having a small LP bar is the root of most event difficulties. After that it's a matter of wanting to play that much or not.

For medley festivals LP cost for playing songs is reduced by 20% and you can spend gold to increase your event points gained by 10%. Also random boosts from your friends list. I'm not doing the math for that but it makes it a lot easier to get the SR.

The next JP event features the tsundere love duet from NicoMaki. Too bad the token events no longer come with a story.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Should not have attempted the EX version of Magnetic Today just as the event started when I'm too tired to even C combo After School Navigators. RIP my 75 tokens. Wasting 7+ hours of progress is a good way to start events.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
There are 6 Nico heavy songs up on the JP EX list right now. Clearly the right choice is to play all of them.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I'm jealous of your idolized Ghost Maki. I had some stuff come up in the last two days of the event so I couldn't play the game at all let alone tier.

Also, I only have 1 Nico across all teams on my JP account. A truly sad state of affairs.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
As a random tangent, with a new Lily White CD in the near future, Umi's voice actress will have 2 CD's, 1 concert DVD of her solo tour earlier this year, 1 live concert of her new CD, 2 anime OVA roles, and 3 televised anime roles all in the span of 4 months. Mimorin is freaking bionic.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

squidflakes posted:

Are the event rankings not updating for anyone else?

I'm not tiering so I haven't been paying attention to my own rank, but yes it is an issue that's popped up in the last day or so.

EDIT: beaten to the post.

By the way, what happens if your Ticket thing is already partially filled and you do a 10+1 pull? Does it just go all the way up to 10 and give you a ticket or does it do a full loop and give you a ticket while keeping you at your current position?

It fills up 11 hearts as you would expect from 10+1. It loops around once and gives you a ticket plus one extra heart from your last position.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 17, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The score boost is enough to bump a team that normally B or A ranks into S rank easily. That plus the event point boost really make a big difference. Everything else is nice to have but not neccessary.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Moldy Taxes posted:

So if I have teams that can already hit S scores, I shouldn't need to buy score boosts?

I would assume not. I've only done medley events on JP (obviously) where my teams have been way lower leveled and weaker than my EN account.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Great, my phone updated this morning and now SIF has big framerate dropping. Not just during songs. I even notice it on scouting and leveling up. It doesn't affect the timing so I can just play songs by ear. The problem is that when a song desyncs and I can't play it by ear, I also now can't play it by eye. Gross.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The SIF update on JP is pretty cool. No more wasted LP on level up. Now the extra gets added and you go above your max until it's spent. Also, when your scouting box is full, you no longer need to clear out at least 1 idol to play songs.

EDIT: I use qooapp and just open it up, find SIF and hit update. Haven't had any problems with it. And yes it's version 3.1.

http://apk.qoo-app.com

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 3, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Going out with a bang. Tokyo Dome can hold nearly twice as many people as Saitama Super Arena. It'll be quite the sight to see 50,000 nerds turn their glowsticks from white to orange during Snow Halation.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

squidflakes posted:

Any idea what's going to happen to LL:SIF after they stop touring and such? Have there been any announcements on the JP side about an End of Life date?

No news on any of this. For what it's worth, the game hasn't even gotten through all the songs from 2014 let alone the movie or the new sub-unit songs coming out right now.

EDIT: The most reasonable speculation I've read on Reddit is they will at least get through one more cycle of UR pairings as well as the 9 promo URs that were voted on in fall. Which is apparently, at the earliest, in July.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 7, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The level of your normal cards seems to scale somewhat with the number of songs you choose to play at once. I've never seen below a level 3 card when selecting 3 songs. Whether they come from silver or bronze rewards doesn't seem to have any influence on their level that I've seen. But I also haven't paid attention since this doesn't really matter much.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Alright time to burn through G like nobody's business. How many event points are required for the Maki from Medley?

Same as Score Match, 25k. But it's a bit easier to get there by spending some gold. The bonus for S combo is a 1.08 multiplier while the bonus you can buy with gold is a 1.10 multiplier.

You can get a MedFes card flailing around with no combo Expert songs and get to 25k faster than FC'ing every song on Hard in a Score Match.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Oh yeah, didn't mention I was talking about 3 Expert songs at once. Though it looks like it's true for 2 Expert songs at S rank, as well.

The amount of event points per song is probably not that different than Score Match, but the major difference is that MedFes has a 20% LP discount. So 3 LP off for Hard and 5 off for Expert. That boosts Expert's LP to Event points ratio up quite a bit. Then add in that you can buy a score boost that turns a team only capable of B ranking Expert into a team that can A or even S rank and there isn't much reason not to play it.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Mahoutsukai is the event song. I like the part where Nico sings "nico" and the other part where she sings "nico."

I might actually go for tier 2 in a token event since there are 4 EX songs rotating in and an EX event song I can actually FC. Very tempting.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I should also be saving up for Cyber Nico, but screw it.

Things worked out. This shores up my weakest team nicely. It also breaks my 7 or 8 straight 11 pulls with only one SR. And a bonus on JP from the Christmas scouting ticket.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Do you guys just do pulls as soon as you get 50 Lovecas?

The plan on EN was to save for either Job Kotori/Eli or Cyber Nico/Honoka. I had about 150 gems saved up. I got impatient and burned 50 attempting for the most recent Eli and 50 on Nico. Not sure what the plan is now that I burned most of my gems early.

On JP I scout every time I get 50 gems.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The best triple tag-teams are as follows:

1st Nico/Rin/Pana
2nd Nozomi/Eli/Umi
3rd Honoka/Kotori/Maki

graybook posted:

Nico is of course tops for me but a lot of the others are fluid.

But in terms of voice it's fairly easy

S tier: Umi
A tier: Eli
B tier: Maki, Rin
C tier: Hanayo, Nico
Squeak squeak tier: Kotori
Nasal tier: Nozomi

Also that article is hilarious because of the Carson bit.

I agree with this, but I would also put Honoka on the same tier as Maki and Rin.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Apathetic Panda posted:

So I got my friend into SIF and she's only level 13, but she decided to roll for the Nozomi and ended up getting a UR Eri. I'm so salty right now. I didn't get my first UR till like level 100.

This comic illustrates what happened to me pretty accurately. Replace Nico with me and Nozomi with my younger sister.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Polsy posted:

Well, it's the Love Live fanart thread, at least.

Anime chat thread: The Nico fanart appreciation thread.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Voting for subunit names may have been the most important day of your life, but for Chika, it was merely a Chu's Day.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There are character introductions - in English, even! - on the offical website. What more do you need to make an informed decision?

Oh, Hanamaru's skill is listed as solo singing. I'd like to hear some of that. Her VA was the anime cover song singer.

https://youtu.be/VaXFMj2ZcWo

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Daxing Dan posted:

School Idol Paradise was textbook shovelware, and it got the reception it deserved.

At least the games produced the Cutie Panther dance and it was performed at the 4th Live. So some good came out of them. The VAs getting launched into the air and onto the stage for the intro is pretty impressive. And they manage to stick the landing in high heels too.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Called MegaBox and I apparently have to buy one ticket for each day.

The biggest difference performance wise of each day has been that during the second portion of the live, they perform subunit songs on the first day and solo/duo songs during the second day. Only a handful of songs by the whole group are different from day 1 and 2.

So that's something to consider if you only have the cash to buy one day. Of course they could mix it up and do something different for the final live.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

This is some dedication. The top ten ranked Japanese players for this event all changed their centers to the Snow Halation R's and changed their names to the lines each idol says before performing the song in the anime.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Skwee posted:

make that one open slot. got another rare i didn't have before.

I have around 90 R's and 3 SR's sitting in my mailbox on JPSIF. And somehow I still have unidolized R's taking up space in my inventory. It's a bit ridiculous.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Part of the personal appeal of Love Live for me is the fact that Nico went from my least liked to my favorite idol. You just Nico Nico need to keep an open mind.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Zep, if you're looking to burn all your JP loveca, it looks like the scouting boxes for the nine days before the final live are going to be for individual members. April 27 is Umi so you can make a crazy all Umi account if you want.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Speaking of JP SIF, I've only spent 1 loveca this event and I'm not only keeping pace with tier 2, but actually climbing in ranks without needing to spend more. Last event I was sitting in tier 4 with the same spending. People are being really tight with their loveca.

This might be the easiest event ever to reach tier 2. Certainly it'll be the easiest Nico event to tier for ever.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

PrinnySquadron posted:

seems like the most appropriate place for this :

https://twitter.com/ZMD11S/status/713576877974167553

I'm reminded that this has never been posted in the idol thread. Seems relevant now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtQ6Y_surO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Looking at the setlist of the first night of the Final Live, they seem to have picked one past fan favorite for each the sub-units to perform. It's probably asking too much for them to perform Glass no Hanazono on the second night. I heard some people got upset that it was too gay or something when they performed it a couple years ago, but it is one of the best duet performances. Plus if NanjoIno can only perform a limited number of songs, people probably want to see a Soldier Game group performance instead.