Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

It did a self-update on iOS when I launched it just now, I don't know if that's related

Yea, there was an update today. If you're on Android, just go to qooapp again or whatever you used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I made 90000 somethingth place, so I'm happy. Also yes, Venus Syndrome owns and Minami owns.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Aku posted:

After pretty much a day of stubbornly wasting my Stamina, I realized that I should just play the Pro set in the Starlight Stage event. I'll be able to play Yumeiro Harmony on Master if I'm lucky, but I'm definitely not good enough to be able to play all the songs without dying at least once(I'm looking at you Ranko and Anzu).

I've gotten pretty lucky with that so far thankfully. The only songs I can't really do on Master are the two Ranko songs and Anzu no Uta, and I've managed to not get any of those yet on my event runs. Timing's still going to be tight reaching 10k event points before the end though.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

How many points are you getting per play, out of interest? I think at least one of the multple bugs they mention in their latest post which I don't have the energy to translate properly affects scoring, which may be why I get exactly 379 points every Pro game regardless of which team the autogenerator picks for me or whether I level two of my SR idols up ~20 levels.

Though, it hasn't stopped the #1 guy getting over 100,000 points so there must be more to it than that.

If it awards event points like the previous events, the only thing that matters is your final letter grade for the three songs, plus a bonus for your grade on the encore. Having better vocal appeal's going to help with that obviously, but after a certain threshold you're just getting a higher points score. Getting an S across the three songs plus an S on the encore gets me 500 something event points, don't remember the exact number, wanna say 534 or something like that. S for the three songs and A on the encore is still over 500 as well, just a bit less, i think 516? S on just the three songs without the encore is somewhere in the 300s by comparison (that was when I tried to do the encore on Master+, lol)

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Thankfully, I have better than commons to use for centers this time around. Already got like three Ninas lol.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Orange Sapphire is cool, but I'm still mad I didn't manage a single SR Kanade from the caravan event. Got like a million Nina and Azuki instead.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Just pulled an SSR Rin in deresute, gently caress yes.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Latest CGSS update lets you pick up idols in your room, game of the year.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
New CGSS song is up, Tokimeki Escalate. Also wtf, I just got 4200 star jewels for some reason.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Nina's great. http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/File:Ninasr3.jpg

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
lol, I did one this morning and got nothing except for the new military girl. Probably my worst ten pull to date.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

graybook posted:

Do there exist mobage like these with trading? I can't imagine the devs would consider it if rerolling is relatively easy - maybe only trade on paid accounts or something.

The only mobage i know of with trading was Fantasica, and it was a total shitshow, which is what I'd expect any mobage with gacha to turn into if it had trading.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Got rocked by Magic in CGSS just now, and I still haven't been able to clear master Tokimeki Escalate :( Oh well, new Miho song is pretty easy, and I got my Yuis from the event.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm just glad I was able to clear Gokigen on Master+. Fun as hell song. Yet I still can't do M@gic or Tokimeki Escalate on Master of course.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

Oh, they changed the SS caravan system, now you get fixed medals to exchange instead of randomly receiving the cards. I think I preferred random, 2000 medals is a long way away.

e: or is it both?

It's both. You can still get the event stuff as random drops, with better odds via matching grooves and high star rank on the center idol, but you can also get the medal as an item drop which you can exchange for event idols or items.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Pulled an SR from the local gacha in CGSS, pretty sure I just used all my luck for the year.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

graybook posted:

Didn't think you did, sorry; I intended to comment on the lack of (S)SR Cute.

I'm like that but with Passion unfortunately, still need an SSR there. Also Sae for life.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/30SecDeremas/status/685702955216011264

Sae is good.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
http://dare.moe/f/16I
http://dare.moe/f/16J

Famitsu scans for Imas if you like shiny pictures.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Technically speaking they're basically all parallel universes, with all the First and Second Vision business. Oddly enough though, they haven't said if Platinum Stars is considered to be Third Vision or whatever.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The great things about Dio and KuroiP sharing the same VA is that he's also the voice for Ichigo's dad in Aikatsu. IT'S ALL CONNECTED.

Also, the timeline is missing how Rei Toei fits into all this, clearly incomplete.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

I'm going to have to start scraping the data from @deresute_border because I really feel like it's getting gradually tougher. It'd make sense assuming the game population is still going up.

I'd be curious in that data as well since I haven't noticed things getting particularly harder in ranking. I think I've placed around 21,000th place or so for the last three events with event points, without having to use stamina drinks. I suspect the competition is probably getting tougher, but not across the board in terms of average song difficulty played on.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
On a side note, after watching the Imas series and movie, I sort of want to see a spinoff that's made of nothing but the in-series movie trailers.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Has anyone else started playing Photokatsu? It's the Aikatsu mobage and it's basically a Jubeat derivative.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Zenostein posted:

I saw it on the app store, but I have no idea what it does. Get cards -> MV -> picture?

Having spent several hours on it yesterday, it's pretty much straight up LLSIF/CGSS but like jubeat instead of beatmania. The photos are just the idols you make teams with, so nothing particularly fancy there. It also has a pretty significant story mode split up into multiple storylines by character which is cool, but it's also straight up impossible to progress each storyline past a certain point if your team sucks because you need a minimum score to unlock the next episode, though from what I've seen those tend to have an alternate way to progress, like play X song 5 times or whatever.

There's an event story going on now which is similar to the CGSS type of event where you get event items (feathers in this case) by playing songs then spend the items to attempt one of the event episodes. The difference is that instead of getting a flat amount of items per song, tapping notes in any song you play in will randomly drop the necessary item. It also has the same issue where it's straight up impossible to proceed because of minimum score requirements, but without the alternate way of unlocking like in the main storylines. Anyways, game is pretty cool, I could easily see playing both this and CGSS. Production values aren't as good as CGSS sadly, but I guess that's to be expected for a mobage based on a kid's show. Premium gacha drop rates are comparable to CGSS: 87.5% for Rs, 10.5% for SRs and 2% for PRs.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm sitting at 14.1K myself so yea, probably going to have to step it up a bit. Tempted to go for tier 3 this time, but even that's most likely going to be crazy.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The update where they added the ability to pick up puchis made it instant GOTY.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

OK, I lied. The minimal voice acting is hard, because kanji. Oh geez, there's a lot of spinning cards and flashy lights, and it's hard to take in for not-entirely-sober_Cantaloupe. Don't think I manage past the tutorial tornight. It's cute, though, and I'll likely play more.

It made me do a pull as part of the tutorial, and I got some short-haired blond girl (R) that I don't recognize, so she's either from after I stopped watching or she's invented for the game. Or I suppose I've simply forgotten her.

Probably Hinaki, she was one of the new ones in S3 (I stopped watching after S3E2 myself lol).

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

Man, I probably could've barely squeezed into the top 20k if I'd used more stamina drinks, also if I hadn't got a phone call half an hour before the event closed. I still got double Frederica anyway, so no huge loss.

Same, except I fell asleep lol.

New story commu and song for Mayu are up as well, pretty easy.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
when is the pripara mobage anyways

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also on the pull machine there's something that requires 60 Star Gem things instead of 250; what is that?

It's a discounted daily pull you can do, but it requires paid gems.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
lmao that's wild

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm so tempted to 10roll for SSR Nao, but I must resist, for the inevitable limited Kaede SSR.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

book posted:

I have a good feeling about the March limited, so I've been saving up. Going to be sitting on 4 10 rolls by that point.

Yea, it seems like a good guess based on the gacha release pattern to date, I have like 9k stored up myself.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

One of the missions give you this chick handing you a Green Ticket. What the hell is that?

Most likely it's a trainer ticket, you use it for exp when training idols.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I found that tweet I was talking about in the synctube lmao
https://twitter.com/yunamon/status/555267466176102400

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
From a couple weeks ago, but you just reminded me of it, heh

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Lol, the current threshold for tier 3 is 19.5K points, this is going to be a fun night.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There are some that just give you 100 hearts, though that might just be when you first get a normie.

Yea, that's just everyone's first commu, every one after that gives you 25 jewels.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Skwee posted:

So when will we know the results?

Later today, they're usually pretty quick about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm going to be extremely sad if I don't manage tier 3, considering how many stamina drinks I used lol. I made it up to 25.5k or something before going to sleep.