Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Monogatari?
This poll is closed.
Deishuu "Dilbert as gently caress" Kaiki 133 84.18%
Some other dope, who cares 25 15.82%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

Tempted to rewatch Monogatari since so many people seem to like it. Didn't get into it that much so I dropped it after snake or monkey girl, whichever came last. It also had that delay for the final episodes of Bakemono so I didn't feel like keeping up with it. Preoccupied with Utena at the moment though.

Utena is a good choice, at least

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

Its ost has been stuck in my head for the last few days and I'm not sure why.

That's because the music is real good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I will finish EO IV, eventually

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Never having played any pokemon... thats as shameful as never playing a zelda or a mario.

I think this means that being a Sega kid means you grew up unloved.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the wildest rear end posted:

Link doesn't talk

I'm gonna believe that this was a joke Bees was making

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That new One Punch Man trailer looks neat, though I will probably wait for the anime to finish its run before hitting it up.

Not only because it's a shonen thing but also because the sakuga crowd is getting hyped for that and the last few times I have followed that hype the quality took a gigantic nosedive after a few episodes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

dont u know? its seinen

Ah, I think I got confused since it runs in Viz's Shonen Jump thing

I stand by my other line of reasoning, though!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

My favorite robot is Goemon Impact.

That's a good one.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Goemon robot, has a good theme song.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

There's another version featuring the girl Impact in Goemon's Great Adventure but they took it out for the US release!

Those fuckers

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Don't worry, I will never have an OPM avatar.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am getting back into the EO IV groove.

It is a good groove to be in.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

no lns are worth reading. they either are written for dumb teens and read like it or rely so much on clever wordplay that just doesn't translate that it isn't worth it

Crowd-sourcing translations for a medium that is 100% words produces really lovely results all the time and I have no idea how the people in the light novel thread can stand it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The G Gundam watchin' better be followed up, with some Giant Robo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab bumping the Madoka thread made me check and I think Seafood's mod challenge made LJ stop posting altogether, haha

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

hyouka are real books at least (i think)

I believe that is the case, yeah

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

The optimal outcome of my getting reported by him a lot

He even stopped posting in other parts of the forums.

Maybe he had to make those overly long posts to stay alive :ohdear:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

I like light novels, and wish the people who fan translate them had access to a proof reader

As far as I could tell when looking into that stuff, the problem is less about access to that, and more that they believe editors to be glorified spell checkers??

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

fwiw i also heard the spice and wolf lns are good so its obvious there are exceptions, but i figure most aren't going to be good and if they are the people translating them aren't going to give us a translation worth reading

Spice and Wolf also has an official release so I assume they have a guy who tells them to make it read like something resembling the English language.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

When I say proof reader, I also mean editor. Someone who makes sentences flow in English based on what the translator creates

Yah I meant that too

I've heard stories about how in a lot of those groups the translators have the final say in how a line should be written, instead of the person who should be fixing it up.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Erg posted:

PatLabor Day

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

It makes a little sense because translators are a little rarer, but they should foster a culture where translators have to work with proof readers rather than worrying about sparing egos

Yeah

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Droyer posted:

Both of the anime he mentioned are real anime that exist, not just made up parody names.

Few remember Dangaioh outside of that line, but I do!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BcM31lohl0

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Same

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Budget Prefuse posted:

wheres k.flaps...he still needs to turn on his gatari av. oh no....what if someone killed k flaps

If he's dead his will states that I get the Karen av. It's what he would have wanted...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I really need to finish Galient one of these days...

I really wish its episode count was cut in half since there's a lot of battles that amount to little.

Does end p well though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bees you liked Giant Robo, so you will probably enjoy Shin Mazinger Z

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Make sure to get the blu-ray version, it is vital.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

All of Imagawa's robot shows are good but my tier list for his stuff is Giant Robo >>> Shin Mazinger > Tetsujin 28 > G Gundam

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If an anime gets cut short in a run that lasts a single season would that make it a cours light?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I apologize, for nothing.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

People in the One-Punch Man "Murata" thread talking about making a third One-Punch Man thread for the anime.

Yikes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Have them make it, but only in TVIV.

I can only imagine that a third thread is being considered because of spoiler reasons, so this would be perfect

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Pages upon pages of Dilbert.

They were some funny pages

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dude789 posted:

Was it in this thread or the last one? And can you tell me which page?

Should be near the end of the previous thread, since it was closed with the establishment of the Monogatari crew

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dude789 posted:

Last I saw Dilbert was giving katanas to pizza deliverers.

Now he gave away a tv to one

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Erg posted:

What WON'T he give away??

Someone will have to ask him this the next time he's on a drunkposting spree

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

80s/early 90s Oshii owned and I wish he would make some funny anime again

Although heck at this point I'd settle for any anime, at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I should rewatch Beautiful Dreamer....

• Locked thread