Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Sub Par posted:

Correct. Party and a few others immediately left the US market, but it was still super easy to deposit, withdraw, and play on FTP, Stars, and others until April 2011. Depositing got harder and harder as the years wore on, but it was never hard enough to keep the fish away. gently caress, I miss online poker.

I miss it as well. Now I'm stuck at brick and mortars with the same old guys slowplaying everything trying to hit the bad beat jackpot all day. I don't make nearly enough to justify the time there as opposed to 4-6 handing SnGs on my computer WHILE being at work.

As people have pointed out, I haven't figured out a way to make any real money on daily fantasy, so I basically play a bunch of big tournaments for silly fun and a hundred dollar 50/50 or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

For it being a weird, low scoring week, I did alright. It really helped me that Monday night football was low scoring since I didn't have anyone in it. Ended up getting 180% of my entry fees back across the three sites I played this week, which is pretty nice. Would be even nicer if I was actually playing with big money, but nice nonetheless. How'd everyone else do?

EDIT: I also totally called Randle sucking this week, which is the most important victory in my mind. He did fall into a TD, but was awful otherwise and didn't even hit 2x value.

I made ~225 or so on FanDuel this week; I'm floating around 150 around in $50/$25 tournaments and finishing in the money in a couple weekly. I don't expect it to be sustainable, so maybe I should just cash out while i'm ahead.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Sub Par posted:

I was really busy at work and took the week off of NFL DFS with the exception of a $0.25 last second homer-inspired Texans stack. Picked a great week to not play.

I was in Phoenix. Great week to be in a blocked state; because i would have gotten approximately 0.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The SituAsian posted:

I actually am curious about this. The sites have your state info on file and you have to click on that "I am not a resident of (blocked state)" before you enter a contest. Do they ip check you as well to make sure you're not logged on from a blocked state as well?

Yeah, they IP check you; even some of my proxies oddly didn't work. Checked PC and Phone. It was quite annoying Saturday when I wanted to enter my "perfect" lineups, then relieved on Monday.

Darko fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 4, 2015

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I would do Draft Kings over Fan Duel as well. I play larger stakes in general, so don't know about the smaller game choice, but getting rid of the stupid kicker variance, a slightly smaller rake (last I checked), and better game selection is preferable for me in general. Asking for my SS# to play more would put that choice over the top.

• Locked thread