Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Can't wait til you get to the wrap up of the witch hunter storyline, what s humdinger or a rivalry that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yeah I'm going to watch because I hate myself but i haven't found the teasers or intro to be nearly as intriguing as years past, and then Lady Gaga as the lead....

Actually my expectations are so low it will probably be great.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

lady gaga is talented and good

I don't have a problem with Lady Gaga necessarily. Lady Gaga as the lead, on a show being run by Ryan Murphy is the problem.

Maybe they won't do a single glee-like musical number and she'll have a great performance, but I certainly think I have good reason to be skeptical about it after last season and the ham fisted Stevie Nicks cameo from Coven.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Re: Asylum Aliens

Their inclusion was not the problem, only the resolution or lack there of.

Also when the power went out, and one was shown for a split second during a flash of lightning, I recall it being a bit more terrifying than the average grey but I could be wrong.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I didn't really care for it at all but for completely opposite reasons than I thought I wouldn't like it.

It's still very redeemable as long as they start to include some plot that isn't contrived, but random scenes of shock aren't gonna do it for me.

Spooky white gimp suit with the unicorn horn strap on raping the poo poo out of Kurt Cobain was by far the lamest thing in the episode, IMO.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ghosthotel posted:

I had to turn it off after the 3 minute rape scene including the line "The more you scream, the more he likes it".

How does anyone watch this poo poo

A rape scene in 3 straight premieres and 4 out 5 depending on how you feel about ghost rape.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Liked this episode a lot more than the first.

I was really hoping for no more drilldo though. Seems that will not be the case.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Scream Queens is pretty good. At least once per episode I find myself saying "This show is so god drat dumb" but with a huge smile on my face.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I didn't care for the first episode but have really enjoyed the last 2, even thought this one has some legit creepy moments which is something I haven't felt since Asylum.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I'm in the "this season is alright, and better than seasons 3 and 4" camp. Though as a necessary qualifier, still plenty of time to go to pot.

Also, rape ghosts official name is Drilldo. :colbert:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yeah I'm not really feeling the class full of child measles vamps.

The whole scene seemed like it was from a different show.

Still enjoying everything else though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Dugong posted:

I've watch the first 2 episodes, should I bother catching up with Hotel?

If you have to ask than probably not?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
As much as I loved Jessica Lange in the first 2 seasons I think a non-Lange centric story is one of the reasons I'm enjoying this.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This was not a good episode.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Chloe Sevigny is pretty awesome, actually.

Though her character in this is poo poo.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Rabe was awesome in her 8 minutes of screen time, but I think that's it for her this season so including her might be a bit misleading.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Mad Dragon posted:

After seeing Charlize Theron in Monster, no. Not really.

My wife loves real crime and has forced me to watch multiple Eileen Wournos docs. I'd say it was pretty good. Either way seems we agree Lily Rabe is not killing it this season!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Nuebot posted:

So I haven't watched since the serial killer party, did I miss anything especially cool? Did rapeghost rape again?

Rapeghost has gone the way of the infantata, it appears.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Please make Alexandra Daddario a series regular.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This is the third best season of American Horror Story but it's a far shot from "excellent", in my opinion.

If they can find a way to tie up all these loose ends in even an asylum-Esque disappointing manner I will be very surprised.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Calico Heart posted:

Is this season any good? I liked the first ep and if it's still good this far in I'll commit to it.

It's better than Coven and Freakshow. Beyond that, your mileage may vary.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The back half of this season is starting to become very Coven like with its dropped storylines and wrapping up a main story with the most obvious ending.

Dennis O'Hare and Evan Peters are still killing it though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Remember that one episode Angela Basset was in?

This show, even last season, has always had great acting, set design, cinematography, costuming, etc.

Plot is what has been missing and unfortunately still is. This is still the third best season of AHS, it's just not as close to the first 2 as it initially appeared (imo, obviously).

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

QuoProQuid posted:

The season is just below Murder House in terms of quality. Everyone except the detective is pretty solid.

I would continue.

It isn't getting better than the early episodes were, imo. Maybe try one more and if it still isn't for you don't bother.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

MadSparkle posted:

OK, I watched the trailer. Hmmm, not sure but I guess we'll find out.

On another note, how the hell did lady gaga manage to get a golden globe nomination ? even peters didn't and he has been phenomenal this season. same with o'hare.

It's pretty well accepted that Golden Globes can be bought and paid for.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Based on the time we got to see them spend together Liz is a stage 1 million clinger.

Can't imagine a world without that guy I had sex with that one time.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It might have all been worth it for that final shot.

And what do you mean it's not horror? They totally showed an ear kabob in a jar aren't you scared?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It's like every season of the show since S2 and even S2 is guilty of it a bit:

It starts strong, by the midpoint you're on the fence and then the last few episodes you're wondering how you fell for it AGAIN.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Why aren't Dandy and Alexandra Daddario haunting around the Hotel?

Or Sally's rockstar junkie friends?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yeah she's been fine and much better than I expected but she's not even top 5 on this show alone.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

somnambulist posted:

Really? I agree Peters is the best, but I'd say she is top 5. She did a great job as the countess, I'd probably rank them as 1. Peters 2. O'hare 3. Paulson 4. Gaga 5. Bates

I guess you have a point, she is probably top 5.

She definitely didn't deserve it over Kirsten Dunst though, she was amazing on Fargo.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It helps that they are both amazing actors, because Iris is a pretty lame character tbh.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

timp posted:

I thought this, too but remember season six will be AHS: CAMP

Isn't that Scream Queens?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I love Angela Bassett and it sucks they can't find a role for her. I really haven't enjoyed any of her characters and like others have said, that screen time would be better spent on Rabe or Paulson.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Tenzarin posted:

The horror is the plot.

So you're saying this season had no plot?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

timp posted:

So I guess Angela Basset's character didn't get killed by The Countess like we all assumed so uuuh what the gently caress was that scene all about?!

If you're not joking please cite your source.

It appears that it will be set in a Hospital and the Summer Camp was all rumor

Bummer because I think that setting works better with Scream Queens than AHS.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The ghost rules of AHS are literally whatever is convenient to the plot (in this season at least) and that they can roam free on Devils Night.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
But Alexandra Daddario and Punk Rawk Dandy were both killed in the Cortez and didn't come back because ummmm well you see.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Oh right. He was hiding because he was mad at her, rather than like, returning and killing the Countess.

More interesting ghost "rules".

• Locked thread