Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
According to the Steam Charts, the weekly playercount just for these past 2 days alone hasn't been this high since April 2013. http://steamcharts.com/app/17080#All

Pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Aaaand the servers are broken, you can't join games or even see anything in the server list. Even training mode is apparently kicking people out after a couple of minutes. This is after it was working fine for most of yesterday, and without the game itself being patched.

How can one company be so loving incompetent and still make money and be relatively successful? How are Hirez's engineers this bad? This is on top of all sorts of problems people are having actually installing and patching the game, because after 3 years they still can't code a proper launcher that doesn't poo poo itself inside out if you look at it wrong. Just downloading and patching Tribes, which has never been installed on this PC, not only didn't work but it also broke my installation of Smite.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I was just loving around in training mode for a while a little bit ago. I don't know what you're talking about. Though I can't see any servers either apparently right now.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

It really sucks thinking back to the fact that this game would have been perfect if it wasn't made by HiRez.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Macnult posted:

It really sucks thinking back to the fact that this game would have been perfect if it wasn't made by HiRez.

No it wouldn't have. Somebody else would have hosed it up just as well as HiRez has, although they might have continued to support it for longer.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Macnult posted:

Lots of devs could've hosed it up in design more than HiRez did.

Very few of them would just abandon it to cash in on MOBA they ended up pumping money into to keep it relevant.
:negative:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Give me global agenda 2

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Turn it over to supergiant, replace all the voices with Bastion's narrator.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
God, the shrike is so good now. It doesnt handle like a janky piece of poo poo.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

asterioth posted:

God, the shrike is so good now. It doesnt handle like a janky piece of poo poo.
No, it still does.

So hirez managed to bring back dry fire and dry jet bugs, and now there is a new dry swap bug. :hirez:

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
Installing this game was an interesting experience. A 4GB download on steam, then it spends the best part of an hour updating and installing other things.

The game's ok, but the class system isn't that interesting and the map design is pretty much non-existent. I was standing there looking around and had no idea where I was supposed to go, it wasn't clear where either team's base was. It's like 20 years of map design knowledge just passed the devs by.

Is there any point in using that rifle thing? You seem to get way more dps just using the assault rifle and not bothering to charge.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

pisshead posted:

Installing this game was an interesting experience. A 4GB download on steam, then it spends the best part of an hour updating and installing other things.

The game's ok, but the class system isn't that interesting and the map design is pretty much non-existent. I was standing there looking around and had no idea where I was supposed to go, it wasn't clear where either team's base was. It's like 20 years of map design knowledge just passed the devs by.

Is there any point in using that rifle thing? You seem to get way more dps just using the assault rifle and not bothering to charge.

There are icons that are always on the screen that point to both flags and both bases if you are facing the direction. A quick spin around if nothing is on your screen would show you where to go if lost.

The map design is generally uninspired but most of the map you'd never go to unless you were setting up a capping route. As for the weapons adn damage, they changed literally everything in this update so refer to this for what does what https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IAxQgXYbyr4E6TnQqHoLX5RtRmiP7k_s8V0tqrqkQCw/pubhtml

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
The Tribes community is alive and ripe with a certain lone crazyposter...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/3wq32o/fast_movers_a_tribes_ascend_montage/cxy683j

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Esports pros only, no casual filth playing games for fun here... VGS

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Horizontal Tree posted:

The Tribes community is alive and ripe with a certain lone crazyposter...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/3wq32o/fast_movers_a_tribes_ascend_montage/cxy683j

Holy crap.. that guy is totally nuts

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Yup. Its time for some afternoon Trobes. I've already gotten back in touch with a bunch of my old teammates, I'm having fun with this patch.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Games are just not worth playing if they're not completely catered to the spergiest 22-hours-of-play-a-day poopsockers that make up about 0.2% of the playerbase.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't even know what weapons are broken right now, if any, but i'm having way more fun with the heavy bolt launcher than i thought i would. the arc on the shot feels good.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

My favorite thing now is mortar airmails. There should be a special badge just for that so everybody knows at the end of the match.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Playing tribes again for fun

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Holy crap.. that guy is totally nuts

That's Dare. He's so cute.

Rynex fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 14, 2015

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Is there any reason to use jump/ski or am I fine with just having the ski bind?

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Macnult posted:

Is there any reason to use jump/ski or am I fine with just having the ski bind?

use jump ski. Gets you off the ground faster and is better for small hops since it uses less energy.

edit: ignore this

Nondescript Van fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 15, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Nondescript Van posted:

use jump ski. Gets you off the ground faster and is better for small hops since it uses less energy.
You can also use jump/jet.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

yeah I should learn how to read.

haejajaekjak
Mar 25, 2015

by Cowcaster
dunno whats more pathetic, the group of gbs losers trying to vote rig their way into competitive esports on /r/Tribes or the fact that i got a shitload of stalkers from writing a post about player league regulation and unions.

im not going to play a game that rewards casuals that have to vote rigg reddit to feel good while the game population stays uncompetitive and dead neither are any real e-sports organizations or former pros, or current pros with agents, as has been publicly stated.

i realize there are a lot of hurt egos, money on the table, success and failure, possibly firings,

idc about any of this though

the co-founder of hirez contacted me about game ideas and the last bunch of employees they had all lied about their credentials and pedigree of "tribes pro best ever for 12 years" status, HiRezAPC, and some game testers etc.

the quake: ascend prefab physics they provide are a good competitive start but it needs a lot more tweaking

im glad they're reaching out to the historical pros more though like 5150, tribes 1 LT, natural, etc, and won't be surprised if one of my friends ends up with some streamer/game design or talk show type gig

we still have the best/most beautiful tribes playing womyn around Br0n who will come to this t:a game and kick every scrubs butt on stream 4 cash :"-)
she grew up with 4 older brothers who all played competitive tribes for 15 years and has played since she was less than 10

her brother is now a sportscaster

esports is business i do not enjoy partaking in and wish to deal with briefly. but t:a is most likely not going to take off without major reworks even if casuals or t2 pubbies enjoy it.

circle jerking each other isnt going to change this

<2 *hugs and kiss* every1 $$ dare :-)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What the gently caress did I just read.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

AndyElusive posted:

What the gently caress did I just read.

the final, frenzied blossom of thoughts from a scattered mind that just had the plug pulled

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

This dude can't be real.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
that's some next level poo poo

haejajaekjak
Mar 25, 2015

by Cowcaster

Izam
Jun 6, 2005
Moving away from asinine to awesome here is a stellar montage to get yourself hyped for more Tribes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBfV55tDQo

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

The new patch is a definite improvement. Despite balance issues and bugs, any Tribes is better than none at all IMO.

Used some of my refunded gold to buy the T2 Bioderm Predator voice pack.

'Woo-woo - the glory is mine!'

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Izam posted:

Moving away from asinine to awesome here is a stellar montage to get yourself hyped for more Tribes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBfV55tDQo

Rock Routes still work?! what in the gently caress

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Love Stole the Day posted:

Rock Routes still work?! what in the gently caress

Video is old. It's showing those slight variant color scheme disc launchers and mortars that were removed in the new version.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

haejajaekjak posted:

dunno whats more pathetic, the group of gbs losers trying to vote rig their way into competitive esports on /r/Tribes or the fact that i got a shitload of stalkers from writing a post about player league regulation and unions.

For the record Dare, I haven't downvoted you or done any kind of vote rigging against you, and can safely say that no one else here has done it. No one here really cares enough to go out there way and disrupt your point of view despite how hosed up it comes across when you preach it. I was genuinely all for helping with getting an LT server for T:A and having fun with it. poo poo, I have enough gold for it thanks to the refund, I could easily host it for 90 days.

Redirect your anger at other miscreants who dare to tarnish your good name, instead of the good people on here.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Hey everybody lets play reflex fps it's just like unreal tournament except it's $10, is in a lazy blocky style, and is early access. People love that kind of thing.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Reflex is actually pretty good. I certainly enjoyed it and it seems to have connected well with the Quake 3 Pro crowd.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Coldbird posted:

Video is old. It's showing those slight variant color scheme disc launchers and mortars that were removed in the new version.

Rock routes still work though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Patch is good, for me the problem will be to get new people to start playing the game to begin with. "Hi-Rez patched Tribes? THAT Hi-Rez? After how many years? I'm sure they'll keep supporting their game and listen to the wishes of the communithahaha"

• Locked thread