Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Post about how Bill Belichick outfoxed and outmaneuvered the league for the last 15 years as his will to win overcame the neanderthal coaching habits of those around him:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Mike McCoy is a coach

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Kalli posted:

Post about how Bill Belichick outfoxed and outmaneuvered the league for the last 15 years as his will to win overcame the neanderthal coaching habits of those around him:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Who's "we" NFL fan?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

BB is cool and good and better than your lovely coach qtiyd

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ugh guess I have to win another thread

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ross Angeles posted:

Mike McCoy is a coach

He must be like the San Diego weather after Norv.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

WugLyfe posted:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The big takeaway: Patriots fans should want Goodell as commissioner for life.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BB is kind of a dick bag but he owns and I wish he was my team's coach

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Just lol if you don't see the timing of this as telling of the NFL front office coming down on ESPN to get ahead of the bad press.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

WugLyfe posted:

Nah, my coach is better. Twice.

Also hot takes are being rained down upon the earth like lighting bolts from Zeus himself.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

quote:

Witnesses would later say Kraft's remarks were heartfelt, his demeanor chastened. For a moment, he seemed to well up.

Then the Patriots' coach, Bill Belichick, the cheating program's mastermind, spoke.

lol

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

davecrazy posted:

hot takes are being rained down upon the earth like lighting bolts from Zeus himself.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons

hahaha holy poo poo it's just a game BS.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WugLyfe posted:

hahaha holy poo poo it's just a game BS.

Huh, maybe twitter is the one format where Bill Simmons is cool and good.

Probably not, but he's doing the lord's work right now.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Belicheck was a pretty loving mediocre coach before he started cheating.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
BB is genuinely cool as hell Tom Brady is the one I hate

Its gonna own when Brady gets old and BB soullessly tosses him aside like garbage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Belicheck was a pretty loving mediocre coach before he started cheating.

So he got smarter

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

He's wrong about the colts, tho.

They still can't win because they never addressed their biggest problem: the Dline

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I support Bill Belichick's efforts to exploit the corrupt and incompetent NFL, I'm just disappointed that he chose the Patriots as his avatar of destruction.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

BB is genuinely cool as hell Tom Brady is the one I hate

Its gonna own when Brady gets old and BB soullessly tosses him aside like garbage

I will cry and be sad, but also really happy when he goes to the Texans and wins the Superbowl immediately.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

I will cry and be sad, but also really happy when he goes to the Texans and wins the Superbowl immediately.

I think I could live with that.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ross Angeles posted:

So he got smarter

No he got desperate.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Its gonna own when New England loses the improbable luck that lead to the BB/Brady combination and goes back to being a perennial underperformer again

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

This really needs to come in red/white/blue.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like, Boston fans have had a good decade in baseball and football after being a joke for half a century and its gonna be awesome when they realize their entire success was a statistical aberration and they go back to being sad brain cavemen shitheads.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I am so eager to move out of this goddamn city before that happens.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Eli Manning knew this whole time

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, Boston fans have had a good decade in baseball and football after being a joke for half a century and its gonna be awesome when they realize their entire success was a statistical aberration and they go back to being sad brain cavemen shitheads.

This kind of happened to Pittsburgh for like twenty years in the 80's and 90's, so glass houses and all that.

Luckily it's all swung back around to being awesome again the past ten years, thus solidifying the team as the best in history forever :chord:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sports Illustrated is piling on a bit: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/08/patriots-cheating-suspicions-bill-belichick-tom-brady?xid=si_social

quote:

Home teams are supposed to provide certain communications equipment, but opponents often don’t trust the Patriots to do it. One team griped to SI that New England supplied a corroded battery pack. Another current head coach brings his own equipment because he doesn’t trust the Patriots to supply anything of quality. A representative of a third team says the Pats provided headset gear that looked “like it had been run over by a lawn mower. Frayed wires, the speaker is all chopped up. . . .” James says that it is league policy for all headset batteries to be changed 30 minutes before a game, and that the team has “always complied with that.” He adds, “We’ve never been cited by the league for doing anything wrong as it pertains to communication device violations.”

Another team executive says, “Anybody who has gone in there in the last five years will tell you some sort of problem or snag they never hit any other place. They are the worst hosts in football.”

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Poonerman posted:

Eli Manning knew this whole time

There is no signal to steal for when Eli goes :pwn: on you.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blarfk posted:

Luckily it's all swung back around to being awesome again the past ten years, thus solidifying the team as the best in history forever :chord:

Lance Armstrong probably thought the same thing about his Tour de France victories :wicked:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Haha. And SportsIllustrated with the fantastic timing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I don't buy the SI story

If Belichick was gonna cheat with communications equipment he would give them perfectly functioning equipment that he knew the frequency for.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If the tuck rule never existed this lovely dynasty doesn't either.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Harlock posted:

If the tuck rule never existed this lovely dynasty doesn't either.

Yeah but the Raiders getting screwed was karmic justice

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.
The NFL is like Game of Thrones, the Patriots are the Lannisters, and they keep winning while everyone is just as bad, but just more incompetent, plus Tywin was the best on the show anyway and you knew you were rooting for him. :cool:

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

quote:

After the meeting with Specter, Goodell told reporters he had no regrets about his decision to destroy the evidence.

"I think it was the right thing to do," he said. "I have nothing to hide."

jfc gently caress Goodell

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The one takeaway everyone can agree on from all this is that Goodell is literally The Worst.

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.

sean10mm posted:

The one takeaway everyone can agree on from all this is that Goodell is literally The Worst.

Roger Goodell is karma's answer to us all questioning how there could ever be a worse sports commissioner than Gary Bettman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Cav posted:

The NFL is like Game of Thrones, the Patriots are the Lannisters, and they keep winning while everyone is just as bad, but just more incompetent, plus Tywin was the best on the show anyway and you knew you were rooting for him. :cool:

I'm Cersei

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Know what's the cool thing though? No matter what, most of us here had the Patriots be the best team during the primes of our lives, teenagers and twenties, when you can really enjoy it. It's like God personally blessed me. It's really something special my friend.

• Locked thread