Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Cool, he got my messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I'm going to gently caress you up mate

I agree let's go have some drinks to discuss this topic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As my father would say

...Oh foldes clack?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Boomer Esiason said on ESPN radio today that John Harbaugh and "his buddy" Chuck Pagano are responsible for the poo poo storm coming down on Brady due to Harbaugh's "vendetta" over the formation tomfoolery in the divisional round last year lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh Golden Clark

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Boomer Esiason said on ESPN radio today that John Harbaugh and "his buddy" Chuck Pagano are responsible for the poo poo storm coming down on Brady due to Harbaugh's "vendetta" over the formation tomfoolery in the divisional round last year lol

Speaking of, the Patriots' eligible offensive linemen plays were called "Baltimore" and "Ravens".

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

Speaking of, the Patriots' eligible offensive linemen plays were called "Baltimore" and "Ravens".

It's confusing for me when the Pats and Ravens play since I only very slightly hate the Patriots more than the Ravens, and only the Ravens seem to give them trouble in Foxborough. Making John Harbaugh mad is very cool though. It's all so conflicting.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'll be honest, I'm jelly of fans of AFC-East teams not named the Patriots. I wish I could just dismiss all of the Packer's success to them being cheating bastards. :smith:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Shimrra:Journalism :: Baptists:Evolution

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

TubeStank posted:

I agree let's go have some drinks to discuss this topic.

Next time I'm in Chicago or you're in Boston my man :cheers:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
One of the letters Berman released is in Comic Sans lol

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

One of the letters Berman released is in Comic Sans lol

The fancy man's font

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

As my father would say

...Oh foldes clack?

One of the internet lawyers just figured it out.

"As my father would say: Oh balder dash"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

E: Oh, my friend is an idiot. Went and read the pieces again. They edited Reiss's analysis of the article, removing things that they edited into his submitted article after he yelled at them publicly on twitter.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 10, 2015

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalli posted:

ESPN quietly edited their hitpiece to remove the claims the Pats attempted to sneak into visitor's locker rooms or ever try to steal playsheets.

:lol:

what the gently caress :psyduck:

gotta hand it to him, shimmara was right

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

evilweasel posted:

Yeah this isn't accurate.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah, the ESPN shenanigans involve rewriting an article about the spygate article, not the article itself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/09/espn-gives-tighter-edit-to-column-criticizing-espns-patriots-opus/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, the ESPN shenanigans involve rewriting an article about the spygate article, not the article itself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/09/espn-gives-tighter-edit-to-column-criticizing-espns-patriots-opus/

oh welp, nevermind then!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sean10mm posted:

If you want proof that this is being run into the ground, this is an article about an article about an article.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

quote:

So….the article had 90 sources for the story but 88 were unnamed? Why don’t these sources go on record? Because if they are on record they can be challenged for their truthfulness that’s why. Anyone who buys into what ESPN is selling is an idiot. It’s all about selling the controversy

It will shock you to know this comment comes from a man named PatsFan14

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The last two sentences are 100% true though. If you can't admit that now then you can't ever admit it I'll be watching

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

The last two sentences are 100% true though. If you can't admit that now then you can't ever admit it I'll be watching

If it were the usual gently caress monkeys at ESPN and not a Peabody Award winning program featuring an article by a pulitzer prize winning journalist I would agree.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

evilweasel posted:

Not yet, but soon. :unsmigghh:

Anyway Reiss really needs to leave ESPN. He's getting hosed over there. Zolak said per sources that he's been reprimanded twice in the last some odd weeks for going off script. Whether thats true or not is unknown. What is factually true is that ESPN has covertly edited two of his articles within the past week to either remove something or add something he never said. This was confirmed by Reiss on twitter when someone brought it to his attention.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 10, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not yet, but soon. :unsmigghh:

Bro, you could say gravity exists and poo poo would start floating

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bro, you could say gravity exists and poo poo would start floating

Thankfully I use my power for good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I agree one hundred percent but the argument of "if they weren't lying they'd be willing to give their names" is brutally stupid

The author of the article is a legitimate journey

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 10, 2015

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I agree one hundred percent but the argument of "if they weren't lying they'd be willing to give their names" is brutally stupid

The author of the article is a legitimate journey

Is journey the slang name for journalist? When did that happen? Is that a industry thing?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Probably just an autocorrect from "journo."

Crazy's 100% right, though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

WugLyfe posted:

Probably just an autocorrect from "journo."

Crazy's 100% right, though.

Correct. Phone posting.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bump

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682

quote:

Reports emerged while the game was still ongoing that pointed to a “grounding issue.” That makes sense when considering the NFL’s “power infrastructure” statement, but it doesn’t make sense given what we know about the NFL’s wireless communication technology.

The NFL switched to using Bose noise-reducing headsets for coaches when that company paid to be an official league sponsor in August, 2014; this Patriots.com article suggests the communication system runs on Microsoft software—presumably since that company became the league’s official technology sponsor in 2013. The league had previously switched to using digital, not analog, communications tech in 2012. This NFL Ops blog post suggests that the league deals with severe bandwidth issues on game days, even employing radio-frequency traffic cops to manage and ban intruders who might interfere with crucial coach-to-coach or coach-to-player links. (The NFL has pled to the FCC on multiple occasions for protection of existing channels for wireless audio communications.) And the NFL also claims it has 268 million military-grade encryption codes to secure all these communication channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think we can safely discuss things in N/V now

• Locked thread