Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How does he reply with a song....does he sing it himself, or just play it every time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
To recap: Spygate was actually a huge operation of evil, complete with a huge vault of tapes and poo poo. Not only does Goodell cover up the scale of it and give the Pats a light punishment, HE HAS ALL THE EVIDENCE DESTROYED so there is really no way to seriously revisit the issue ever! Also, there is really no way Goodell can reverse himself on this even if he wants to because he literally made himself an accessory after the fact!

Then, to "make up for it" he goes bananas over alleged ball softening, botches the whole thing in every way possible, and a federal judge tells him to get hosed.

Oh, Roger. :allears:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 8, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Disband the Patriots, send each of their players to the team that has the most former Patriots at their same position

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

axeil posted:

Do it Goodell...go NCAA on the Pats. Put *s everywhere. Vacate their records. Make Bill Simmons literally break down sobbing during his podcast. Hold a special on ESPN where you meltdown the Pats Super Bowl rings in the Hall of Fame while cackling.

I am so hard right now

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

WugLyfe posted:

Yeah, I found that to be pretty interesting too. I wonder what's gonna happen to try to get a handle on it all, because if all that stuff really happened, there's a ton of poo poo goin' bananas that just doesn't go away.

Gun to my head, I'd say it's more likely to be a rival group of owners than Goodell, but it'd be one hell of a way to spite Kraft. It also leads me to believe that Goodell may not last past the end of the 2015 season as commissioner.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CortezFantastic posted:

I am so hard right now

Too bad Goodell himself is complicit in the cover-up of all the juicy Spygate stuff, to the point where he himself ordered the evidence destroyed, AND he just botched the Ballghazi thing to the point where a federal judge who ruled for upholding punishments in 66 of 68 previous cases told him to go die in a grease fire.

Whoopsie! :laugh:

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

So let me get this straight, the patriots are cheaters and roger goodell is an rear end in a top hat. I am shocked at these revelations!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Every single other NFL team's fans, and more importantly every other NFL team's front office, would figuratively and in some cases literally set their head coaches on fire for the chance to hire Bill Belichick.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Malloreon posted:

Every single other NFL team's fans, and more importantly every other NFL team's front office, would figuratively and in some cases literally set their head coaches on fire for the chance to hire Bill Belichick.
Jets already hired him twice. He can go gently caress himself.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

sean10mm posted:

Too bad Goodell himself is complicit in the cover-up of all the juicy Spygate stuff, to the point where he himself ordered the evidence destroyed, AND he just botched the Ballghazi thing to the point where a federal judge who ruled for upholding punishments in 66 of 68 previous cases told him to go die in a grease fire.

I have no idea what the fallout of all of this is going to be. I assume that Goodell leaked this despite it making him look bad because the main narrative coming out of this is PATRIOTS CHEAT, which has been the narrative for the last year. He seems pretty arrogant, so he probably thinks he is teflon at this point. This could get pretty crazy if the pressure is right. Anything is possible and I love it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ozu posted:

Jets already hired him twice. He can go gently caress himself.
to be fair he took a look at the jets organization and realized he'd set himself on fire to get out if need be

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i hope miami somehow sweeps them this year and they get their comeuppan bahahaha, sorry

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pats fans in total neglect that the article was about how Goodell is being paid off by Kraft and covered up for him for years and the Brady suspension being about saving face with the other owners more than anything. Makes you wonder why the thing got botched so badly. Wouldn't be so funny breaking every ounce of sportsmanship and integrity in the sport just to win if there was a comm who wasn't being paid off on your own side throughout the decade of being terrible human beings.

Just like Colin Campbell never had any bias with Bruins players beating up the entire league while making scape-goats out of smaller market teams that are doing well for transparency.

It's okay they can still buy a baseball team.

Boston is really a city for winners.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Gun to my head, I'd say it's more likely to be a rival group of owners than Goodell, but it'd be one hell of a way to spite Kraft. It also leads me to believe that Goodell may not last past the end of the 2015 season as commissioner.

Well, he's at least losing his disciplinary powers, and that might help the owners reconcile his ability to earn mad dollars. I think it's probably for the best, but I hate his guts. I wonder if it's enough if a black eye for the league though. We'll see!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i hope miami somehow sweeps them this year and they get their comeuppan bahahaha, sorry

More likely than u think

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

brb selling the TV option rights to TNT.

I would legit watch a spy show Ike MI5 but it's about NFL espionage

Intruder posted:

Disband the Patriots, send each of their players to the team that has the most former Patriots at their same position

Rutgers wins NCAA championship

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

JollyPubJerk posted:

Boston is really a city for winners.

Well it's hard to argue with results, if you are any corrupt oversight committee involved in investigating those results for wrongdoing in professional sports at least.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Somebody mail TO a suberbowl ring.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sean10mm posted:

no one but patriots homers care about goodell's complicity in this beyond the inherent unfairness in his favoring that organization hth

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

no one but patriots homers care about goodell's complicity in this beyond the inherent unfairness in his favoring that organization hth

actually i think you'll find that non-patriots homers care about goodell's complicity because his hilarious incompetence cost them the scalp of one thomas brady

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

evilweasel posted:

actually i think you'll find that non-patriots homers care about goodell's complicity because his hilarious incompetence cost them the scalp of one thomas brady

just gonna act on a hunch here, and say that you probably don't find any of this funny judging by the change in tone of your posts ranging from full on sincerity in the well's thread to this newfound haha everything is hilarious

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Phew we are seeing people fall on swords for low level practice squad-ers and cheating over a decade old?

TFF for shame

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

WugLyfe posted:

More likely than u think

I love Miami so I hope they do.

anyway on another note, bill simmons is a child. his team wins super bowls and he still cries like a baby because people who are fans of other teams have the audacity to hate them.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

He's a fun heel to hate on, so in a way I guess he satisfies a demand for a media dude to rip on.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Bill Belichick is a loving genius. Calling him a cheater is according far too much dignity to cheaters by association with him. If this poo poo is really so widely known throughout the league, there's no doubt in my mind that every single team does the same stuff. They just aren't as good at it because you can't compete with Billy Fiveaces.

If Goodell really did leak this, he misjudged because all I've been reading and hearing all day is how he obstructed a congressional investigation and covered up so much cheating. I'm not 100% caught up on this thread so this may have been covered, but with the Spygate poo poo - can't Goodell be fired for cause, now?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are starting to speak.

quote:

frank garcia @frankgarcia65
@Kroeger we had several plays that we specifically put in for that game that we had never run and they knew exactly what the play was

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

indigi posted:

Bill Belichick is a loving genius. Calling him a cheater is according far too much dignity to cheaters by association with him. If this poo poo is really so widely known throughout the league, there's no doubt in my mind that every single team does the same stuff. They just aren't as good at it because you can't compete with Billy Fiveaces.

If Goodell really did leak this, he misjudged because all I've been reading and hearing all day is how he obstructed a congressional investigation and covered up so much cheating. I'm not 100% caught up on this thread so this may have been covered, but with the Spygate poo poo - can't Goodell be fired for cause, now?

who exactly is gonna fire goodell

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

just gonna act on a hunch here, and say that you probably don't find any of this funny judging by the change in tone of your posts ranging from full on sincerity in the well's thread to this newfound haha everything is hilarious

why would i not find this hilarious, brady is free and none of this can change that

the wells stuff was neat as hell since im a lawyer and found all the legal hulabaloo interesting and (correctly) thought brady had a solid shot to win. i also think that there's a decent chance the nfl got it wrong on brady and all this actually sort of supports that - the articles are all about how bill secretly cheats with a very narrow circle of trust, so it would be odd for brady to be running his own entirely seperate cheating thing that bill (according to the nfl) had no knowledge of

but all this, all this is basically "hahaha the patriots cheated for years and got away with it" and not only that but nuggets like bill having airport spies, it owns

i don't know what dumb thing you said in d&d that i slammed to make you so bitter and constantly bringing it up but this is football, relax about it dude

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

indigi posted:

i would not put it past goodell to leak all this stuff in a fit because his ego got hurt, but I cannot see him leaking it and espn getting all of the confirmation they say they got that quickly

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

indigi posted:

Mmmm, sending some kid to steal play sheets from the visitors' locker room. True genius.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I mean, you can just easily conjecture that it's one or more of the owners who supposedly pushed Goodell into coming down so hard on Brady, as this story is flattering to neither Goodell, nor the Patriots. That seems more likely than Goodell releasing something embarrassing about himself

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Honestly it's loving funny that someone went that far to win at football.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lord Bill isn't your run of the mill cheater. He made staff turn their Patriots t-shirts inside out before they spied on opponents. Truly a visionary.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

evilweasel posted:

why would i not find this hilarious, brady is free and none of this can change that

the wells stuff was neat as hell since im a lawyer and found all the legal hulabaloo interesting and (correctly) thought brady had a solid shot to win. i also think that there's a decent chance the nfl got it wrong on brady and all this actually sort of supports that - the articles are all about how bill secretly cheats with a very narrow circle of trust, so it would be odd for brady to be running his own entirely seperate cheating thing that bill (according to the nfl) had no knowledge of

but all this, all this is basically "hahaha the patriots cheated for years and got away with it" and not only that but nuggets like bill having airport spies, it owns

i don't know what dumb thing you said in d&d that i slammed to make you so bitter and constantly bringing it up but this is football, relax about it dude

ok

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Burger Trench posted:

Mmmm, sending some kid to steal play sheets from the visitors' locker room. True genius.

even a master painter paints the sky blue

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

evilweasel posted:

the articles are all about how bill secretly cheats with a very narrow circle of trust, so it would be odd for brady to be running his own entirely seperate cheating thing that bill (according to the nfl) had no knowledge of

why exactly did bill not know?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, I'm not saying I believe this stuff at this point (somehow the literal theft of playbooks didn't come up once until right now a decade later when the league has a bone to pick with the Patriots, seems a little odd to me), but I thought about it and honestly I don't really care about poo poo that's a decade old by now :shrug:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
wait you actually hadn't heard of the playbook thing until now?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TubeStank posted:

wait you actually hadn't heard of the playbook thing until now?

No, and the first article I read about it was basically a thousand words of a sports journalist making GBS threads himself over the revelation and how big a deal it is if true

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

evilweasel posted:

even a master painter paints the sky blue

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I bet Belichick would vote for Trump too. He's that despicable.

• Locked thread