Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

BB is cool and good and better than your lovely coach qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

davecrazy posted:

hot takes are being rained down upon the earth like lighting bolts from Zeus himself.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons

hahaha holy poo poo it's just a game BS.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

He's wrong about the colts, tho.

They still can't win because they never addressed their biggest problem: the Dline

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

I will cry and be sad, but also really happy when he goes to the Texans and wins the Superbowl immediately.

I think I could live with that.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

This really needs to come in red/white/blue.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I am so eager to move out of this goddamn city before that happens.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I honestly thought it was impossible for me to like Bill Belichick more but here we are

I am so goddamned amped for the season :allears:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rogue Elephant posted:

Why the hell is everyone bitching about stuff like this while not treating the Pats the same way is what I want to know

Because they're weak.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

Leave it to the jocks to whine when someone gains an advantage via homework

:lol:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"per sources" is the journalistic partner of "im just asking questions"

Can confirm

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

By that logic Watergate wasn't a thing

Oh please, it was a complete frame job on Nixon. Fuckin' Democrats got a hate boner for the best president of all time and trumped up charges to level the playing field. Sore losers.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

For me, the most interesting part of this whole process is that Sports Illustrated, and particularly ESPN, organizations that have been more than willing to carry the NFL's water in the past, have to be publishing these stories and operating with either the support of several owners, Goodell himself, or both. These stories are scathing indictments that call the league's fairness into question, and they'd never be published by these sources otherwise. The timing of the SI article is no coincidence.

You put a fake play script in there because even in a "sting" operation you don't get justice until after the game and you don't want to watch your team's scripted plays get hosed while you wait for justice that occurs weeks later and doesn't change the game's outcome. That's before you consider any other mitigating factors, like being black-balled by the league or an organization.

Yeah, I found that to be pretty interesting too. I wonder what's gonna happen to try to get a handle on it all, because if all that stuff really happened, there's a ton of poo poo goin' bananas that just doesn't go away.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Alternatively: loosen restrictions on espionage, and have a weekly publication about which teams did what.

More views, more clicks, more ads, more money for the league, more poo poo to talk about during the game.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Madcosby posted:

I think an NFL full fledged espionage division would be awesome. Like you could secretly pay a player to feed you information to your team but then find out three years later he was a double agent. You're allowed to spy and break-in and whatnot but when you get caught in a sting operation (or Mangini'ed, as it's called) you have to forfeit like a million dollars to ISIS

Honestly, I'd probably consume more NFL media if this happened.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Gun to my head, I'd say it's more likely to be a rival group of owners than Goodell, but it'd be one hell of a way to spite Kraft. It also leads me to believe that Goodell may not last past the end of the 2015 season as commissioner.

Well, he's at least losing his disciplinary powers, and that might help the owners reconcile his ability to earn mad dollars. I think it's probably for the best, but I hate his guts. I wonder if it's enough if a black eye for the league though. We'll see!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i hope miami somehow sweeps them this year and they get their comeuppan bahahaha, sorry

More likely than u think

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

He's a fun heel to hate on, so in a way I guess he satisfies a demand for a media dude to rip on.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Honestly it's loving funny that someone went that far to win at football.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

In a way, isn't everything the jets' fault?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Madcosby posted:

Not according to Pete Carroll

:thurman:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Liking Trump didn't even make sense for a NE fan. Motherfucker we have a candidate this time. Show a little pride, yeah?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

If a friend sends you a gift are you just gonna throw it away?

If it's Trump memorabilia, yes.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

One of the letters Berman released is in Comic Sans lol

The fancy man's font

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Probably just an autocorrect from "journo."

Crazy's 100% right, though.