Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

Admirers and critics agree: Belichick will walk 10 miles to gain an inch on his opponent. For example, every Friday teams must announce which injured players are doubtful, questionable or probable to play that Sunday. Teams usually take 53 players to the game and announce, 90 minutes before kickoff, which seven are inactive. But sometimes, at Saturday-night meetings, Belichick tells his staff which players on the opposing team were not on the flight to New England, a source with knowledge of the meetings tells SI. It’s not clear how Belichick knows. But he does.

ahahaha bill puts spies in airports to gain 12 hours of info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the best part of the SI article is how they point out everyone is so loving paranoid of what the patriots might be doing that they waste a ton of time and attention guarding against it, meaning even the cheating Bill's not doing gives the patriots an advantage

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Oh hey guys, remember last week that the Pats were vindicated lol

they were

that's what owns so hard about this

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i am actually curious if there is a rule that bans stealing play sheets

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

there's times not to trust a newspaper that won't reveal its sources but this isn't it, there's no plausible reason espn would be lying here

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ozu posted:

Jets already hired him twice. He can go gently caress himself.
to be fair he took a look at the jets organization and realized he'd set himself on fire to get out if need be

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

no one but patriots homers care about goodell's complicity in this beyond the inherent unfairness in his favoring that organization hth

actually i think you'll find that non-patriots homers care about goodell's complicity because his hilarious incompetence cost them the scalp of one thomas brady

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

just gonna act on a hunch here, and say that you probably don't find any of this funny judging by the change in tone of your posts ranging from full on sincerity in the well's thread to this newfound haha everything is hilarious

why would i not find this hilarious, brady is free and none of this can change that

the wells stuff was neat as hell since im a lawyer and found all the legal hulabaloo interesting and (correctly) thought brady had a solid shot to win. i also think that there's a decent chance the nfl got it wrong on brady and all this actually sort of supports that - the articles are all about how bill secretly cheats with a very narrow circle of trust, so it would be odd for brady to be running his own entirely seperate cheating thing that bill (according to the nfl) had no knowledge of

but all this, all this is basically "hahaha the patriots cheated for years and got away with it" and not only that but nuggets like bill having airport spies, it owns

i don't know what dumb thing you said in d&d that i slammed to make you so bitter and constantly bringing it up but this is football, relax about it dude

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

indigi posted:

If Goodell really did leak this, he misjudged because all I've been reading and hearing all day is how he obstructed a congressional investigation and covered up so much cheating. I'm not 100% caught up on this thread so this may have been covered, but with the Spygate poo poo - can't Goodell be fired for cause, now?

i would not put it past goodell to leak all this stuff in a fit because his ego got hurt, but I cannot see him leaking it and espn getting all of the confirmation they say they got that quickly

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Burger Trench posted:

Mmmm, sending some kid to steal play sheets from the visitors' locker room. True genius.

even a master painter paints the sky blue

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

uh oh pancho! posted:

why exactly did bill not know?

the wells report concluded belichick had no knowledge of any football deflating shenanigans that may have occured - essentially that it was just brady and the equipment guys

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

espn figured out belichick's secret brilliant method to figure out who didn't travel to a game: reading the injury report that requires it to be disclosed

quote:

2. The Patriots aren't just in opponents' heads; they are in reporters' heads, too. That was the thought that came to mind when reading the Sports Illustrated piece about how opponents have suspicions about New England -- specifically the section that details how Belichick talks to his staff members on Saturday nights about which players from the opposing team didn't travel to a game at New England ("It’s not clear how Belichick knows ... but he does ... this gives the Patriots a few extra hours to adjust to any roster changes ... others wonder how much of an advantage such knowledge really provides ... it’s quintessential Belichick.) Well, the reason Belichick knows is because it's part of the league's injury-reporting policy. If a player isn't on the flight to a road game, he must be downgraded to out on the injury report because he's physically not with the team. The reason we know this is that the Patriots once had that issue with Richard Seymour in the 2000s and faced repercussions from it. For Patriots beat reporters, that word usually comes down at 8 p.m. ET on Saturdays, and we're conditioned to be available at that time to report any downgraded players.

thats way less cool than bribing airport employees :smith:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalli posted:

ESPN quietly edited their hitpiece to remove the claims the Pats attempted to sneak into visitor's locker rooms or ever try to steal playsheets.

:lol:

what the gently caress :psyduck:

gotta hand it to him, shimmara was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, the ESPN shenanigans involve rewriting an article about the spygate article, not the article itself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/09/espn-gives-tighter-edit-to-column-criticizing-espns-patriots-opus/

oh welp, nevermind then!

• Locked thread