Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
BB is the dirtiest player in the game and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

quote:

The narrative that paralleled the Patriots' rise -- a team mostly void of superstars, built not to blow out opponents but to win the game's handful of decisive plays -- only increased rivals' suspicions. After all, the Patriots had won three Super Bowls by a total of nine points. Although Belichick admitted to Kraft that the taping had helped them only 1 percent of the time ("Then you're a real schmuck," Kraft told him), the spying very well could have affected a game, opponents say. "Why would they go to such great lengths for so long to do it and hide it if it didn't work?" a longtime former executive says. "It made no sense."

This is a real missed gem from that article

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

axeil posted:

Do it Goodell...go NCAA on the Pats. Put *s everywhere. Vacate their records. Make Bill Simmons literally break down sobbing during his podcast. Hold a special on ESPN where you meltdown the Pats Super Bowl rings in the Hall of Fame while cackling.

I am so hard right now

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

sean10mm posted:

Too bad Goodell himself is complicit in the cover-up of all the juicy Spygate stuff, to the point where he himself ordered the evidence destroyed, AND he just botched the Ballghazi thing to the point where a federal judge who ruled for upholding punishments in 66 of 68 previous cases told him to go die in a grease fire.

Whoopsie! :laugh:

I have no idea what the fallout of all of this is going to be. I assume that Goodell leaked this despite it making him look bad because the main narrative coming out of this is PATRIOTS CHEAT, which has been the narrative for the last year. He seems pretty arrogant, so he probably thinks he is teflon at this point. This could get pretty crazy if the pressure is right. Anything is possible and I love it.

• Locked thread