Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

WobblySausage posted:

This kind of stuff bothers me. The NCAA sucks nearly as badly or maybe worse, but at least they have the power to deal with it.

I don't care if all teams do it. Entire season's wins should be vacated for blatant cheating. No rule in the book for it one year? Make one with a decisive punishment the next. Perhaps organizations need multiple season integrity audits or something. The whole drat thing is corrupt from the top down; the NFL is a farce, and it frankly makes me want to stop watching. This type of poo poo hurts everyone - whether your team benefited from it, or not. Who wants to watch dirty games all the time? It removes the competitive spirit.

Retroactively award the Rams/Panthers/Eagles the Super Bowls in which The Patriots Cheated. I would be happy then.

Also Bill Simmons had an absolute meltdown on Twitter over this and it was really embarrassing to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Do it Goodell...go NCAA on the Pats. Put *s everywhere. Vacate their records. Make Bill Simmons literally break down sobbing during his podcast. Hold a special on ESPN where you meltdown the Pats Super Bowl rings in the Hall of Fame while cackling.

Become loved by St. Louis/Carolina/Philly. Which is quite a feat since Philly loves nothing but hatred.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Goodell should apply Belichek logic of focusing way too much on minutiae that doesn't really matter but still violates the spirit of rule enforcement to enforcing the rules against the Pats.

"Tom Brady's pants were a millimeter too high. Two game suspension!"

Perhaps then we can get rid of him in addition to causing Boston to meltdown.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He basically already does this but with socks.

:thejoke:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Magicpants posted:

What did Odin Lloyd know?

He was the airport spy. He was a loose end that had to be...cleaned up.

• Locked thread