Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I'm making avatars. Probably like 10 of them. Maybe more. Who wants one?

As usual, don't ask if you don't plan to use it.

Previous round:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Cactus Jack posted:

I need a new avatar and Jalen Ramsey is like the only guy worth a poo poo on the Jags right now. That work? :)

Won't be able to finish this one tonight, but it's in the works!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Cactus Jack posted:

I need a new avatar and Jalen Ramsey is like the only guy worth a poo poo on the Jags right now. That work? :)

Done!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

JPrime posted:

Oh I just got a new Febreeze-a-tar, but I had an idea:

Can I get the Cards' David Johnson toting some moneybags? I had a hiccup in the goon madden league where I ended up paying him something like a $75m signing bonus, requiring the commissioner to step in to fix my cap, and renaming him to Moneybags Johnson in the process. :allears:

I took some liberties, but I think this will work :)

also that story is hilarious

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chichevache posted:

I'd love one if you're up for incorporating the Judge Dredd helmet still.

What are you looking for, specifically?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Silly Burrito posted:

I'd still love a Brees Chir avatar, just slinging 5,000 yard seasons nonstop.

Boom, done! Huge pain in the rear end, and an old joke, and anime as gently caress, but I'm very happy with the result. Enjoy!

IT'S OVER FIVE THOUSAAAAAAND

Source images:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Qwijib0 posted:

tales of daring, do bad and good luck tales.

"takes of derring-do, bad, and good luck tales" :science:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chichevache posted:

Shoot, I was cool with whatever interpretation you felt was fun.:shrug: Maybe Sherman or Bennett threatening a reporter, if that isn't too much detail. Frankly, I'd be honored for whatever you felt up to doing.

Done.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Thaddius the Large posted:

Zimmer as Odin is actually fairly appropriate, nice thinking.

Done.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
I'll eventually do more avatars, but I'm going to take a week or two to not think about football.

For reals though, gently caress this sport

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Flikken posted:

Joe Thomas in his pre snap stance please?

Been having issues with my site host, so this took longer than I expected, but it's done.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

he looks like he's trying to take the browns to the super bowl

yeah but it's futile. TOUGH poo poo, CARTOON BROWNS

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Flikken posted:

That owns, THANKS!

Edit: Do you mind if I tweet this at him?

sure, go nuts

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

probably. Is this related to when he got all salty about Mack playing in the Super Bowl?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chilichimp posted:

He's saying it looks like he's dropping a deuce.

ooooooooooooh now I get it

thanks

e: although now I see I should have played that off as "no man I meant "TOUGH poo poo" as part of the joke"

gently caress

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chilichimp posted:

How dare you, Julio didn't choke.

One of the great tragedies of the Falcons' loss is that we're going to forget about Julio's ridiculous catch

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

And he didnt think he did anything wrong.

It's cultural and strongly tied to being a Southern evangelical. A huge group of the US population that believe that corporal punishment is necessary for the proper rearing of a child.

Chilichimp posted:

I've found a lot of people who agreed would change their mind pretty quick once I showed them the photos.

yeah the photos make a pretty compelling case that he went too far, even for those folks

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chilichimp posted:

Still, though, gently caress people who thought it was okay.

Taking a stick to beat a child in the 21st century is officially some backwards bullshit.

Sure, but I can't fault people for being raised to believe some backwards bullshit. Can't change what they learned, only educate them now, you know? I never had to cut a switch for my dad, but he was more than familiar with the phrase, and joked about it from time to time.

Cartoon Man posted:

I was spanked as a child and looking back on it, I could tell my dad showed restraint. But it is completely unnecessary in today's society and I will never do it to my kids ever. There are plenty of other effective disciplinary methods, you don't need to hurt your kids just cause it was done to you as a child.

Yeah the situations where it's an effective form of punishment seem few and far between to me, and it establishes the bad precedent that your authority only extends as far as your ability to inflict meaningful harm/pain on your kid. At which point if they outgrow you or your ability to hit them diminishes, now you have no authority over them, because you taught them the only reason to behave was because they'd have to face physical consequences if they didn't.

I remember I got into a fight in middle school with this kid and my dad came home that day and rather than punish me, he started telling me that the kid's parents were suing him*, and went into how he planned to deal with that and what the financial consequences would be, and what we'd have to give up as a result. That poo poo had me in tears and was way more effective than any spanking.

*this didn't actually happen (though I did hurt the kid's shoulder), but he told a very convincing sequence of events that could have happened, and convinced me that there were real consequences to my actions

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chilichimp posted:

I stopped getting whipped when I stopped reacting to the pain.

Yeah that's kind of my point?

It seems like you think I'm in favor of beating kids

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chilichimp posted:

I was agreeing with your point, but in retrospect, I can see how I left that somewhat ambiguous.

fair enough. Unrelated note: Now that most of my hosting issues are resolved, I'll be doing more avatars next week when the missus is back in town and I'm no on solo parent duty. Iirc yours is one of the next 2 or 3

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
I really liked the improvised cards this year. Good job, Febreeze