Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Wooooo, time for all your Madden PS4 dream teams to come true. Want to pull a Titans and draft an entire offense composed of Tightends? Or do you want to be Chip Kelly and draft only white players? You can do all that and more in this year's PS4 Madden Fantasy Draft League! Lets go through all the basics.

The Draft:

The league will start with a live fantasy draft. Depending on the amount of user teams we get, the draft might be split up over two sessions (most likely not though).
The draft order will be completely randomized with a snake set up. So while you might end up with the 32nd pick, that just means you will have the 1st pick of the 2nd round.
I believe the computer gives you something like 60 seconds to make your pick. So make sure you have an idea of positions to target as your pick approaches. It blows to run out of time and end up with the CPU making your pick.

Rules:

Just like the other league, All Pro difficulty with 6 minute quarters
Don't be an asshat. No going for it on 4th down when a team normally wouldn't, don't abuse the fake field goals if it doesn't get patched. Don't run up the score against other players in the league. This should all be known by this point.
You are free to restart games against the CPU to make sure you win or if one of your star players gets injured for the season. Don't restart because you want to break records or for frivolous reasons.

Trades: I don't really care if we have CPU trades on or off since this is the fantasy league. You guys let me know when you sign up and we will go with what the majority rules.

Schedule:

This league will probably be smaller and end up moving alot faster then the main league. Until we get actually start the league and get everything going, we will advance every 4 days like the main league.

Signing up: Please include the following when you reply to join:

Team:
Thoughts on trades (No CPU Trades, All Trades, No Trades, etc):
Particular Nights you are open for the draft (either late this week or next week if the patch drops soon):
PSN ID:

Lets get everyone signed up! As soon as the patch hits, I will create the league and start shooting out invites! Thanks to Dubious for running the league last year and keeping the OP stuff handy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Giants - davecrazy
PSN:
Alt Contact:

Washington "Professional" Football Team-
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact: PMs

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams - flickmaker
PSN: flickmaker
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks -
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots - Malloreon
PSN: ChromeHound47
Alt contact: SA PMs

Miami Dolphins -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets - The Piper
PSN: nastyniss
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars - Dubious
PSN: Dubious
Alt contact: Smoke signals

Tennessee Titans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Houston Texans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Rad Valtar
PSN: Radvaltar
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Kansas City Chiefs -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - human being Guy
PSN: Thenardpuppy
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals - Yuzenn
PSN: Mdubb354
Alt contact:

Havoc904 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 6, 2015

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am really bad at this game but I want to be the New England Patriots.

PSN: ChromeHound47
Alt: PM here

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Gimme the Jags

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Put me down for the Bungles...I mean Bengals!

(I just like their Jerseys.)

And as for trades I don't know how terrible the AI is this year at trade logic but since it's a fantasy draft I don't think it matters that much as long as it is not abused. We have a pretty honorable bunch in our usual playgroup so I say we play it by ear.

I can draft any night, PS Vita ensures that my wife wont get pissed off for me hogging the TV.

Mdubb354 is PSN

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 8, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'll take New Orleans
PSN: Paperback75
Alt: PMs

Trading is fine but I only don't like when someone has like 6 of the first 50 picks in the draft.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 8, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
In this league i really don't give a poo poo about trades, i'm not gonna be trading since I have complete control of my team.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I'll be setting up the league tomorrow. Would everyone be open to a draft on Sunday evening during the night game?

If that doesn't work, we could either shoot for Saturday (any time) or Tuesday evening.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

I'll be setting up the league tomorrow. Would everyone be open to a draft on Sunday evening during the night game?

If that doesn't work, we could either shoot for Saturday (any time) or Tuesday evening.

I prefer Tuesday evening. or Saturday afternoon, pacific time.

I've never done this before, do we draft a full 53?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Havoc904 posted:

Please Tuesday, I will have to drink to the extreme to get me through the Giants defensive showing that night

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I'll take the Jets. I could draft Sunday night.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Sunday night won't work for me either. Pretty much any other day does.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

I'm enjoying MUT this year. Gonna give this a shot.

Team: St Louis Rams
Don't really have thoughts on trades. (Maybe just don't fleece all the CPU teams?)
Saturday night wouldn't be that great for me. But I can probably still make it work. Any other night is great.
PSN ID: flickmaker

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Lets do Saturday, that seems to work for the most people. Everybody want to shoot for something late afternoon or in the evening? I have no plans this weekend except to watch football and play videogames, so some of you might have something like a social life for Saturdays or something. I am going to plan on doing the draft on Saturday at 6:00 Central, but I am open to move it to whenever.

Since we don't have to wait for week 1 rosters, I will get the league created tonight and start sending out invites.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think i can do saturday

E: most definitely can't do saturday, and I have zero interest if I'm stuck with an autodrafted team

Dubious fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 9, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

i dont think i can do saturday

E: most definitely can't do saturday, and I have zero interest if I'm stuck with an autodrafted team

Okay, we can move to Monday or Tuesday. Would everyone rather draft on Monday during the MNF doubleheader or Tuesday?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i prefer tuesday because the Vikings are part of the DH and I have to leave the house to watch them, unless the streams on Reddit have dramatically improved in quality this season.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

I vote for tuesday

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

League is created and invites for everyone have been sent out! I joined the league as an owner, but you all are free to join as either Coach or Owner.

Looks like we will be drafting on Tuesday then. I'll figure out a time soon, but we will probably shoot for 7-8 central since it usually goes for awhile and I know it can get late for east coast people as well.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I see that four people have joined up so far, I will resend invites out tonight to everyone that is left. I assume a Tuesday night draft at 7:30 central works for everyone?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Give me the Giants I guess.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Havoc904 posted:

I see that four people have joined up so far, I will resend invites out tonight to everyone that is left. I assume a Tuesday night draft at 7:30 central works for everyone?

7:30 works for me. See you guys there. I'll keep checking thread for updates.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I need an invite or the league info.

PSN: dpcv8

Anybody?

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 15, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

davecrazy posted:

I need an invite or the league info.

PSN: dpcv8

Anybody?

The server is giving me trouble with invites, so:

League Name: SA Fantasy Fun
Password: MDYP15

The following people need to sign up so we can be good to go for the draft tomorrow:

Paperback Writer - New Orleans Saints
The Piper - New York Jets
Malloreon - New England Patriots

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

Malloreon - New England Patriots

just accepted. if I choose owner, I won't do playcalling or controlling any players during the game?

EDIT: second question: looks like I have the current Patriots roster. when we draft tomorrow, do they all disappear? or are we drafting from some other player pool?

As you can tell I'm totally new to madden.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 15, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Malloreon posted:

just accepted. if I choose owner, I won't do playcalling or controlling any players during the game?

EDIT: second question: looks like I have the current Patriots roster. when we draft tomorrow, do they all disappear? or are we drafting from some other player pool?

Owner just gets more access to stuff like your finances and staff, you still play the games.

They will disappear. We're going to draft our whole rosters.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Malloreon posted:

If you choose owner, you will control the players just like you do normally. The difference between owner and coach mode is running finances as the owner.

Coach: call plays, control team in game, set depth chart, cut players, sign free agents, negotiate contracts, perform trades.

Owner: all of the above, hire/fire coaches, set pricing on merchandise/stadium prices, option to relocate the team, work with budget.

If you don't have much experience, I would say be a coach. Some times the finances that an owner is dealing with can cause problems in signing free agents. I can set it so you can't get fired as well.

You are welcome to be an owner as well, especially if you want to relocate the team ir anything.

Since you are pretty new, you might want to think about the following:

1) deciding what kind of offense and defense you want to run. If you are looking at doing a base 4-3, then look at players that will best fit the different roles on the line. If you want to focus on a deep passing game, then research what quarterbacks can throw deep.

2) Look through the players stats on the newest roster update. Just get an idea of what players you want to target so you don't feel like you are scrambling for a pick all the time.

3) if you gave the extra time, start your own fantasy draft franchise and run a draft to get an idea of when the CPU targets certain players. This will help immensely in getting an idea on what to expect.

Let us know if you have any more questions! Exciting to have new players pop into the leagues this year!

It's also up to you if you want to create your own coach/owner or use the real ones

All players will be involved in the draft, the game just shows orginal rosters until we kick everything off.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

great advice

Thanks for the advice! I went coach, and chose existing, and they gave me this "griffin murphy" person, whom I'm guessing is a stand-in for Belichick since he's not a member of the coaches union.

I'll run my own franchise and see how that goes as well. Catch you guys tomorrow.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Everyone good to go for tonight at 7:30? I noticed a few people haven't signed up yet.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Havoc904 posted:

Everyone good to go for tonight at 7:30? I noticed a few people haven't signed up yet.

Central time, right?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Yuzenn posted:

Central time, right?

Yes sir! We are an hour out now. If anyone is running late, just post in the thread or shoot me a message on PSN.

Going to eat dinner, then get set up on the ps4 and send out some reminders here in a few.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am super stressing out about this draft! I have so many tabs open.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Malloreon posted:

I am super stressing out about this draft! I have so many tabs open.

You will be fine. I would advise drafting any players you REALLY like a few rounds before you expect them to go because sometimes the CPU will make a run on a position.

Just have fun. If you miss out on a player you really want, you can always try to trade for them!

Looks like everyone is in the league except for Piper! Just sent him some reminders too.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

All the really good QBs go the first 10 picks btw, I'm so inaccurate in this game I'm hoping I land one of those spots.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Someone gonna make a party for this?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I'm going to wait for 5 to see if I hear back from Piper.

Are you ready Malloreon, I don't see you online?

Edit: Nevermind, see you on now!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

I'm going to wait for 5 to see if I hear back from Piper.

Are you ready Malloreon, I don't see you online?

I'm here now

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Can I request 10 minutes so I can load the dishwasher? I've got 3 weeks left here and I want it to be pleasant.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Can I request 10 minutes so I can load the dishwasher? I've got 3 weeks left here and I want it to be pleasant.

Yeah, maybe Piper will show up. We will start the draft at 7:40. I can also pause if you aren't back for your pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

pause the draft now so we can see the order?

thank you. Pick 20.

• Locked thread