Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Back, I'll make a party..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Paperback Writer posted:

pause the draft now so we can see the order?

Done and done. The computer had the first four picks, all QBs. Here is the order while we wait:

5) Mdubb (he just picked Russell Wilson)
10) flickmaker
16) Dave
20) Paperback
23) Malloreon
24) Dubious
31) Havoc904

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Back, I'll make a party..

Okay, we will get the clock going again right at 7:40.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

invite to party please, ChromeHound47

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Remember to give us time in preseason week 1 to make cuts and turn off injuries if we sim out of it!

I'm happy with my team now. Not sure where the rest of us are.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dubious posted:

Remember to give us time in preseason week 1 to make cuts and turn off injuries if we sim out of it!

All good, drafting backups to my backups now

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeah we can autodraft the rest as far as I care.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Yeah, I was going to give everyone about 15 minutes after the draft was over to make their one cut (I think we draft 54) and turn off injuries.

I figured we could draft all the way through, if people are happy with their team, then they can just let the CPU autodraft the last few rounds.

I will post in here when the draft is complete to give everyone heads up that they need to make their cut.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Draft is over, woooooooooo! Got fifteen minutes to adjust your roster, then we start week one!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Can you turn off Fill Roster and Simulate Game Prep please?

I don't want the cpu loving with my team or doing my game prep.

E: never mind those settings are user specific!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Week One is live!

Games this week:

Cowboys (Havoc) vs Giants (Dave)
Everyone else vs the CPU!

Let me know times that work for you in the next day or two Dave.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Probably about 30 minutes in I was like, I wonder if Havoc or Paperback won the Reese sweepstakes.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Stafford plus Megatron plus DGB plus Perriman plus Sefarian-Jenkins = :rip: opposing secondaries.

I simmed D the first half and gave up 115 yards to Shane Vereen. I usered it in the 2nd and picked off Crab Theif Rapist 3 times, one for 6.

My team loving owns.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Probably about 30 minutes in I was like, I wonder if Havoc or Paperback won the Reese sweepstakes.

Hahaha, I drafted Reece before I even drafted a halfback or a tightend. The guy as just been so drat versatile in Madden the past few years. Beyond counting on him for short yardage or decent blocking, he also plugs into the Tightend position fantastically. I think his rating goes up to a 91 or 92 when you plug him in at tightend.

I drafted him about 10 rounds earlier then I normally would have just because of how much Paperback likes him as well.

I am really happy with the team I ended up drafting. Most of the players I wanted ended up being around when it got around to my pick. It was also really nice having my picks be almost back to back, so I could plan out a couple of players and not have to constantly be sitting in the middle of the round.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Havoc904 posted:

Week One is live!

Games this week:

Cowboys (Havoc) vs Giants (Dave)
Everyone else vs the CPU!

Let me know times that work for you in the next day or two Dave.

I can play whenever today.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dubious posted:

Stafford plus Megatron plus DGB plus Perriman plus Sefarian-Jenkins = :rip: opposing secondaries.

I simmed D the first half and gave up 115 yards to Shane Vereen. I usered it in the 2nd and picked off Crab Theif Rapist 3 times, one for 6.

My team loving owns.

Playing CPU Aaron Rodgers week 1 goddamn sucked. Got the win though but UGH my offensive line and defensive line need confidence boosts, I got sacked 6 times!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Looks like I have 3 games against humans in season 1, week 3 (jags), 5 (cowboys) and 10 (giants)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Jags are going any combination of 16-0, 15-1, or 14-2. I have two user games :v:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Is it just me or are players getting tired and subbed out a lot more in this one?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Paperback Writer posted:

Is it just me or are players getting tired and subbed out a lot more in this one?

yes. In the main league I adjusted our slider to help combat that. Setting it to 30 is a bit more of a realistic amount to be at. In this one , at the default of 50, you're going to have guys swapping out after just a couple plays.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

yes. In the main league I adjusted our slider to help combat that. Setting it to 30 is a bit more of a realistic amount to be at. In this one , at the default of 50, you're going to have guys swapping out after just a couple plays.

I am going to set it at 100 so you switch out players every other play, really makes bench depth matter.

davecrazy posted:

I can play whenever today.

Okay, I should be good to go any time after 6. I will want to adjust my depth chart and stuff before the game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I am going to set it at 100 so you switch out players every other play, really makes bench depth matter.

lol that would be hilarious and then terrible when your 3rd stringers are gassed and a safety is playing QB

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Gonna grab a team in a few

Send inv please.. Psn thenardpuppy

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 16, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Havoc904 posted:

Okay, I should be good to go any time after 6. I will want to adjust my depth chart and stuff before the game.

Now good?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Giants 28 - Cowboys 21. Great game as always, would have looked quite a bit different if Mettenberger's accuracy past 10 yards wasn't abysmal. Dave did a great job of playing my receivers, with the majority of my yards coming from my runners. Looking forward to the rematch later in the year!

human being Guy posted:

Gonna grab a team in a few

Send inv please.. Psn thenardpuppy

Sent you an invite! Do you want me to post starters for any teams you are interested in? I am happy to put them up so you aren't picking a team blindly.

Malloreon just waiting on you and we can advance to week 2.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

Malloreon just waiting on you and we can advance to week 2.

I'll play my game this evening, don't want to hold us up.

EDIT: you guys I am so bad at this game.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 17, 2015

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

My game's done!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Week 2 is here!

Everyone versus computer teams, so we should be able to advance in a day or two tops.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
This is going to be the speed league isn't it?

Not that I have any issue with that.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mettenberger has abysmal down field accuracy and my whole team is built around gently caress it, going deep. I don't have a single superstar development guy and all my key dudes are normal.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Stafford is missing so many wide open throws and instead dropping those into DBs and it is maddening.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Took the 0-1 Steelers, shouldnt be too much trouble to make playoffs considering the amount of users. That O-Line !!

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Wow. I'm really bad as this right now. Yikes.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I had to restart 3 times, Stafford was airmailing everything between 10-20 yards, and medium accuracy is his best stat :iiam:

I still threw 3 INTs in a victory. I need to bump his awareness to stop this garbage and it's gonna take like 3 more weeks of drills to have the XP to jump 3 points to hit the safe zone of 80 AWR.

Also holy gently caress, that Dolphins D-line is insane, I was getting blown out of the pocket on almost every drop back. It's vicious.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

This is going to be the speed league isn't it?

Not that I have any issue with that.

Looks like it!

We are set to advance when Malloreon gets his game in!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'm not used to playing with a great RB who magically breaks tackles and fights for more yards like Shady, it's pretty fun!

and through 2 games my high picks of Watt and Josh Gordon have yet to show up.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm not used to playing with a great RB who magically breaks tackles and fights for more yards like Shady, it's pretty fun!

and through 2 games my high picks of Watt and Josh Gordon have yet to show up.

It is really amazing how much a RB with the right stats in Madden can move along your offense. For the past couple of years LaGarette Blount as been a discount Marshawn Lynch. He might be rated 15 overall points less, but he can still bulldoze the crap out of defenses and pick up yards. His catching is crap, but if you have another RB or FB (a la Marcel Reece) that can cover for him in that area, he is an absolute monster.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm terrible at breaking tackles no matter who i use cause I lay on the speed boost way too drat much. Its a really bad habit.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 18, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
#ILike2Run

good running backs own

I miss my monster Shady from last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Week 3!

We got two user games this week, probably the most we will have until the playoffs!

Dubious (Jaguars) vs Malloreon (Patriots)!
Flickmaker (Rams) vs human being Guy (Steelers)!
Everyone else against CPU opponents.

Per Dub's suggestion, I also lowered fatigue down to 30. Looking through the other sliders, it might be fun to change them up for every week after interest starts declining next Spring. One week with Defensive Pass Interference at 0 but also Pass Coverage at 0. The next week with Field Goal Power up to 100.

• Locked thread