Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
My cpu game the other night it felt like there were a TON of penalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Oh poo poo! User game! When you around human being Guy?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

My cpu game the other night it felt like there were a TON of penalties.

I had a SHITLOAD of holding calls get thrown at me in mine. Seriously almost every big run I ripped got called back.

:flag: :flag:

Also Malloreon when can you go?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
You can scout for the draft this week. Make sure you scout or you LOSE the scouting points.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dubious posted:

I had a SHITLOAD of holding calls get thrown at me in mine. Seriously almost every big run I ripped got called back.

:flag: :flag:

Also Malloreon when can you go?

I really would like to put some time in with skills trainer Saturday afternoon. Can we go either Sunday morning or evening before/after NFL games?

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

flickmaker posted:

Oh poo poo! User game! When you around human being Guy?

I can play from 9am - 4pm EST today then I have my buddies birthday party until about 11pm, if you are up late I'm down for some drunkball. I am also free all Sunday after 9am.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

I can play from 9am - 4pm EST today then I have my buddies birthday party until about 11pm, if you are up late I'm down for some drunkball. I am also free all Sunday after 9am.

Just got home from work. You around in the next hour or so?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Anyone have suggestions where to move the sliders if penalties are happening too much?

It feels random to me, when Dave made that post last night, I was going to reply that I hadn't really noticed an increase. I decided to play my game against the CPU in the other league before posting though then proceeded to have a game where it felt like there were 2 penalties on every drive.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Havoc904 posted:

Anyone have suggestions where to move the sliders if penalties are happening too much?

It feels random to me, when Dave made that post last night, I was going to reply that I hadn't really noticed an increase. I decided to play my game against the CPU in the other league before posting though then proceeded to have a game where it felt like there were 2 penalties on every drive.

I got at least 5 offensive holds...its wayyy too sensitive right now

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Bring it down to around 35ish and we can see how it goes?

I haven't done much slider tuning yet as I've been playing nothing but MUT. That said, in MUT, penalties aren't nearly as bad and you're locked to default sliders in there.

:iiam:

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Flick I got some poo poo to do around town for a few but can you play around noon EST?

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

Flick I got some poo poo to do around town for a few but can you play around noon EST?

I'll be at work until like 3-4 central. Then I was going to try and squeeze a bike ride in. Would you be available tonight or tomorrow at all?

EDIT: Also if you see me on PSN today, that's my mom using my PS4 to watch a movie or something.

flickmaker fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 20, 2015

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

flickmaker posted:

I'll be at work until like 3-4 central. Then I was going to try and squeeze a bike ride in. Would you be available tonight or tomorrow at all?

EDIT: Also if you see me on PSN today, that's my mom using my PS4 to watch a movie or something.

Yea I can go tonight after 8 EST

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Okay, I switched the sliders to the following:

Offside - 50
False Start - 45
Holding - 35
Defensive Holding - 40
Face Mask - 50
Defensive Pass Interference - 55

I decided to push defensive pass interference up a bit because I feel like there are alot of instances of DBs getting directly in the way of routes down field and nothing being called. Let me know what everyone thinks about these settings and give me suggestions on where to move them after playing a game.

Julio Jones is ridiculous in this game. His release, acceleration and speed all combine together to make him really lethal after the catch. If he has more then a step on a defender, he can generally leave them in the dust after the catch.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

Yea I can go tonight after 8 EST

I'll should be around off an on all night. Let me know.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
can you go now?

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

can you go now?

Sure.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
cool just gotta hook up the ps4 I'll be 5 or so

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

cool just gotta hook up the ps4 I'll be 5 or so

Cool.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
gently caress you EA! Desync at the end of the 3rd in a 14-13 tight rear end game...

Also. FLAG, FLAG, FLAG.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I don't really have time to try again right now I gotta get up early for work. Can you go tomorrow around 7EST?

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

I don't really have time to try again right now I gotta get up early for work. Can you go tomorrow around 7EST?

Yea I can probably swing that.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Awesome man, should be a good game.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

Awesome man, should be a good game.

I'll be around in like 30-40 minutes. Does that work for you? (7:40 central)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Malloreon posted:

I really would like to put some time in with skills trainer Saturday afternoon. Can we go either Sunday morning or evening before/after NFL games?

Whats the word?

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

flickmaker posted:

I'll be around in like 30-40 minutes. Does that work for you? (7:40 central)

I might need another 10 or so minutes, there was a child pukesplosion that I gotta take care of first (yay).

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

I might need another 10 or so minutes, there was a child pukesplosion that I gotta take care of first (yay).

Haha. Good luck. I'll log on in a few.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

flickmaker posted:

Haha. Good luck. I'll log on in a few.

Kids are in bed, I'll be on in a couple minutes .

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

human being Guy posted:

Kids are in bed, I'll be on in a couple minutes .

Cool. My dad is coming by with sandwiches. So if I pause for a minute, that's why.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
What a loving game. Steelers lose 27-24 on a FG as time expires. I couldn't get anything going in the run game to save my life but Rivers threw for 3 TDs and had a pretty good game. We traded blows back and forth the whole game and I can't wait for a rematch man. Also, gently caress DPI in its rear end I had like 4 big chunks of yardage given up from a few of those drat penalties.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Good game man. I look forward to rematches as well. In both leagues haha.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Havoc904 posted:

Julio Jones is ridiculous. His release, acceleration and speed all combine together to make him really lethal after the catch. If he has more then a step on a defender, he can generally leave them in the dust after the catch.

Fixed for you!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Malloreon posted:

2nd Ping. It's you and I and we're the last game before an advance!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dubious posted:

2nd Ping. It's you and I and we're the last game before an advance!

Sorry dude, my bad. I'm free this afternoon, between 3-5pm pacific time if you are.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Malloreon posted:

Sorry dude, my bad. I'm free this afternoon, between 3-5pm pacific time if you are.

I won't even be home until at least 7PST tonight. The Chinese president is in town and Seattle is absolutely skullfucked trafficwise downtown.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dubious posted:

I won't even be home until at least 7PST tonight. The Chinese president is in town and Seattle is absolutely skullfucked trafficwise downtown.

Ok cool, we're in the same time zone. I should be free after 930pm too.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Malloreon posted:

Ok cool, we're in the same time zone. I should be free after 930pm too.

Lets play at 930ish then before i enter mut mode tonight

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dubious posted:

Lets play at 930ish then before i enter mut mode tonight

Sounds good. Just got home, ready.

Bear in mind this is literally the first h2h madden game I've ever played

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
These holding penalties are loving bullshit and cost me that game after making a clutch pick.

So did Staffords unaware rear end sailing wide open throws.

GG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dubious posted:

These holding penalties are loving bullshit and cost me that game after making a clutch pick.

So did Staffords unaware rear end sailing wide open throws.

GG

Great game. I was yelling at the tv after I gave up that huge last TD.

Those penalties out of nowhere saved me.

• Locked thread