Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Wooooo, time for all your Madden PS4 dream teams to come true. Want to pull a Titans and draft an entire offense composed of Tightends? Or do you want to be Chip Kelly and draft only white players? You can do all that and more in this year's PS4 Madden Fantasy Draft League! Lets go through all the basics.

The Draft:

The league will start with a live fantasy draft. Depending on the amount of user teams we get, the draft might be split up over two sessions (most likely not though).
The draft order will be completely randomized with a snake set up. So while you might end up with the 32nd pick, that just means you will have the 1st pick of the 2nd round.
I believe the computer gives you something like 60 seconds to make your pick. So make sure you have an idea of positions to target as your pick approaches. It blows to run out of time and end up with the CPU making your pick.

Rules:

Just like the other league, All Pro difficulty with 6 minute quarters
Don't be an asshat. No going for it on 4th down when a team normally wouldn't, don't abuse the fake field goals if it doesn't get patched. Don't run up the score against other players in the league. This should all be known by this point.
You are free to restart games against the CPU to make sure you win or if one of your star players gets injured for the season. Don't restart because you want to break records or for frivolous reasons.

Trades: I don't really care if we have CPU trades on or off since this is the fantasy league. You guys let me know when you sign up and we will go with what the majority rules.

Schedule:

This league will probably be smaller and end up moving alot faster then the main league. Until we get actually start the league and get everything going, we will advance every 4 days like the main league.

Signing up: Please include the following when you reply to join:

Team:
Thoughts on trades (No CPU Trades, All Trades, No Trades, etc):
Particular Nights you are open for the draft (either late this week or next week if the patch drops soon):
PSN ID:

Lets get everyone signed up! As soon as the patch hits, I will create the league and start shooting out invites! Thanks to Dubious for running the league last year and keeping the OP stuff handy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Giants - davecrazy
PSN:
Alt Contact:

Washington "Professional" Football Team-
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact: PMs

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams - flickmaker
PSN: flickmaker
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks -
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots - Malloreon
PSN: ChromeHound47
Alt contact: SA PMs

Miami Dolphins -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets - The Piper
PSN: nastyniss
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars - Dubious
PSN: Dubious
Alt contact: Smoke signals

Tennessee Titans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Houston Texans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Rad Valtar
PSN: Radvaltar
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Kansas City Chiefs -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - human being Guy
PSN: Thenardpuppy
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals - Yuzenn
PSN: Mdubb354
Alt contact:

Havoc904 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 6, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I'll be setting up the league tomorrow. Would everyone be open to a draft on Sunday evening during the night game?

If that doesn't work, we could either shoot for Saturday (any time) or Tuesday evening.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Lets do Saturday, that seems to work for the most people. Everybody want to shoot for something late afternoon or in the evening? I have no plans this weekend except to watch football and play videogames, so some of you might have something like a social life for Saturdays or something. I am going to plan on doing the draft on Saturday at 6:00 Central, but I am open to move it to whenever.

Since we don't have to wait for week 1 rosters, I will get the league created tonight and start sending out invites.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

i dont think i can do saturday

E: most definitely can't do saturday, and I have zero interest if I'm stuck with an autodrafted team

Okay, we can move to Monday or Tuesday. Would everyone rather draft on Monday during the MNF doubleheader or Tuesday?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

League is created and invites for everyone have been sent out! I joined the league as an owner, but you all are free to join as either Coach or Owner.

Looks like we will be drafting on Tuesday then. I'll figure out a time soon, but we will probably shoot for 7-8 central since it usually goes for awhile and I know it can get late for east coast people as well.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I see that four people have joined up so far, I will resend invites out tonight to everyone that is left. I assume a Tuesday night draft at 7:30 central works for everyone?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

davecrazy posted:

I need an invite or the league info.

PSN: dpcv8

Anybody?

The server is giving me trouble with invites, so:

League Name: SA Fantasy Fun
Password: MDYP15

The following people need to sign up so we can be good to go for the draft tomorrow:

Paperback Writer - New Orleans Saints
The Piper - New York Jets
Malloreon - New England Patriots

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Malloreon posted:

just accepted. if I choose owner, I won't do playcalling or controlling any players during the game?

EDIT: second question: looks like I have the current Patriots roster. when we draft tomorrow, do they all disappear? or are we drafting from some other player pool?

As you can tell I'm totally new to madden.

If you choose owner, you will control the players just like you do normally. The difference between owner and coach mode is running finances as the owner.

Coach: call plays, control team in game, set depth chart, cut players, sign free agents, negotiate contracts, perform trades.

Owner: all of the above, hire/fire coaches, set pricing on merchandise/stadium prices, option to relocate the team, work with budget.

If you don't have much experience, I would say be a coach. Some times the finances that an owner is dealing with can cause problems in signing free agents. I can set it so you can't get fired as well.

You are welcome to be an owner as well, especially if you want to relocate the team ir anything.

Since you are pretty new, you might want to think about the following:

1) deciding what kind of offense and defense you want to run. If you are looking at doing a base 4-3, then look at players that will best fit the different roles on the line. If you want to focus on a deep passing game, then research what quarterbacks can throw deep.

2) Look through the players stats on the newest roster update. Just get an idea of what players you want to target so you don't feel like you are scrambling for a pick all the time.

3) if you gave the extra time, start your own fantasy draft franchise and run a draft to get an idea of when the CPU targets certain players. This will help immensely in getting an idea on what to expect.

Let us know if you have any more questions! Exciting to have new players pop into the leagues this year!

It's also up to you if you want to create your own coach/owner or use the real ones

All players will be involved in the draft, the game just shows orginal rosters until we kick everything off.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Everyone good to go for tonight at 7:30? I noticed a few people haven't signed up yet.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Yuzenn posted:

Central time, right?

Yes sir! We are an hour out now. If anyone is running late, just post in the thread or shoot me a message on PSN.

Going to eat dinner, then get set up on the ps4 and send out some reminders here in a few.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Malloreon posted:

I am super stressing out about this draft! I have so many tabs open.

You will be fine. I would advise drafting any players you REALLY like a few rounds before you expect them to go because sometimes the CPU will make a run on a position.

Just have fun. If you miss out on a player you really want, you can always try to trade for them!

Looks like everyone is in the league except for Piper! Just sent him some reminders too.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I'm going to wait for 5 to see if I hear back from Piper.

Are you ready Malloreon, I don't see you online?

Edit: Nevermind, see you on now!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Can I request 10 minutes so I can load the dishwasher? I've got 3 weeks left here and I want it to be pleasant.

Yeah, maybe Piper will show up. We will start the draft at 7:40. I can also pause if you aren't back for your pick.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

pause the draft now so we can see the order?

Done and done. The computer had the first four picks, all QBs. Here is the order while we wait:

5) Mdubb (he just picked Russell Wilson)
10) flickmaker
16) Dave
20) Paperback
23) Malloreon
24) Dubious
31) Havoc904

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Back, I'll make a party..

Okay, we will get the clock going again right at 7:40.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Remember to give us time in preseason week 1 to make cuts and turn off injuries if we sim out of it!

I'm happy with my team now. Not sure where the rest of us are.

Yeah, I was going to give everyone about 15 minutes after the draft was over to make their one cut (I think we draft 54) and turn off injuries.

I figured we could draft all the way through, if people are happy with their team, then they can just let the CPU autodraft the last few rounds.

I will post in here when the draft is complete to give everyone heads up that they need to make their cut.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Draft is over, woooooooooo! Got fifteen minutes to adjust your roster, then we start week one!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Week One is live!

Games this week:

Cowboys (Havoc) vs Giants (Dave)
Everyone else vs the CPU!

Let me know times that work for you in the next day or two Dave.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Probably about 30 minutes in I was like, I wonder if Havoc or Paperback won the Reese sweepstakes.

Hahaha, I drafted Reece before I even drafted a halfback or a tightend. The guy as just been so drat versatile in Madden the past few years. Beyond counting on him for short yardage or decent blocking, he also plugs into the Tightend position fantastically. I think his rating goes up to a 91 or 92 when you plug him in at tightend.

I drafted him about 10 rounds earlier then I normally would have just because of how much Paperback likes him as well.

I am really happy with the team I ended up drafting. Most of the players I wanted ended up being around when it got around to my pick. It was also really nice having my picks be almost back to back, so I could plan out a couple of players and not have to constantly be sitting in the middle of the round.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

yes. In the main league I adjusted our slider to help combat that. Setting it to 30 is a bit more of a realistic amount to be at. In this one , at the default of 50, you're going to have guys swapping out after just a couple plays.

I am going to set it at 100 so you switch out players every other play, really makes bench depth matter.

davecrazy posted:

I can play whenever today.

Okay, I should be good to go any time after 6. I will want to adjust my depth chart and stuff before the game.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Giants 28 - Cowboys 21. Great game as always, would have looked quite a bit different if Mettenberger's accuracy past 10 yards wasn't abysmal. Dave did a great job of playing my receivers, with the majority of my yards coming from my runners. Looking forward to the rematch later in the year!

human being Guy posted:

Gonna grab a team in a few

Send inv please.. Psn thenardpuppy

Sent you an invite! Do you want me to post starters for any teams you are interested in? I am happy to put them up so you aren't picking a team blindly.

Malloreon just waiting on you and we can advance to week 2.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Week 2 is here!

Everyone versus computer teams, so we should be able to advance in a day or two tops.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

This is going to be the speed league isn't it?

Not that I have any issue with that.

Looks like it!

We are set to advance when Malloreon gets his game in!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm not used to playing with a great RB who magically breaks tackles and fights for more yards like Shady, it's pretty fun!

and through 2 games my high picks of Watt and Josh Gordon have yet to show up.

It is really amazing how much a RB with the right stats in Madden can move along your offense. For the past couple of years LaGarette Blount as been a discount Marshawn Lynch. He might be rated 15 overall points less, but he can still bulldoze the crap out of defenses and pick up yards. His catching is crap, but if you have another RB or FB (a la Marcel Reece) that can cover for him in that area, he is an absolute monster.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Week 3!

We got two user games this week, probably the most we will have until the playoffs!

Dubious (Jaguars) vs Malloreon (Patriots)!
Flickmaker (Rams) vs human being Guy (Steelers)!
Everyone else against CPU opponents.

Per Dub's suggestion, I also lowered fatigue down to 30. Looking through the other sliders, it might be fun to change them up for every week after interest starts declining next Spring. One week with Defensive Pass Interference at 0 but also Pass Coverage at 0. The next week with Field Goal Power up to 100.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Anyone have suggestions where to move the sliders if penalties are happening too much?

It feels random to me, when Dave made that post last night, I was going to reply that I hadn't really noticed an increase. I decided to play my game against the CPU in the other league before posting though then proceeded to have a game where it felt like there were 2 penalties on every drive.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Okay, I switched the sliders to the following:

Offside - 50
False Start - 45
Holding - 35
Defensive Holding - 40
Face Mask - 50
Defensive Pass Interference - 55

I decided to push defensive pass interference up a bit because I feel like there are alot of instances of DBs getting directly in the way of routes down field and nothing being called. Let me know what everyone thinks about these settings and give me suggestions on where to move them after playing a game.

Julio Jones is ridiculous in this game. His release, acceleration and speed all combine together to make him really lethal after the catch. If he has more then a step on a defender, he can generally leave them in the dust after the catch.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Advanced to week four!

Games:

Cowboys (Havoc904) vs Saints (Paperback Writer)
Steelers (human being Guy) vs Ravens (CPU)
Jaguars (Dubious) vs Colts (CPU)
Giants (davecrazy) vs Bills (CPU)
Bengals (Yuzenn) vs Chiefs (CPU)
Rams (Flickmaker) vs Cardinals (CPU)

Only one user game this week, hopefully we can advance quickly. Speaking of which, how does your schedule look the next couple of days Paperback? I am free tonight until about 10:30 central, then I am playing a game for the other league.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

Havoc can you play at 9?

Like I said in the message on PSN, you got screwed on dropped passes and Kaepernick's accuracy. I think the play that encapsulated everything going wrong for you and right for me was that play on 3rd and 10 where I ran with Mariota, he proceeded to fumble 5 yards short of the first down, and then my center picked up the ball to gain 10 yards and move the chains.

Week 5 is here!

Cowboys (Havoc) vs Patriots (Malloreon)
Everyone else vs the CPU!

Hows your schedule look this weekend Malloreon?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Malloreon posted:

I need to learn how to play defense!

Also, play call.

and...offense.

Man, your WRs must have dropped at least 7 passes over the middle that would have moved the chains. Between that and my running game breaking a bunch of tackles, it killed you. Also, when you didn't convert that fake punt from the 50 and I ended up scoring to go up 14-0 really changed the game. You were getting good yards on the ground with Hill, but then you had to play catch up and your receivers had stone hands.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Just waiting on flickmaker and we can advance!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

ADVANCED TO WEEK 6!

Everyone versus the CPU (and a couple byes)! Should be a quick week.

flickmaker posted:

All done. Sorry for the delay.

No worries, we have been chugging along pretty fast.

Rad Valtar posted:

Any solid teams that are CPU teams I could join as? Hoping for a decent QB. I wish there was a way to view the teams without picking one.

A few options:

Bears: Andrew Luck, Alshon Jeffery, Navorro Bowman, A decent o-line
Bills: Cam Newton, Devin McCourty, Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, good o-line, decent defensive front
Bucs: Cameron Wake, Robert Quinn, Tyron Smith, TY Hilton, Bort
Cardinals: Adrian Peterson, Delanie Walker, Xavier Rhodes, Eli Manning, Mike Wallace,

I can post some more teams later! Are you looking for a team with strength in particular areas?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Waiting on Malloreon and Yuzenn then we can advance.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Advanced to Week 8!

Jaguars(Dubious) vs Bills (CPU)
Saints (Paperback) vs Colts (CPU)
Patriots (Chromehound) vs Jets (CPU)
Rams (flickmaker) vs Browns (CPU)
Raiders (radvaltar) vs Chargers (CPU)
Steelers (Nard puppy) vs Chiefs (CPU)
Cowboys(Havoc) vs Giants (dave)

Want to shoot for tomorrow night dave?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

davecrazy posted:

My run defense loving sucks. No matter what I do or what play I call my DT's are always going backwards 4 yards a play.

How big are the people you have installed at DT right now? I think I remember Dubious mentioning it, but it really helps to just put guys that are as big as possible in the DT slots.

Your run defense was doing a decent job at plugging up the holes I originally intended to run, I just got lucky alot in bouncing off the hole and finding daylight somewhere else. I thought my run game was screwed when Blount got his collarbone broken, but Gurley picked up alot of the slack.

This game really banged up some of my best players, between Blount's broken collarbone and the ab tear that honey badger got. I'm glad it wasn't in vain and I squeaked out the win. We almost always have pretty close games though!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

We can advance once the Patriots and Saints play their games! Next week we got two user games with the Steelers vs Bengals and the Giants vs Saints. Seems like the injury bug is hitting alot of people right now. Hopefully everyone gets their players back in time for the playoffs!

I am bored at work, so here are the remaining user vs user games for the season:

Week 8: Giants vs Saints, Steelers vs Bengals
Week 9: Raiders vs Steelers
Week 10: Patriots vs Giants
Week 11:
Week 12: Rams vs Bengals
Week 13:
Week 14: Steelers vs Bengals
Week 15:
Week 16: Jaguars vs Saints
Week 17:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Advanced to Week Eight:

Since the Bengals/Steelers wanted to play tonight, I just set the Patriots to win and turned off injuries for that game.

Games this week:
Patriots (Chromehound) vs Dolphins (CPU)
Rams (flickmaker) vs 49ers (CPU)
Giants (dave) vs Saints (Paperback)
Bengals (mdubb) vs Steelers (nardpuppy)
Raiders (Radvaltar) vs Jets (CPU)

Get those games in!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Whats going on with the Steelers/Bengals game? I thought you guys were going to play on Friday evening, that fall through?

Outside of that game, Patriots still need to play their game against the CPU then we can advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

ADVANCED TO WEEK NINE!

User games this week:

Bengals (Yuzenn) vs Browns (CPU)
Patriots (Malloreon) vs Redskins (CPU)
Saints (Paperback) vs Titans (CPU)
Rams (flickmaker) vs Vikings (CPU)
Jaguars (Dubious on Autopilot) vs Jets (CPU)
Raiders (RadValtar) vs Steelers (The Nard Puppy)
Giants (dave) vs Buccaneers (CPU)
Cowboys (Havoc) vs Eagles (CPU)

Only one user gamer this week and it is between to guys that are pretty active! We should be able to knock this week out pretty quickly, so get your games in!

Since we are getting to about the midpoint of the season, here is how the playoffs would look if they started today:

AFC
1) Cincinnati Bengals 7-0 (Yuzenn)
2) New England Patriots 6-1 (Malloreon); has tie breaker over the Jaguars due to head to head win & tiebreaker over Broncos because the Pats have only lost to an out of conference team
3) Jacksonville Jaguars 6-1 (Dubious); has tie breaker over Broncos due to SOS and more points scored overall
4) Denver Broncos 6-1 (CPU)
5) Miami Dolphins 5-2 (CPU)
6) Pittsburgh Steelers 5-3 (human being Guy)

Raiders (Rad Valtar) are sitting on the outside with a standing of 3-4. But he only has 1 user game left against the Steelers, then all CPU games to run out the season. So he should be able to nab one of the wildcard spots at the very least.

NFC
1) St. Louis Rams 7-0 (flickmaker)
2) New York Giants 7-1 (dave), gets the division over the Cowboys right now due to more games played. We split our division series, so it will come down to the wire between who gets the division.
3) New Orleans Saints 6-2 (Paperback)
4) Green Bay Packers 4-3 (CPU)
5) Dallas Cowboys 6-1 (Havoc)
6) Detroit Lions 4-4 (CPU)

I am going to post in the other Madden ps4 threads as well to see if we can get some more people to take some of these CPU teams!

• Locked thread