Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

So people watching, did they cover how the stylus I supposed to recharge in the pro without sticking out like the world's most breakable monopod?

enojy posted:

"There has never been a product like the iPad Pro before"

Bold words

Lucky for them nobody remembers Surface RT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Sue posted:

I see lots of interaction models that are virtually indiscoverable.

Siri how the gently caress does my phone work?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I get to be smug as gently caress about my Surface Pro. :allears:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

The surface pro type cover costs the same :allears:

130 actually, and they're positioning a 128 gb iPad against a Surface with 8 GB ram, 256 gb storage and an i5 that's due for an update.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

Not for the surface 3 type cover

Both are 130 in the us store.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Isn't the Apple A9 processor rumored to be on a smaller lithography process than the A8? There may be a slight dip in system power consumption to go with that battery change. I wouldn't put it past the engineers to scrape and scratch like that.

New processes basically always have power improvements (although the most recent ones have been kinda meh in that regard).

Also glorious race to idle.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

movax posted:

Do any other of the mobile vendors have hardware HEVC support? I was chatting with a friend about the lack of it on the new ATV and it's not really that surprising considering the format is just maturing. I think they made the right call not expending die area / validation effort on hardware HEVC decoding since no one spits out that content right now as far as I can tell.

A8 was on 20nm TSMC, I would think A9 is on the same lithography, potentially benefiting from any process improvements in the interim (high-k/low-k, etc).

e: also am I mis-remembering, or was the 'M8' a COTS Cortex-M4F running firmware? Wonder if that just got dropped wholesale onto the die of the A9.

I thought from anandtech's coverage that A9 was confirmed as being on a different process, and come to think of it FinFETs would probably help a lot for power savings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, Microsoft is pretty clearly trying to position themselves as the defining productivity cloud (as well as some other cloud services), and a pretty key bit of that is being visibly OS agnostic. It makes total sense to be seen using competitor OSes, and a mac shows that in a way a droid phone wouldn't. See also, microsoft showing off how good and cool their cloud services are on the new apple stuff.

• Locked thread