Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Is there a hotkey for switching the camera shoulder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nalin posted:

Steps to winning the game:

1) Play Ork.
2) Unlock Choppa Axe from 1000 req box.
3) Find Space Marine spamming M2 fast attacks and D-Bash him.
4) Strong attack strong attack strong attack strong attack dead.

Repeat until a new "NERF ORKS" thread appears on the official forums.

The electro axe with mods can and does stun people on a frontal strong attack :getin: :orks101: :black101:

limp_cheese posted:

Is there a hotkey for switching the camera shoulder?

Nope :engleft:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Playing as a swooping hawk and I'm seeing my guy warp around on my screen making movment difficult while looking janky as hell.

Just got stricking scorpion veteran class and equipped the burning rune - the one that makes the symbol on the hemet glow orange. The symbol doesn't go invisible....

Animations in general have a tendency of taking time to "stop" which is very frustrating. Such as when jumping out a window, you will stop and stand, then fall. Same with a lot of other animations and executions. Janky. Ugly.

Map balence is a mess.

Vehicle balence is an even bigger mess.

Plasma cannons.

I think I'll be putting this into the video game time capsule for like 6 months.

With luck it will be dead by then.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

lite_sleepr posted:

With luck it will be dead by then.

You seem pretty upset friend. Have you heard of our savior Orks?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
In game chat I said 'move these trucks closer to the point' and it was ignored.

Next game i shouted 'MOVE DEM ZOGGIN TRUKKS MORE UP TO DA FOIGHT, GIT FACE!'

instant compliance.

Later, in a better mood, I asked how every one was. I hit silence. Then I asked, ' ' OWS YER CHOPPA? '

They said good thanks.

:)

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 13, 2016

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lite_sleepr posted:

In game chat I said 'move these trucks closer to the point' and it was ignored.

Next game i shouted 'MOVE DEM ZOGGIN TRUKKS MORE UP TO DA FOIGHT, GIT FACE!'

instant compliance.

Later, in a better mood, I asked how every one was. I hit silence. Then I asked, ' ' OWS YER CHOPPA? '

They said good thanks.

:)

Dude Chaos is the same way, you just have to call them motherfuckers and talk about how much they like eating rear end.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Buschmaki posted:

Dude Chaos is the same way, you just have to call them motherfuckers and talk about how much they like eating rear end.

No honey it's my State Farm agent I swear

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I'll say this, I have never seen anyone just come together from the very start and utterly sweep the enemy before I played orks.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Orkz are the RP faction.

Orv
May 4, 2011
SM also roleplays they're just also terrible.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
In the grimdark present there is only this terrible game.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

PantsOptional posted:

I'll say this, I have never seen anyone just come together from the very start and utterly sweep the enemy before I played orks.

Now all they need to do is make the Orks with the most kills slightly bigger then the rest so there is a chain of command for the rest to follow.

How are the server populations holding up now that the game has been out for a week or so?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
News for the news god.

quote:

Weekly news, Patch 1.0.15 coming, our priorities
posted by Oveur_BHVR @ 11:32AM on October 14, 2016
I'll cover three things in my weekly update, the next patch, our priorities in general so that's crystal clear for everyone and the feature entering testing on UAT.

We continue to work on a cadence which will give patches or hotfixes of various sizes every week, with a larger content update every 4-5 weeks and what we call an expansion every quarter.

To achieve this cadence and pace of fixes, improvements, new content and features, we have our internal development priority:

1. Make the game great. This is continuous balancing, wargear, new weapons, visual customization, performance and optimizations, bug fixes, iterations to existing systems and maps and quality of life - which is usability and making things more clear in the HUD as well as menu's. Everyone works on this daily.

2. Monthly addition of missing core features. As I mentioned our October focus feature is first versions of Campaigns that ties into the World map. There is a small team doing this alongside our first priority. We'll discuss November's focus in today's Twitch at 2PM EST - twitch.tv/40kcrusade

3. Quarterly addition. A bigger feature, new map(s), the kind of things that takes months to achieve and create. This is various people over a longer period of time which still also contribute to our first priority. There is no secret, this is supposed to be Terminator Equivalent class and we've just received the 3D models from our partners. We'll show a bit on Twitch today as well.

This is called "timeboxing" and "leapfrogging". We timebox these priorities and we have teams leapfrogging when they finish and deploy their work.

Patch 1.0.15 is coming to UAT today and will simmer there over the weekend for deployment early next week. Patch notes will become available later but these are the highlights in accordance with our October focus. SM and LSM being an example as well as combat bugs.

- Inventory! Yes, new way of managing your stuff.
- Zedek should be back, as hard as usual. Zedek and Maggon will get larger changes when to have a more balanced win/loss ratio but that's a bigger operation. Other bugfixes and improvements to some maps.
- Space Marines and Chaos have had their armour increased slightly.
- Space Marines Tacticals now have a new piece of wargear available that gives them more armour.
- Space Marine Apothecaries now have a new type of heal grenade that lasts a short period of time but gives a heal over time.
- Orks got their biceps and chests increased in hp, their rear end put in a grinder for less hp and headshots doing damage according to brain size, so less headshot damage.
- Fixed various combat bugs and exploits that were creating imbalance.
- Many weapon tooltips have been added and improved.
- Camera shake radii have been significantly reduced.
- Many fixes for armour & appearance items, as well as weapon looks.
- The Requiem Heavy Bolter now has a dangling, smoking censor. Had to add some balls somewhere.

We keep on working on our priorities and October focus, we already have balancing based on all the data from last patch, more wargear and visual customizations, PVE improvements to maps and rewards, as part of our continuous first priority.

A fun thing is that you will see in action leapfrogging, because on UAT, Campaigns will be enabled as they are being worked on so you can follow the progress there and give feedback. They are being deployed in a couple of weeks depending on our progress but you can dig into it on UAT!

Have a great weekend everyone <3

Nathan

e. VV To be fair they do intend to release a patch every week. I genuinely have no idea what you're referring to since well, everything is broke in this dumb game but some things require more time fix than others.

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 14, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Ah, so they aren't actually fixing any of the biggest gameplay problems with this patch. Okay.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Orks got their biceps and chests increased in hp, their rear end put in a grinder for less hp and headshots doing damage according to brain size, so less headshot damage.

:newlol:

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Their priorities are making new poo poo to put on top of the already broken poo poo. loving great. Their priorities should be: fix completely missing graphics/icons, fix barely-working things like guild/war parties and terrain collisions on foot, then balance/gameplay features like world maps or whatever the gently caress.
I didn't really read it. It sounds like they are actually prioritizing bugfixing at least according to what they are saying, but seeing the patch notes is leaving me with a few questions I suppose, like why aren't guilds and war parties getting love yet. They don't/barely function.

Spudalicious fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 14, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
They're less important than the game itself working, since they function just enough on the war party front to allow for its intent, and guilds don't really matter. lovely, but priorities.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

BexGu posted:

Now all they need to do is make the Orks with the most teamkills slightly bigger then the rest so there is a chain of command for the rest to follow.

:orks:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I made a flow chart to help new Ork players.

e: There is a space marine guild called 'VM' and I witnessed them steamroll my team in a matter of minutes. I can only assume they were all on mumble or something, but I can't imagine 30 guildies in comms ever losing. Why isn't there a Chaos version?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 16, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Most of the large CSM clans are just groups of people who stick together for convenience plus a couple medium sized Russian sperg groups, so it depends on the hour whether you tend to run into the taking it too seriously CSM groups.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

lite_sleepr posted:

I made a flow chart to help new Ork players.

e: There is a space marine guild called 'VM' and I witnessed them steamroll my team in a matter of minutes. I can only assume they were all on mumble or something, but I can't imagine 30 guildies in comms ever losing. Why isn't there a Chaos version?

This owns.

Also yeah VM are shitlers.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Holeeee Sheeeeit.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 17, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
1.4GB patch today, no patch notes yet though.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Patch notes

Buffed marines nerfed everyone else
Game still bad

Edit: still no hats to buy

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

neonbregna posted:

Patch notes

Game still bad

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
How can you nerf chaos? Maybe the auto cannon?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Once again, they neglected to fix any of the big problems with the game and instead resorted to introducing more bugs to play around with. Oh, and they removed how much damage melee strong/sprint/air attacks do from weapons.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Nalin posted:

Once again, they neglected to fix any of the big problems with the game and instead resorted to introducing more bugs to play around with. Oh, and they removed how much damage melee strong/sprint/air attacks do from weapons.

They're rolling out the updates so that huge balance updates happen every ~ 2 months. Every week though, small cosmetic and quality of life updates are going to be the most common ones.

A bread crumb trail leading to fixes that address the game breaking balance issues that keep people from playing the game.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

BurtLington posted:

Also yeah VM are shitlers.

Heil Shitler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v609EnvYqOQ

Orv
May 4, 2011
Neither thread nor game is worth a subtitle.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

How can you nerf chaos? Maybe the auto cannon?

And PC.

I'm somehow not bothered by the marine buffs though. It is kind of funny that orks in a leather vest had the same armor rating as space marines is super-advanced space armor. Asymmetrical balance is cool.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Lassitude posted:

And PC.

I'm somehow not bothered by the marine buffs though. It is kind of funny that orks in a leather vest had the same armor rating as space marines is super-advanced space armor. Asymmetrical balance is cool.

It was reported that headshot multipliers are smaller for Orks because their brains are smaller. #Realism

SMs have the plasma cannon too :confused: Did the plasma cannon get nerfed all around?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Headshots do less because their heads are aliged with their chest due to how they slouch, so it's easy to just shoot centre mass and still get headshots. The small brain thing was just dumb flavour text.

PC didn't get nerfed for anyone. Just saying that Chaos could get nerfed via changing the PC.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
With the way they seem to be going with some of the balance and the fact that I splurged on BF1 like a moron :rip:

Hopefully in a couple of months when I'm bored again this games won't be a) dead b) in a decent shape. Got 100 hours into it since launch, pretty good return on funvestment ;)

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I, too, gauge time wasted as well spent rather than the quality of the time.

Quick someone do the math on how 100 hours = .60 cents a minute which must mean it was a good and worthy investment because a movie is merely 2 hours and
:goonsay:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't be playing the game unless I was having fun, much less put 100 hours into it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I was being an asspain and goonsaying myself.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn Quebec posted:

I was being an asspain and goonsaying myself.

:thumbsup:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
somehow I got 43 hours played? :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I'm also somewhat surprised I have so much time in this game. It has such a large list of issues and horrid imbalance. But I really like the melee system and the asymetrical factions. If they can just fix the bugs and balance things out, this game would really rock socks.

• Locked thread