Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

randombattle posted:

Yeah man they could have made like f2p be orks who are a bit weaker but make up for it in numbers of f2p users.

Seems they went with the weaker Orks side of it, because holy gently caress every game I've played as Orks we've lost, and not closely either.

Lassitude posted:

That was what they were going to do, but it's a stupid idea. Nobody wants to play underpowered guys.

It would be doable to have underpowered guys if they gave them much lower respawn times. Orks are the Green Tide after all :orks101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Whoever decided to allow melee guys to stun-lock people should be banned from game design :orks:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Ork - SquadOfGoons [G00N]

Should've named it The Goon Tide :colbert:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

BurtLington posted:

There's currently a spergy space marine clan called PG who are literally making GBS threads on everyone every game by pub stomping with about 30 of them. I usually just quit out of the match if I see them because a bunch of disorganized pubbies vs a clan who are all on teamspeak isnt fun at all.

Yea, I had a game against them. It was extremely unfun. I expect to lose as Orks but not that fast!

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Phoix posted:

I think this has the worst implementation of melee I've ever seen in a videogame but man it's fun running around as an Ork.

I can see the potential for the melee system, but the lovely netcode and clunky controls make it a massive chore to fight in melee, not to mention that going up against a dedicated melee class who has a power weapon means you have no counter beyond spamming melee for a clang and then dropping a suicide grenade. But otherwise, a rock-paper-scissors system with this kind of lag is crap.

Which is a drat shame, because the shooty part of the game is pretty good when the action heats up. It's not perfect, and holy gently caress do vehicles take a long time to kill unless you have a melta weapon (No Ork equivalent of course :orks:), but watching loads of boyz dakka everything is a sight to warm the heart.

Also, always be pressing T :colbert: (unless you're reloading, since the taunt cancels the reload).

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

If you parry them they'll be stunned for long enough for you to just shoot them directly in the head.

That would be awesome if it wasn't for the one-hit kill power attacks and the fact that the parry attack takes longer then the power attack to get off, especially against Eldar who can seemingly power attack as fast as they can quick attack. Combined with the rubber banding and the melee is just a great big mess.

Honestly, I'd massively prefer it if they removed the stun from the parry and made it an instant thing rather than what we have now, where you parry and then your guy gets locked into an animation while getting beat on. Hell, I'd prefer if they ditched the whole broken system, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

You should see the power attack windup coming and quick attack, or anticipate what your opponent is doing.

Buschmaki posted:

Trust me, you'll all believe me when I say the melee's good when the game stops freezing for 3 seconds at a time.

:colbert:

As I said, I can see the potential, but between bad lag and clunky controls, melee is a crapshoot that favours anyone with a power weapon.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Skoll posted:

I like the 180 this thread has made from writing the game completely off to "zomg its really fun!"

Schadenfreude central up in here.

Nobody is proclaiming the game to be the best game ever. It CAN be fun, when everything clicks just right, but there's a lot of stuff that causes rage, like lovely netcode, OP Eldar, loving PLASMA CANNONS :orks:, a weird and confusing melee system, a pointless PvE mode, crappy vehicles with terrible handling (probably appropriate for orks, but whatever) and just a whole host of other broken and unbalanced poo poo that's made even worse because underneath all the crap you can see a good game trying to get out. I just hope that by the time it does people are still playing, but I'm not holding out much hope right now.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Hihohe posted:

Im wondering if theyll add heavy classes sometime in the future.
Termimators for space marines and chaos. Meganobs for orks. Uhhh what would eldar get? Autarchs? Wraithguard?

Wraithguard would be the obvious choice, since they are big and stompy. Their loving guns though :stonk: plasma cannons are bad enough, but these fuckers....

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Popete posted:

What the hell doe the Orks get to deal with vehicles? Is it in the Loota class?

The Zzap gun is a lascannon. The power klaw can also do excellent damage, but it's bugged at the moment (no fast attack). There's also the super stikkbomb, which is a melta bomb minus the sticky because gently caress Orks I guess.

No melta gun though, looted or otherwise, because again, gently caress Orks.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm waiting with bated breath for some network improvements. The lag; It's bar none the worst part for me.

Yea, that's pretty much what's killing it for me right now. I can tolerate most of the other poo poo since running around as an Ork choppin' gitz and going on about all the stuff I'm gonna loot is still pretty fun. But dear god the lag at times. That above all else is what'll kill this game unless they fix is asap.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Nalin posted:

Does the hotfix solve the massive framerate issues that 1.0.5 introduced? I sure love getting 15 frames/second on Agnathion.

Dunno, I've crashed the last two rounds I played :ughh:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

So many things in this game are. Honestly it feels like an early beta which would still need months of balancing, tuning and polishing.

It IS an early beta which needs months of work, but Bandai wanted that dollar dollar so out it came.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

I'm currently weathering a down vote tornado on reddit because I hate one but aoe kills from plasma cannons. Get rid of those.

I honestly wouldn't mind plasma cannons if a) they downed rather then gibbed everything outside of a direct hit, and b) if they had a heat mechanic similar to the Bright Wizard in Vermintide. You shoot once, ok, you shoot twice, you overheat, you shoot three times, you take damage, you shoot four times, you explode and down anyone around you. And getting rid of the heat requires a lengthy 'reload' time.

That, or every time you charge into the red there's a chance of the gun exploding and killing you, since, y'know, plasma guns are unstable.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

I think a gun having a chance of randomly killing you in a videogame is a horrid idea.

Wouldn't make the game any different, you pretty much randomly die to plasma cannons anyway.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Do you genuinely think that's a good idea? No trolling?

Only in the sense of "gently caress plasma cannons and anyone who abuses them". I'd prefer the heat-forces-reload mechanic honestly (reaper launchers could just have a magazine that needs to be reloaded).

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Inimicul posted:

What are the odds this game will go F2P within 6 months?

Probably sooner, I doubt the game will survive all the triple-A's coming out over the next few months otherwise.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Why do I suddenly have 80 hours in this thing? :allbuttons:

Because you're lost control of your life.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

How are they coordinated?

"OI LADZ, GET A!"

"WAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!" :orks101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

neonbregna posted:

Hoping to confirm that death wing is bad also

The gameplay from the beta was good fun when it worked. The netcode was horrific. Fortunately, it seems that the publishers are actually not complete muppets since they pushed the release back about 5 days to give the devs time to sort it out.

• Locked thread