Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Having fun with this - they added Multimeltas and Power Mauls. They also optimized it, so it doesn't run like poo poo anymore.

This is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

The new map were you are pretty much sieging or defending a massive fortress is really fun. I am really looking forward to more components for this.

Yeah it felt pretty awesome now that they've upped it to 64 players. Fun to mow down swarms of marines with a heavy bolter :getin:

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

BadLlama posted:

When can I be a space elf.

Space Elves are coming within the next month or too I think.

Also yeah, Orks are no longer the F2P race. Pretty sure the game is just the standard buy to play and the cash shop is only for buying cosmetics.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I'm surprised they haven't nerfed Plasma Cannons, they're pretty OP right now.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

coconono posted:

if they made them a little more volatile, that would be sweet. Like a chance of it randomly exploding.

I've taken a break until they throw some type of progression in. And maybe some race/faction perks as well. Right now, they have the core mechanics fleshed out but thats it. The worst outcome is its a battlefield clone so they have something they can really build on.

I think they just need to lower the splash damage amount or radius. Random exploding sounds like it'll become really frustrating, but hell if it reduces the amount of people using it, I'm all for it.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Anyone else feel this game would be 10x better if players didn't die so easily? Like give everyone double the health they have now so there are actual melee fights that last longer than 3 seconds.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Everyone needs more health in this game. Like some other dude said, you can't have a melee fight without dying in two seconds and everyone gets mowed down too quickly. Paper armour 40k isn't fun.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

There's currently a spergy space marine clan called PG who are literally making GBS threads on everyone every game by pub stomping with about 30 of them. I usually just quit out of the match if I see them because a bunch of disorganized pubbies vs a clan who are all on teamspeak isnt fun at all.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Lassitude posted:

Meanwhile every ork clan is busy typing garbled "ork speak" to each other and otherwise roleplaying orks for some reason.

PG are even worse; they spam some latin battle cry. All 30 of them, is insufferable.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Say orc things from lord of the rings or warcraft for extra saltiness

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Xae posted:

When the servers lag I just throw a Krak grenade at my feet and run instead of meleeing.

Also rolling away works. When I'm playing as a Shoota, I usually mix between blocking, then rolling away and shooting.

Never not roll.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Whats the best way to use plasma guns as SM? Should I be overcharging for the big blast, or rapid firing? I cant seem to figure whats better when

I always use full auto fire unless I'm using the plasma cannon, which you should always charge for maximum tears.

Lately I've been playing as Ork and driving in a war truck around getting roadkills while my team spawns on me.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Ork Shootas get the rockit launcher too.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

So I live in Montreal and have been talking to the devs in discord, I might be getting invited to go into their office to visit. Any questions you guys want me to ask?

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bought the EC Founder's Pack because I'm a huge 40K sperg. I guess I should try it out now. Do you guys prefer MKB or gamepad for controls?

Gonna play today if you're around.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

:captainpop:

At least space marines get good anti vehicle weapons, unlike orks.

But yeah this game makes me rage hard when I try playing. It's a shame because it has some awesome moments, they're just pretty rare.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

So sticky grenades for Orks are dope. You can use them at point blank range and kill a group of enemies easily.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

There used to be in game VOIP and they removed it before/during EA. No idea why. I think the best players are usually Orks because they don't take themselves too seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

lite_sleepr posted:

I made a flow chart to help new Ork players.

e: There is a space marine guild called 'VM' and I witnessed them steamroll my team in a matter of minutes. I can only assume they were all on mumble or something, but I can't imagine 30 guildies in comms ever losing. Why isn't there a Chaos version?

This owns.

Also yeah VM are shitlers.

• Locked thread