Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
lets do this, shitlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah. A looot of good defense guys got picked up at the end of the draft for a dollar or two. This was my biggest fuckup during the draft... if I'd saved even like $8 for the end, I could be dominating.

My philosophy in IDP has always been to wait as long as gently caress on IDP, although JJ Watt was pretty beastly this week. I think I got Clay Matthews for $1 and he scored well this week.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Auction drafts are the best.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

poo poo, I'm supposed to be running a survey, aren't I!

Everyone please vote Yes or No:

1. Shall we update the League Rules to clarify that, while you may avoid busting your cap by acquiring a player that is already IR-slot eligible, by acquiring them and then immediately placing them into one of your IR slots; you still have to have a regular bench slot open in order to acquire any player? This is how ESPN is currently enforcing things.

2. Shall we update the League Rules to state that players who are designated as Out (officially, by the NFL, as reflected in ESPN's status designations) may be placed on the Injured Reserve, in addition to players designated as IR? This is how ESPN is currently enforcing things.

I will close voting when either both questions have enough votes that additional votes cannot change the outcome, or, in 1 week, whichever comes first.

1) yes (also kind of how the NFL works when you think about it.)

2) yes

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Ray finkle is making the rest of us look like retards.

Much like my running back, Tre Mason. 12yds. gently caress you, Tre.

Remember in the draft when y'all chastised me because I couldn't bid more than $2 for a player?

Also how much did Alonso go for? Lol

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
:romo: :romo: :romo:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
also i put Sam Barrington on IR

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Hey Finkle. Whats the matter? Cant beat the lowest scoring dude?

:(

Projecting IDP guys is tough, man.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I thought the salary on ESPN was adjusted and accurate on the ESPN side???

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah that is my bad then, I'll drop guys to make room on my bench if that is OK. I was under the impression that the ESPN FAAB budget was aware of overall salary. I'll drop dudes from my roster to make room then if that works, I already know who is on the chopping block.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah I'll stop dropping guys until this is figured out.

Doesn't the #2 option LM tool here allow for adjustment of FAAB $?

I play in another ESPN dynasty league where this is adjusted by the treasurer for salary cap on a weekly basis.

I didn't mean to gently caress up but if we're expected to manage our teams salary caps through the spreadsheet there should be checks + balances on that, because it was pretty easy for me to gently caress that up without realizing it.

Also requesting the spreadsheet and rules doc be placed on the ESPN league front page as well.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Welp. So how much do I have to bid? This has really taken the wind out of my sails, sorry for loving it up. My mistake for assuming this was being taken care of on the ESPN side, I guess.

Leperflesh posted:

So yeah we'd wind up with your cap being something that you can't manage on a daily basis if you suddenly want to add, drop, or trade players and you're close to your cap. How does your other league handle that?

Maybe we're overcomplicating this but the treasurer watches the transactions on the main page and adjusts FAAB accordingly. Then those FAAB transactions are checked by another commissioner. The FAAB edits show up on the main page transaction, too. It really isn't as difficult or complicated, even after reading through our rules again. At any rate, I motion that we look into getting this set up ASAP on the ESPN side.

So how much do I have to bid for guys now? Have I completely hosed myself out of getting either guy for my priority?

Also does the rules document show what rules were amended and when? I see the document was edited yesterday at 1:58PM, but no changelog on what was edited or added.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
well that sucks I guess but whatever. So we are NOT updating FAAB on the ESPN side?

re: charles Clay, Can't I just adjust my bid to be $14? Do I have to miss out entirely on him?

e: and why is my entire lineup on my loving bench?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

I dunno why your lineup is on your bench: I thought you did that.

The decision was to simply cancel your bids that were higher than your cap allowed, which means Clay went to the next-highest bidder, with waiver priority as the tiebreaker, so he belongs to Team McClean. I realize that sucks from your perspective, but we debated the other options and this is the way the commissioners were able to reach a consensus.

You could of course offer Team McLean some sort of trade to try and get Clay?

We could start updating FAAB on ESPN's side, but that hasn't been decided yet. I haven't heard anyone come up with a good way to deal with the contingent add/drop issue. If a majority of owners think the restriction is worth it for the convenience of not needing to monitor your cap, I'd be OK with it I guess.

My expectation is that sooner or later, all of the teams will be bumping up against the salary cap, though. At that point, being completely unable to do a contingent add/drop in any given waiver period is probably going to be pretty unpopular.

Turned out to be my adblocker doing some nonsense. Fixed it!

Re: FAAB/rules/salary - I don't know what they are doing special in the other league other than A) we start the season with FAAB = remaining salary cap space and B) they are adjusted after waivers process by one of the commishs

I was not in during the startup year and I'm not sure how they did the draft then, but I'll check. The annual rookie draft is not done on ESPN, it was done on fleaflicker or MFL, iirc. Remaining free agents are drafted on ESPN.

e: Actually I think we did do the draft on ESPN but we had to do two drafts? I can't remember now.

Spermy Smurf posted:

How does your other league handle the dropped players cap space?

Just tell us how and if its brilliant or we can make it work we will 100% do it ASAP. Implementing crap is not something we want to do, so trying to talk it out but the only idea put forward so far is my 'add 10$ to the number' isnt generating much chatter.

I'm not for implementing something that won't work for our ruleset, but in my other league the settings I can see are:

FAAB Budget: $500
Waiver Processes 1 day
FAAB Settings: Waivers

No team has a FAAB budget of more than $120 currently. In that league I've just always gone by my FAAB as my remaining salary.

I'll stop whining and admit defeat though, mainly because I just want to watch football. I think a good idea would be to put this and any other byelaws front and center on the main page of ESPN, I did see the links which are good - but anything that ESPN cannot specifically do we should probably have as a posted byelaw on the ESPN page.

Also, since I've lost my waiver priority for this week and basically any usefulness for waivers this week as well, I motion that this be the standard "punishment" or whatever for being and ignoranamus and not checking the rules before submitting your weekly waivers (whilst pooping)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Haha, just got a response from one of my other leagues' commish. Only thing he responded with?

https://github.com/vbudhram/fantasy-football-io

e: Might be able to get a copy of whatever node.js app they're using, that would be swell.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

stick Out dudes temporarily on the IR is an unanticipated bonus.

How does this work with salary cap management? Seems like an exploitable thing rather than a bonus.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
So instead of dropping a guy for a pickup on Tuesday/friday night when I'm putting in bids for guys, I can just move an Out player to IR and pick up my waiver pickup with the same salary cap hit as a guy on IR?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah that should work? I mean, it frees up a bench slot, and guys on IR cost half their salary to your cap. So if you have a guy who costs (say) $6, you could put him on IR to free up $3 worth of cap, and then put in a $3 bid for your temporary dude. If you win him, then he takes up that $3 of cap space you freed up. (This still costs you $3 of your $100/year FAAB budget of course.)

Just be aware that the instant a player is no longer qualified to be on your IR, ESPN will prevent you from making any roster changes including moving guys between bench and starter until you get that guy off your IR.

So let's say a guy doesn't play on Sunday, he's Out, until ESPN decides to update his entry to show him Questionable for next week. If ESPN does that (say) Sunday evening, then you won't be able to change your roster for the Monday game until you get that guy off IR.

Got it, thanks.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Looking to trade my 2016 1st and second round picks, team name Ray Finkle. PM me and I'll pay my due for next year if we can work something out.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Spermy Smurf posted:

What do you need?

Hurt guys, young guys, whatever. If you have someone on the block I'm open to any and all offers.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Here is who I'm willing to trade 2016 picks for:

code:
Lev Bell - 1st round
Gurley - 1st and 2nd round
Amari Cooper - 1st and 2nd round
Allen Robinson - 1st and 2nd round
Lamar Miller - 2nd round
Diggs - 1st round
Martavis Bryant - 2nd round
Julio Joness - 1st round
Jordan Matthews - 1st round 
If any of ya'll are interested in increasing your future pick depth, I'd be willing to take any one of these guys off your hands.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Especially for a loving rookie. A single rookie. Holy poo poo.

Calm your tits, I'm willing to package other players too. I'm not just talking draft picks, but that is what I'm looking at in terms of rookie drafts.

Some of ya'll teams should be in serious rebuild mode right now if you're not in contention, just saying.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
He is on my bench right now but it doesn't look like Spencer Ware has gotten points this year at all, even though he has been killing it. I'm in another ESPN league with him and he does have points there, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Sounds good to me. We should really move this to My Fantasy League next year if we can.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
when my team does poo poo next year can we rebalance again? lmao

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

We could just rebalance every year, actually, yeah.

why

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
yeah that sounds no fun at all. Sorry about the lovely teams in other divisions, but I see no reason why my team (or division lol) needs to suffer for other teams' mismanagement :smuggo:

maybe don't spend $15 for kiko alanso next time

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

Here's a few more things to consider;

The worst four teams (by regular-season record) get the first four draft picks in rounds 1 and 2. If someone is capped out and has to drop an Antonio Brown, he's going to go to one of those terrible teams and provide them with a big boost, especially at a lower salary.

But: draft picks are tradeable. So if you are the one having to drop AB, you can trade with the team with the #1 pick, for their pick. You can offer multiple players if you want, as well as your own picks. So if you're picking sixth, you could trade up, offering your #6 pick, plus two good players whose salaries total more than that $20 that AB is gonna cost... or whatever.

Second: The whole point of escalating salaries is to force those high-value players back into circulation. And since draft picks are set by record and also tradeable, each high-salary guy forced back into circulation is most likely to go to a struggling team, but not definitely.

And third: you have $250 of cap space. Players only go up by 10% a year. That means Antonio Brown is only going up by six bucks this year, and that's the largest jump in the league. If you really really want your guy, you can keep him. Antonio Brown is probably keepable right the way up to $100+, for a team that has carefully held on to bargains elsewhere. The Gridiron Chefs have led the league, and they have $64.50 of cap space left. Finkle has $21. The Chefs' highest-paid player is Andrew Luck at $33, who is only going to cost $36 next year, while Finkle will see AB go to $61, Gronk go to $54, Hopkins go to $39, and Forte go to $39. That all fits (barely) under his current cap space. He can drop any one of them and free up cap space, or just manage as-is.

So I think it's quite unlikely that more than two or three big-name players wind up going for a huge bargain, even at $22. We could adjust those numbers if you want to (and I'll hold a vote if there's enough call for it), but it's not going to affect that many teams, and it's only going to penalize teams that have multiple high-value players on their benches... so in other words, blowing your whole salary on five guys and then 20 1-dollar scrubs is a short-term strategy, which everyone could have figured out before our draft this year and some folks obviously took into account when drafting.

Forte is up for trade btw. Willing to take any number of garbo running backs or picks for him.

Offseason dynasty is the best. Forte is in a contract year and I'm betting he'll end up on a contender next year - or watch him run for 1500 yards in Dallas next year or something. Dwayne Allen will probably get featured somewhere like Tampa Bay or Atlanta too - pretty excited about that.

I'll keep antonio up to $249 if I could ~~

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I like doing it with salaries increasing every so often. Also will force trade movement etc. Keeper rules need not apply other than that I think.

I would love to see taxi squads implemented, which would be like some more roster spots. Also in favor of another IR spot, but this is effectively all stuff to thin the Free Agent pool, so not sure if ya'll would like that or not.

Also maybe move to MFL next year before the rookie draft? The interface blows compared to ESPN, but it is feature rich for dynasty. We could add the cost of entry on to the league fee if that would work.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Jordan Matthews on the waiver wire... this league... :cmon:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
matthews is like a top 20 WR dynasty asset hth

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'll take my payout to my paypal address, thanks

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

gently caress, I keep forgetting to post in this thread.

kazak_Hstan, do you want a payout, or would you prefer a credit against next year's dues? Gyshall, since you didn't specify, I'm assuming you want the full payout.

Full payout please

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Did prize payments go out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.