Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Greetings sirs!

New SA member and new to dynasty leagues, I have a lot of reading to do. I'll try to keep up! I'll be administering the Balls of Fury team - formerly Percy Riot. My usual nickname is Vecna or some variant but it was taken.

therealVECNAmfers fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard

Leperflesh posted:

Welcome aboard, Vecna!

Take your time to absorb the rules. The immediate things you'll need to do:
-Claim your team, if you haven't already
-Team rosters will be locked on Saturday night, ahead of the rookie/free agent draft on Saturday the 3rd. Be sure to drop any players you want to drop (to make room for rookies/free agents, and/or to get more room below your salary cap) before then. At the moment your total player salary is only $180, though, so you have $70 worth of cap space to draft with which should be plenty. You can also try to trade away/for players instead of dropping them if you want. Any trade deals can include draft picks in this or a future draft... but if you want to trade future draft picks, you (and your trade partner) have to pay the dues for that future year in advance. E.g., to trade 2017 picks, you have to pay your 2017 dues first.
-Keepers also need to be selected by saturday night. Every player you didn't drop is probably a keeper, unless you're about to trade them. At the very top of the MFL page click Reports > Franchise > Keepers. Check all the boxes and then click Select Keepers.
-Bookmark this thread. You can do that with your browser's bookmarks, or, SA has a bookmark feature - click the yellow star in the corner of the first or last post, and visit "User Control Panel" (http://forums.somethingawful.com/usercp.php) at any time to see all of your bookmarked threads.

I've already received your dues for this year, so you're good there. You'll want to review our rules at your leisure, particularly stuff like scoring, the tournament format, etc. If you want to receive emails at something other than the email you provided for MFL, let me know: otherwise that's how I'll try to contact you e.g. next summer when we're getting ready for another year, or if you're owed a prize, that kind of thing.

On SomethingAwful, we don't sign our posts - if you do that in well-trafficked threads, you might get a probation.

Thanks Leperflesh! Haven't played in a league with defensive players in some time, need to get acclimated with that again. Should have my team setup later today or tomorrow. But yeah.. it's already under cap so that works out nice.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
no objections to the suspended players on IR

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
whoops.. I should've read page 26. I dumped bridgewater and ladarius green (before catching up on the thread) since they're both IR, it let me drop them but it still shows them on my keeper list.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Captain Swing could destroy an entire loom with one swing of his sledge hammer!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I need more injuries on my WR's.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Grandpa Gates has always been pretty impressive playing through injuries and still having multi-TD games but it's time to hang up the cleats for both of those players. I'm still trying to figure out who Charles Johnson is.. never even heard of the guy!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
stupid Watkins.. sigh

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Woke up this morning and already had 36 pts.. pretty sweet!

Now if I could just figure out how to break the combined 20pt barrier with my RB's. What a bunch of turdsluts.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
took a gamble benching cam newton vs mariota ... looks like that one paid off, some of my other choices.. not so much.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Before this season started I had no clue who Landon Collins was.. but I've definitely taken notice! he pwns!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I need andy dalton to sprain his mangina in the first quarter and landon collins to get 3 defensive TD's... it could happen.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard

Leperflesh posted:

I desperately need this win. I started this year going 4-0 and then I lost five games in a row.

So, of course that's exactly what's going to happen, and it'll especially sting because I could have secured a very solid win already if I'd started Colin loving Kaepernick and maybe any other WR on my roster than Sammy Coates.

gg. Andy Dalton didn't get the memo but he wasn't fantastic either. I thought maybe Rashad Jennings was going to make a difference but .. no, my RB situation is probably the worst scenario I've ever encountered in any league I've ever played. What a basket of deplorables.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Ahh I must've been looking at another dude or the stats weren't refreshed.. actually Jennings wasn't too bad considering the past performances of my dumpster fire of a RB squad

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
cool story bro! I can't seem to muster 20 fuckin points with my gimp RB's so I think you'll be good. Hopefully Rawls will be good next year. My WR group isn't too shabby... except for the part where the cardinals throw 2 passes to Fitzgerald in the 1st quarter then forget about him the entire game. panicking palmer doesn't help matters either. have fun in the real playoffs, jackasses!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Can I drop one of my players to waivers and put my injured reserve guy (Abdullah) back on my team?

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Gratz hixalot!

I'll be back this year, milky lickers!

How do I pay again?

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
will be sending payment in the next day or so

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
paid

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
np!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
ffs whatever I'm just ready to click on stuff and move my guys around and click buttons and poo poo. I don't like drafting if it's a full moon and also I don't like drafting if mercury is in retrograde.. that really hosed me up this month.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Aug 31st, Sept 1st both fine for me... after 9:30est is fine, preferably later. I'm MST.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I don't have a prob moving waiver period to sat evening.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
So... if a player has a bad season will their salary be adjusted downward in the next year or how does that work?

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
ok

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I just wanna play UO with insta-hit hally's again

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
yo Titoons who you gonna draft first?

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I'm drinking day blazer from new belgium.. it's only rated like 3 stars but I seem to like it

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
brandon marshall and his 1 reception can go eat a bag of dix

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
started jarrad davis vs thomas davis in week 2 cuz there was a mention that thomas davis had a knee injury (iirc)

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
that's hella close. think the previous score was 127-130 (?) in favor of Spermy. I seem to recall a 3 pt gap. More point adjustment is in order for sure! About .3 should do it!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I keep hitting refresh but my points aren't going up!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Is that an accurate score for Bobby Wagner? 12.5pts for 4 tackles, 2 assists, 1/2 sack 1 fumble recovery and a TD? seems low for all that

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
week 8 is stupid

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
trump can eat a dick I should get at least a few title bumps for being on teh internets since I was 14 and I am now much older than 14

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
changed my bid from 43 to 46 right before I went to bed.. something in my head kept telling me 46. bam!

therealVECNAmfers fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 28, 2017

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
That leg injury of Zach Miller was pretty nasty.. they should've given him the TD on that one.. anybody would've let go of the football at the end of the play after catching it like he did

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Still trying to figure out how the Rams managed to put up 51pts and Watkins only got one lousy TD.. and 2 targets! trade him to the bears or something

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Blake Martinez my hero! gratz on chef's first win. the stars were in alignment I guess.. Aaron Jones put up a 2 burger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
john fox needs to be fired.