Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Dungeon Meshi is really good and I wish it had more than 5 chapters.

Volume 2 came out in Japanese recently, so at least there is more material on the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The coolest part of Dungeon Meshi is how the ecosystem of the giant Dungeon is and how monsters adapt to it are laid out because I loved reading the old DnD books that dealed with that kind of stuff. The moving armor being a weird kind of clam monster colony inside normal armor instead of 'a Wizard enchanted armor for the lulz' is pretty awesome.

Same. It feels very Gygaxian.

I can hardly believe I used the word Gygaxian, but there it is.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Fellis posted:

I have no clue where raws are compared to translations

Volume 2 just came out a few weeks(?) ago, so there is not a huge amount of material untranslated.

The author, Ryouko Kui, also tends to do short stuff (this is already by far her longest work), so I have trouble imaging it goes beyond maybe 4 volumes or so.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I apologize for derailing the Dungeon Meshi thread, but I found this:

This is all that's translated so far (there's another 20 strips or so untranslated, with new ones coming out every so often), but "people running an inn in a fantasy rpg setting" felt like it fit the thread.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Davincie posted:

any relation to this?
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/isekai-izakaya-nobu-r18302
which is a seinen about running an inn, in a fantasy setting, no english translation btw!

Nope, but thanks for reminding me that exists! I bought the first volume on a whim a while back but only got a couple chapters in. Vaguely reminded me of Bartender, but the customers are all fantasy-setting people and instead of alcohol it's modern Japanese izakaya food.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I guess it doesn't surprise me that this thread has a lot of people with D&D experience, though I would've expected a poster named Elfgames to know what metamagic meant :colbert:

Clarste posted:

It's been like that since at least 3rd edition, although it was just flavor text with no gameplay relevance.

I think there were some spells/feats/prestige classes in some splat books where it mattered, but yeah not in the core game. It was a fairly big deal in 4e though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Having an "English" title has never stopped a publisher from giving a manga a new title before. It could be a placeholder title maybe?

If they want to keep it "D&D", why not Dungeons & Delicacies (or Dungeon Delicacies I guess)?