Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Squidster posted:

The cooking gods have smiled upon us, because there's new Dungeon Meshi already.

http://bato.to/read/_/343272/dungeon-meshi_v1_ch7_by_everydayheroes-scans/1

I legit felt nauseous reading this chapter.

Laius is kinda scary when he gets all worked up about eating monsters :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Slime posted:

Even the swords they use are made the same way.

New party member / emergency rations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't remember seeing it stated but they looked a lot like hermit crabs so that would make sense. I bet they move into bigger chests as they grow :3:

Want to see that? Well you're in luck then!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New Delicious Dungeon.

It's the ciiiiiiircle of liiiiife.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 21, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The author's other works (Terrarium in a Drawer, The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children) show that he's consistently good at blending the fantastic with the ordinary and at worldbuilding, and Delicious Dungeon is no exception.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

New Delicious Dungeon!

In which we go outside the dungeon to the outer world, and learn some LORE. Yay!

What I got from this chapter: loving elves ruin everything, as they always do :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

They should feed the dragon some random herb they find around the dungeon. That way it's gonna get baked.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Dungeon Meshi - I remember well-planned encounters that end up a lot like this.

Kensukeeeeeeeeee :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Holy loving poo poo they actually loving did it :stare: :black101:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Good for you!

Incidentally, are there any other manga out there that are as clearly D&D-based as Dungeon Meshi. I heard that "Record of the Lodoss War" was basically a retelling of someone's D&D campaign, should I check that out if I liked Dungeon Meshi?

I liked Lodoss, but it's not quite like Dungeon Meshi. It's straight fantasy, for one, and it tends to be quite epic and melodramatic in tone.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Also, another classic: Slayers is v.good.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Huzzah! :unsmith:

Part of me was waiting for the twist of "PSYCH! It turns out the skeleton's not actually Farlyn's at all, it's a random dragon victim and she's deeper into the dungeon", but I'm glad I was wrong.

Now eat the dragon :unsmigghh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New Goodnight, Demon Castle chapter.

Who is the real monster here? Is it the actual, literal monsters, or is it the princess? It's the princess. Most definitely.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm sorry, this is all very interesting, but there's something more important at stake here: run away, Kensuke, run! :gonk:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dinners & Dragons.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

A translated artist log from Ryuko Kui including some Dungeon Meshi art notes.

Farlyn wearing Laius' armor is adorable and it looks like she has a lot more planned for the series, so we'll be getting more Dungeon Meshi yet!

It's incredible and amazing how creative and talented Kui Ryoko is.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Misandry Cannon posted:

Dungeon Meshi is good and pure. Also I get the distinct impression from reading that Marcille might have a crush on Farlyn.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

PSA for all the Italians in this thread (if there are any besides me): Dungeon Meshi volume one is out, published by Edizioni J-POP under the title "Dungeon Food".

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Delicious Dungeon
Dungeon Food
Dungeon Dining
Dungeons & Dining
Dungeons & Delicacies
Beat Bobby Flay

Could've used any of these titles, Yen. Literally any of them.

Still think Dinners & Dragon is the best choice.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah but for resurrection you need a corpse, or at least bones. That's why it's proper manners, when you run into a corpse, to put it someplace it'll be found by someone capable of casting the correct spell (or, failing that, carrying it back to the surface). Kabru and his team killed the other party and dumped their bodies into the lake.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Makin' a list, checking it twice.
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
Santa Claus is coming to town the Princess' room :getin:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

lmbo

"You don't have to worry about orcs anymore!"
"We don't have to worry about orcs? ... ... What do they taste like?"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You know what? I agree with how the sociopath handled things here. When a boss-level monster that was formerly your friend is wiping your party and doesn't respond to reason, putting her down is the only solution.

But I'm talking as an outsider with nothing at stake here. Laius and Sureau might will see it differently.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

HenryEx posted:

Oh..... Uh, hey, remember this earlier on?

(spoilered for :nws:)

Suddenly it makes sense

Oh my god :laffo:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think that's the case. Laius at least knows what Marcille's spellbook looks like, Marcille taught him some magic a while back.

I MUST CONSUME

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Judging by the I MUST CONSUME, they understand him plenty.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Hahaha, "No one would get excited seeing a naked beastfolk anyway" - Marcille covers her up immediately, and then blindfolds Laius :allears:

I love the characters in this manga :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm the exasperated ghost that's been following the party for a while trying to get their attention, only for Laius to reveal that he could see me all along :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Artificer posted:

What's world customizer about?

Isekai. Dude is transported to a medieval-like world (with magic) and discovers he can literally access the developer console for the world and use it to create / destroy things instantly and effortlessly.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The only thing that comes to mind is that the society is basically divided into magic users (nobles and such) and non-magical people (second-class citizens), and the protagonist finds himself in the middle of this class struggle.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I've started reading the manga for the Devil Is A Part-Timer, and just got to the first chapter past where the anime ended (if you've not seen it, it's definitely one of the better comedy anime of the last decade). I definitely noticed the manga significantly toned down the cheesecake, especially with chiho, who no longer has watermelons strapped to her chest. It focuses way more on the shenanigans and does an appreciable job of doing the same scenes the anime did, though the fight scenes were far, far better in the anime(the scene where maou just gets right up in lucifer's face INSTANTLY, and the charge-up punch were both well worth watching the anime for).

I just started the first non-anime-related chapter and it immediately starts off strong:

Not sure how far the manga goes, iirc the light novels go for quite a while? So I'm not sure if they caught up or what.

Quick question: what's the first non-anime-related chapter? As in, what chapter number?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks! :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Grab 'em if you want. I might make more later (this chapter has some very good faces).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Isekai was a mistake.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Inceskai is definitely a thing. I wanna say No Game No Life is the prominent example that springs to mind.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Japanese doesn't really have pronouns per se? Like he / she / they / whatever, or if they do have pronouns they're very seldom used since the subject of a phrase is supposed to be obvious because of context, etc.

(Note, in case it wasn't clear since I often don't get my point across very well: I'm agreeing that the he/she thing is added in the translation, I was just speculating why that might be.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

In the new chapter of Flying Witch: suddenly, plot.