Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The coolest part of Dungeon Meshi is how the ecosystem of the giant Dungeon is and how monsters adapt to it are laid out because I loved reading the old DnD books that dealed with that kind of stuff. The moving armor being a weird kind of clam monster colony inside normal armor instead of 'a Wizard enchanted armor for the lulz' is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Slime posted:

Apparently the armour might not be normal, but instead the mollusc's shell. They each form a little part of it and come together into a colony. Even the swords they use are made the same way.

Oh huh I just saw that omake.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gary Gygax ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leper Residue posted:

What is left after you eat a dragon?

May I recommend you the Manga "Toriko"?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

Laius checking out the orc ladies :ughh:

He's a homeboy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cartoon laius is gonna spend eternity trapped on the painting. Horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Good for you!

Incidentally, are there any other manga out there that are as clearly D&D-based as Dungeon Meshi. I heard that "Record of the Lodoss War" was basically a retelling of someone's D&D campaign, should I check that out if I liked Dungeon Meshi?

Red Dragon :troll: