Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
The real lesson here is not to eat raw meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Advokat might not be super familiar with Japanese monsters.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Sekai maou isn't really isekai given how no one's from another world, though it does have the common demon lord/hero and some other tropes. I really like it though. Not many stories of this ilk have this much existential musing. Only thing getting it down is the characters who are perverts.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

tonberrytoby posted:

I think Maou is described as being from another world. Or at least she wakes up with no memory and thinks she is from another world. Or maybe I am remembering it wrong.

I don't recall her being described as being from another world at all. Waking up with no memories yeah. But the story heavily resolves around her learning more about the world, previous demon lords and heroes, and herself.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
I've dropped a series before over translator fuckery about trans characters' pronouns (Liar Game). I'm trans myself so reading stuff like that especially bothers me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Venuz Patrol posted:

god that twist was awful, although at least the author wised up and eventually retconned her to be a straight up trans woman later. she ended up being a pretty great character in the long run, but i totally understand dropping the series over the initial introduction

That wasn't the issue. The issue was that the fan translators insisted on using masculine pronouns for her. The official translation if there's one might be better.