Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So Namari is a dwarf, right? She's an expert in craftmanship and physically tougher than a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, I think it's sort of reasonable that the food we eat in modern times would shock most ordinary people from earlier eras. We have access to a whole world of ingredients and spices for comparatively dirt cheap. Not to say that these foods didn't exist, just that most people would never have gotten the chance to eat them, because they'd be too expensive. Importing a bunch of different ingredients from potentially different climates and whatnot is hard.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Dungeon Meshi - I remember well-planned encounters that end up a lot like this.

...Is mithril more or less impressive than adamantine?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The page only says that the "chances of a successful resurrection drop drastically". First of all, it's still just a chance and they could always get lucky. Second of all, "successful resurrection" isn't clearly defined. Maybe it's still possible to resurrect these people, but they lose something in the process, like being crippled for example. Farlyn being stuck in a wheelchair is still better than her staying dead.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

They dragon's not being asleep is an odd point. I'm of the mind that the skeleton isn't Farlyn's but probably one of a female orc (since males have horns on their heads). Doesn't explain why the staff found its way inside the dragon though. But since we never see Farlyn get eaten I'm still holding out that she's just deeper in the dungeon.

They saw Farlyn get eaten though, didn't they? And the dragon was also identified. I didn't feel like there was any room for ambiguity; if that's not her skull then that just means that there's even less of her body left.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Once again, forbidden magic solves all problems.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's been like that since at least 3rd edition, although it was just flavor text with no gameplay relevance.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Catgirl seems like a mix of Chilchak and Elf, which is probably why she was taken out for being redundant.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Elfgames posted:

I didn't disagree with the metamagic part dummy just that she was already a wizard

Sorcerers aren't wizards, nerd.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Elfgames posted:

yeah and she aint a sorcerer cause she learned magic in a school

Yeah, but the idea of the original post was that she took a level in sorcerer on account of being reborn in dragon blood and casting a spell intuitively. So she's a level 10 wizard and level 1 sorcerer or whatever.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Wouldn't they run into annoying legal issues with Dungeons & Dining?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I got the impression that he thought they were involved in some kind of insurance scam.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's a dragon that's been completely melted down into blood. I don't think it has a form at all, it's just a shapeshifter that chooses whatever it prefers at the moment.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

The sexual organs of plants are in the flowers.

Yeah, this is a biology joke, like the catgirl having no breasts but many nipples.

I don't know how elf biology works at all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I haven't read this series, but the question isn't "why does no one copy him?" it's "why has no one else in the player-base ever independently discovered that this is good?" MMOs are not a genre known for having secretly OP builds. There are lots of people constantly trying everything in hopes of gaining even a marginal advantage.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

VictualSquid posted:

Why do those descriptions always focus on the parts of the conflict that gets resolved withing the first chapter?

Probably because the descriptions are written when only the first chapter is out.