Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

AgentHaiTo posted:

LOL when Laius just gave Marcille that piece of tentaclus while she was sick and couldn't refuse.

Also, if that new dwarf just thonked Laius on the head with the arrow, why did the monster let them go? I must have missed it. Did Laius' snail sword do something?
Laius is imagining her shooting him in the head on accident because he just found out she's never actually shot a crossbow before. She didn't actually hit him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

"Too horny" I say, carefully driving my big rig around the candidate

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

As far Isekai goes, the Spider one is practically anti-wish fulfillment. She was reborn in the body of a spider, incapable of communicating with other humans, had to flee from her new mother and siblings in order to avoid being eaten, as well as many other creatures more powerful than her, and is constantly forced to eat foul tasting poisonous creatures in order to survive.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

tonberrytoby posted:

To bring things back to manga:
Kumo desu ga had an Anime announcement.
hell yeah, for real? Who's it getting animated by?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Its true that most isekai is wish fulfillment, but as I understand it most isekai is also written by teens? Like its fanfic that got popular enough that manga people approached them or whatever

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

Piers Anthony has some good stuff it's just that he made the mistake of making a world about puns and taking suggestions on what puns to put in the next book.
as bad as the puns are, I'm more concerned about PA's pedo poo poo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I don't have a problem with the protag getting cheats, per se, a lot of heroes in media get something similar, but explained in greater detail because they don't have a handy shorthand for the concept. I have similar feelings about advancing quickly in power. My problem with a lot of isekai I see is when the protag essentially (or literally) gets a blank check from god. Kumo met her "god" and understood immediately that she wasn't giving her cheats out of the goodness of her heart. The situation has a very deal-with-the-devil feel to it - which, admittedly, could still go nowhere. Hopefully we'll see some of that soon, with Taboo finally coming into play

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Kumo Desu Ga anime is looking... real bad...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNhf50Hfn3k

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I can deal with CG, its Kumo's design that puts me off it

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Am I the only one that thinks the bad CGI fits with the theme of being in a computer game world?
that doesn't make it more pleasant to look at

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is this not the Isekai thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bard Loen chapter 16

Stablos...