Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

But it's really bland and doesn't feel earnest at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Compendium posted:

Japanese people really like food and really love their own food and I can't find that kind of niche (or I'm not looking hard enough) where fictional people really loving love their booze and chow in Western media outside of certain movies or just straight up cooking shows from Youtube and television.
That is true, Japan has made an art of going insane over food, whether it is deserved or not. On the other hand, you have the third chapter's character, who is a pale imitation of the antagonist from Ratatouille, going through the same forgotten-childhood beats while losing himself to the taste of Napolitan while referencing bolognese and puttanesca. The former is not going to be better, except if this was to be nothing but back-patting for Japanese/izakaya food.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Ugh, that sounds like such a wankfest.
Also the art on the food is really boring and naming it after Nobu is really embarrassing. But the waitress girl is cute.

What would be a better story would be that eager knight following the chef or the assistant into the modern world and going in-depth on a food journey. A medieval palate trying WcDonald's could be fun. Then again, that isn't going to be KARAAGE OISHII~~~~~

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

What kind of nutter puts mayo on pizza
A fat man with a Poirot mustache:
"Bwa -- what is this? I've had pizza margherita, but this ... these ribbons of unctuous mayonnaise and jewels of sweet corn. This taste! It is transcendent!"

Izakaya chef:
*nods knowingly*

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Don't read Izakaya Nobu.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

No, but I will not be surprised when it happens in a later chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

as with most things, wakako-zake gets it right. she enjoys her pub food without having weird food orgasms.
I like this food lady and her round head. Is there a food manga thread?