Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Archduke fire dragon is a dreamboat <3

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I also like big ol titties

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fellis posted:

I love how obsessed the scanlators are with the elf girl spinning on her head. its really funny fanart

Also when they first said there was some dungeon master to defeat i thought it might be the dungeon chef dude but hopefully this manga runs longer than that lame ending
If I had to take a guess they might turn the dungeon into a world-famous hunt-your-own-game reserve and teach people monster cooking recipes. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Serious Frolicking posted:

I don't think dungeon meshi should be an extended epic.
There's an awfully large D&D bestiary to eat through. I wouldn't mind it going for a long time so long as the author could find inventive ways of eating dungeon critters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's such a fun concept though I could see someone really taking a shine to writing it.

Beholder noodle soup! Kobold Kebabs! Manticore Barbecue! There's got to be hundreds if not thousands of creatures that could be eaten. I know it doesn't necessarily have to go on forever, but it doesn't need to end soon either, nor does it need to end with the defeat of the dragon/rescue of the sister.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Dungeon Meshi!

I am absolutely amazed at the creativity every single chapter has, seriously. This was a brilliant idea for a chapter, and despite it being technically filler, it still was just as good as the rest of it!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I realized that after a second read-through but didn't edit my post, if it's a history of the fallen city that'd be an interesting route to take, I assume once they rescue his sister.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also that it's a sometimes fairly wordy series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah. This one definitely was a good diversion from just focusing on cooking, and working in backstory (and a death montage, I love those!) and more ways the dungeon creatures work (treasure bugs being mimic parasites, eating the mimic's insides and leaving the chest-shell as a treasure bug hive to trick adventurers into helping them spread to new locations is downright inspired) as well as showing that they may bicker but they still care about each other. A fantastic chapter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is really pushing to be in my top 5 favorite manga ever. It's really just perfect, I can't think of anything to complain about. It's got consistency, great characters, great humor, good reasonable drama that doesn't overstay its welcome, fantastically creative details about dungeon life and ecosystems, plot twists like with this chapter, and plausible, delicious-looking, yet impossible monster food. It really is just a magnificent series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So they're literally just hermit crabs, hah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Delicious Dungeon updated.

Yet another fantastic chapter, and this one's not even in the same dungeon! It's got some great world-building, I didn't expect that honestly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Delicious Dungeon

JESUS CHRIST THAT ESCALATED FAST

edit: Oh poo poo HELMETLESS SENSHI!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 22, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm dead

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Delicious Dungeon!

In which we go outside the dungeon to the outer world, and learn some LORE. Yay!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And with this chapter, Hero BBS comes to an end. I didn't feel the series initially but it grew on me, cute series. :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe...maybe it won't end

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What kind of nutter puts mayo on pizza

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is that a thing that happens?

lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The ending is a wet fart but otherwise ketchup ninja owns

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hate when people upload chapters out of order, someone put up a new VRMMO chapter on kissmanga but it skips ahead 3 chapters and I didn't notice until I was done :negative:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh no, with the latest VRMMO chapter, I've yet again been hoodwinked into reading a harem series!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jackard posted:

Haven't gotten that far but sounds unsurprising, life has been too easy for this protagonist

Something about LN writing in general (their attitude and manner of speaking) is sort of obnoxious. It must be a Japanese thing.
Is VRMMO based on an LN? That's a shame. It's actually been surprisingly well-written for a series that is basically about leveling up in an MMO.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Have they said whether it's going to end soon or not? With what happens in the chapter and particularly on the last page I could see it going on for multiple volumes. Lots of loose ends that could lead to good storylines.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new World Customize Creator chapter out.

If you've not read it yet, it's one of my favorite "fantasy world/game-something" type of manga, except instead of it being some VR thing(that we know of), dude gets transported to a fantasy world that is kinda Avatar The Last Airbender-ey in terms of magic powers, and that's all well and good, except he's got access to console commands. So, like, in order to stop some dudes from fighting, he spawns a massive super high and thick brick wall between the two forces, or spawns a tower that...towers over a castle so he can get a good look at things. Or spawns incredibly powerful magical items. It's pretty laid-back most of the time, though occasionally reminds you that yes, there's some serious prejudice between factions and benders/normal humans, and also the magical powers are dangerous.

I like that despite the MC being INSANELY powerful, on the level of a godlike being thanks to his access to the console commands, he still just mostly chills out and does silly things like make a go-cart for a princess, or sleeping bags.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 22, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Everyone is much cuter this chapter.

I call this...Chopperfication.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fellis posted:

Haha remember like a year ago when people (myself included) were anticipating this wrapping up soon and then this last page

Hahahahahahaha
People were thinking it would wrap soon due to the author always ending things under 4 volumes.

Dungeon Meshi is far and away their most successful series iirc, so it makes sense to continue it, since they've got a ton of worldbuilding they can do.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

it's super true and also totally the appropriate response

this chapter was so drat packed with stuff happening, it's nuts. Christ, that was good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

i flunked out posted:

gfuckkkk

dag son, find myself agreeing with the crazy dude that hates laius.

Which, the psychopath, or the emaciated samurai? Both are rather crazy

Farlyn DOES look super cool. She's like a harpy-dragon-quelagg chimera.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nope

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

khy posted:

I understand, and it's hard to put down exactly what gives it such an odd vibe to me. I'm sure a large part of it is how the MC fighter (Laius or something like that?) is so focused on food and eating monsters while his sister was eaten and is being digested. The fact that there feels like there's not much actual urgency to get to the dragon and help her really feels offputting. The dwarf also comes off as very strange and creepy.

I realize it's not very helpful to say that I can't pinpoint what makes it feel so weird, but I don't really know how else to explain it.
As was said, rushing through the dungeon is a good way to trigger traps, get ambushed by sentient monsters(orcs and such) or aggro a bunch of wild ones(basilisks and such), and exhaust yourself before long. Plus, there's a significantly lower fear of death, as so long as the remains are recovered, there's an almost guaranteed resurrection of anyone who has died while dungeoneering. They have no money so they have to cook and eat the monsters they fight to keep their health up, and Senshi helps this significantly with his knowledge of eating monsters, and Laius's knowledge of monsters in general. The dungeon is absolutely MASSIVE, remember. There's a few shots of zones of gigantic trees, and these areas are in dozens of layers. It's not like, a few football fields long, the dungeon is likely the size of something like Manhattan Island or bigger.

Like yeah they need to hurry, but at the same time, rushing brings its own dangers. And they're going deep enough that recovery of their bodies isn't guaranteed, because not as many people are going down that far.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Can't dig yourself out if you're already out of the hole, so this chapter was a great introduction to her! And looks like we get a version of that anthro character from the original pilot chapter of DM, right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and a new chapter!

it's very adorable, and also horrifying.

it's adorrifying.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The cooking segment was so hilariously out of place and just tossed in, great

Nightmares being just a bunch of clams was hilarious

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Black Mage Knight posted:

Izutsumi continuing trend of providing best faces.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well she's certainly adopted the attitude attributes of a cat, at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
bkub is the fuckin best

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A valiant attempt

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
To properly portray elves they must be in a constant state of "you are inconveniencing me with your presence".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in the latest World Customize Creator, we find a vintage meme in the wild!