Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Lately I have not been feeling like gaming at all. I used to game a lot but I'm 26 now, I'm out of college and I have a full-time job with irregular hours. Usually when I go home after work, I just gently caress around on the internet or read a book and then go to bed. The last game I binged on was probably Twilight Princess. I just can't play games for hours and hours, even if I feel like I might like to.

I've been thinking about getting a PS4 and MGSV because it seems like it's probably the best game of all time, but I keep stopping myself because it's gonna be about $400 and I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a hobby at this point in my life. Have any imps encountered this problem, and if so, how did you work through it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ive never had that problem

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I work long hours on a Panama schedule and I sort of feel your pain I guess but then I discovered games like EU4 that I can play a billion hours of and never tire of. The worst part about my strange times off is that it rarely lines up with my Gaming Crew's time off. Also just SMDH that you don't respect your gamer self enough to own a PC capable of playing a new game.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think that's Gamer Man's weapon.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
hook yourself to a car battery

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I sorta feel you OP. I'm 21 and while I still game hard I'm spending less and less time gaming. Maybe some people just grow out of it and some are lucky enough not to idk. Definitely play MGSV though, its the GOTY of the decade.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gaming will always be there when you're ready to come back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell man, do what makes you happy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Hell man, do what makes you happy.

probably super mario maker

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Ive been in a gaming rut and I broke it recently and I'm 3 stars away from 120 in Mario Galaxy 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going for 242?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
MGSV, the greatest game ever made, is out right now so if you don't wanna play that then idk maybe you are well and truly lost.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
green stars look cool so probably, it's a fun game

purple coin rainbow road was pretty bad but the worst galaxy was probably stone cyclone while i was trying to explore it and figure out where everything was

top 3:
flipout
beat block
throwback

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
play more multiplayer vs games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

green stars look cool so probably, it's a fun game

purple coin rainbow road was pretty bad but the worst galaxy was probably stone cyclone while i was trying to explore it and figure out where everything was

top 3:
flipout
beat block
throwback

The 242nd is a true challenge, it's a lot of fun. 2nd hardest 3D Mario level

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

how do you have a full time job and yet $400 is to expensive to spend on a hobby

Dec 26, 2012

if you don't feel like binging on games anymore, don't do that

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gaming will always be there when you're ready to come back.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sometimes I feel like gaming a lot, sometimes I don't, but there will always be games. That's the beauty of it. Gaming is good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've gone months without gaming before and it makes the return all the better.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Lately I have not been feeling like gaming at all. I used to game a lot but I'm 26 now, I'm out of college and I have a full-time job with irregular hours. Usually when I go home after work, I just gently caress around on the internet or read a book and then go to bed. The last game I binged on was probably Twilight Princess. I just can't play games for hours and hours, even if I feel like I might like to.

I've been thinking about getting a PS4 and MGSV because it seems like it's probably the best game of all time, but I keep stopping myself because it's gonna be about $400 and I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a hobby at this point in my life. Have any imps encountered this problem, and if so, how did you work through it?

Reddit.com/r/nofap will help you gain your lost energy back.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For me it was buying a Wii U. And now is never been a better time, since Super Mario Maker is coming out on Friday. Jump in.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Wow, it's almost out already. Seems like 9/11 comes earlier and earlier every year.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
give up on current gen and just buy a retron5 and reproz works for me

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Quirk posted:

give up on current gen and just buy a retron5 and reproz works for me

if you're going to buy repros just buy a dang flashcart for your system of choice

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

SeXReX posted:

if you're going to buy repros just buy a dang flashcart for your system of choice

fuk that I want a stack of games no ones heard of sitting next to my tv you goddamn kids wanting everything on demand without performing fellatio to make it work

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I wish there was a Kokatu article I could direct you to.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

ask your doctor about low T, friend

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

The 242nd is a true challenge, it's a lot of fun. 2nd hardest 3D Mario level

what's the hardest? my frame of reference is bad because i couldn't even do the pyramid stages in sm64

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

woofbro posted:

I wish there was a Kokatu article I could direct you to.

awesome point me to where a site where no ones mastered that contra thumb vibrato

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Quirk posted:

fuk that I want a stack of games no ones heard of sitting next to my tv you goddamn kids wanting everything on demand without performing fellatio to make it work

well yeah I have a big rear end stack of games no ones ever heard of but they're real copies

I buy Japanese most of the time because it's cheaper

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
weed

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I too, suffer from the gamers block

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

how do you have a full time job and yet $400 is to expensive to spend on a hobby

The piece of poo poo is probably a wage slave.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
fine with me if the op stops gaming, just means more games for the rest of us

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
An Xbone is fun and you can yell at your TV like on Star Tracks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

what's the hardest? my frame of reference is bad because i couldn't even do the pyramid stages in sm64

The hardest to me is Champion Road in Super Mario 3D World. It's a monster

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

An Xbone is fun and you can yell at your TV like on Star Tracks.

Yell at my rear end.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Do you have any friends that game, op, because they were what got me back into it after I was in the gaming doldrums.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
improve your sleep and excercise schedule so you have more energy for gaming, op hth :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
you could also get really into diablo, dota 2 or cs:go

• Locked thread