Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I wish that previous read posts wouldn't load on a page like the app does. Then an option to shows the read posts on that page if you want. That would save some bandwidth for sure.

I don't have the problem because I use the app and adblockers, but I think I'll finally break down and buy the no-ads just to help out the site. Just after Christmas shopping...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This might be just me, but does that JobSearchPlus.biz link not work for anyone? I just get an error 500 when I try that banner ad.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Are ads that hide Amazon referrals still being taken down? There's one with Microwave's mom that takes you to some ugly rear end desktop computer listing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So that ad came out before the last episode aired. Was there a leak of that last episode? That would have been a hell of a guess.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

For me it's the Amazon referral banner ad that I want removed. Those were always loving scummy.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Putty posted:

Anyone can make an amazon referral link right? You post it and if some bambino buys whats on the page, you get a cut?

I believe it's worse, if you click it, and you buy anything at all from Amazon in the next 24 hours, you get a cut. Dr. Eldarion would know, they have Coupons & Deals as their personal referral space it seems.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

When you buy an ad, you get to have it up for 30 days (I think that's the number). They just bought that banner ad too late, and their time hasn't expired yet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What the gently caress is this goon ad consipracy theory bullshit ad?

I scrolled down through it without reading it, because I figured it would just be brain rot.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I hope it's a super janky version of the game, and Lowtax makes a video on it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

oh but seriously I posted:

I don't get the joke with this one. Feels like the kind of weird which gets you asked to leave the dinner party.

Had to quote you jus to be sure my ad blocker wasn't blocking something. You didn't link to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I read the front page article on the HBO Max services, and got a video in the middle of the article, and did one of those pop-to-corner things since it was off screen. It was just "5 things you didn't know about Dwayne Johnson", then went to "5 things you didn't know about cat whiskers". I tried the Bad Apples article and nothing, and then the one on the original Playstation on modern TV and it was some 5 travel things.

Is this a banner ad injecting things into the articles? They didn't seem to be selling anything at the ends of the videos. Or is it some kind of bitcoin mining poo poo that acts as a video to keep you watching while it uses your processor?