Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Welp, just got a full-page ad when clicking a thread, played music and everything. Unfortunately I was too annoyed to take a screenshot, I just closed the bastard. Had a "go to site" link but what the christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

I just got this ridiculous full-window light boxed pop-over auto-play video while I was in the middle of craft the very finest of posts.

I'd been on the page for a while so I guess it came with an ad update/refresh, I wasn't able to get an address for the ad or anything since at least it didn't divert me anywhere and was willing to go away when I X'd out of it.

Do you by chance have Charter Internet service and browse the forums over HTTP rather than HTTPS? Some ISPs do truly heinous poo poo where they inject ads directly into your pages. My friend in Colorado recently experienced this with Comcast advertising some new service.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I'm not complaining about them, just saying that these ads are kind of charmingly lovely:

(I haven't clicked the link, don't know what the site's about)

Edit: turns out it's lame low effort bullshit (mlmp)

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 17, 2018

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Bundy posted:

This ad seems to go to a dead link.

I clicked on it a few days ago and it went to a forum that had a subforum for every state. There was a single post on the entire forum. I enjoyed my visit, as though I were viewing an art installation entitled "Hubris".