Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

AlwaysBeSithing posted:

kickstarter and patreon are popular now strike while the iron is hot

Let's Play forum superstars Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus are pulling in almost two thousand dollars a month thanks to their Patreon, I'm sure if Lowtax set one up he could make at least half that no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm not sure that a place "less prominent" exists. It's a 14 year old comedy blog post. This isn't equivalent to removing confederate statues from the park, it's already out of the park and in the back of a store room in the museum's sub basement. The kids aren't just randomly stumbling upon it when they take a wrong turn from tiktok.

Yeah, considering it took an offsite looking for something to troll this place with to find it, and considering how blatantly and plainly offensive it is, it's not really at the forefront of anything. It took $30 for QCS to notice it.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Again, for like the third time, if you lump that stuff together and put a sign on it but keep it accesible, you'll just make it easier for the wrong kinds of people to find and share it. The confederate flag argument is crap, this isn't a museum.

I think the better argument is for a generic banner to be placed above articles that are older than a certain date, so you're not singling out the obnoxious stuff but noting it's no longer representative of the site.

Not that I would have a issue if the images in the cereal post suddenly stopped working.