Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is excellent, thank you Lowtax for making these forums good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Is your girlfriend a horse???
Neigh

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is the home of the rowdy trout meme.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Title of thread is right. Someone should really resolve the bad ad problem.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

yeah somebody should be working on this
Seriously though Rubicon should be called Rubican't because they can't fix this!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What the-- this guy's flaming me!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

We can set up an optional recurring billing system easy, but I'd have to figure out something to give to reward people who sign up for it.
You could change Archives access from a 30 dollar flat fee to like $5 or $10 a month, since archives take up a lot of server space and work.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

We're actually doing the opposite and going to hopefully try to merge the archives into the live db so search will work on them and everyone can access them.
Oh that kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There isn't a ton we can do except have Lowtax talk to the ad network, but I'll make sure he knows we're having issues again. I don't think officially I'm allowed to tell you to block ads on SA, so you should probably buy the No Ads option immediately.