Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pog boyfriend posted:

its incredibly telling about the absolutely horrible state of this subforum that a thread about fixing the ads turned into people talking about gbs, trying to flame each other about being gbs posters, and making ironic jokes about being given power

as opposed to every other "lowtax announces a thing" thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

In Training posted:

Because I like to post and it's nice when new, funny people join the website.

Quick someone translate another Dangan Ronpa title.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah, one of the problems is that there are too many subforums

With all those subforums in mind, what does GBS do now that byob, A/T, E/N and the various impenetrable megathreads in the subject-specific subforums don't do?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Izumi Konata posted:

waitwhat? its the same guy who created the facebook of waffleimages?

he must be a millionaire, they practically have a monopoly on free image hosting!

The same guy who replaced like half of the images on the forums with a gold frog? Good times.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Most one-site apps are bad, but awful.app is good, but "use an unofficial third-party app" isn't a thing the pigman could or should be recommending, but we use it because it works.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 30, 2015

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I love making monthly payments through a middleman who can't keep my information secure.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

In fairness, that was also my reaction when the words "google" and "adblock" went into my brain.

Then I read the article and learned about how it stops infinite redirects, which is good, even if this is some black mirror poo poo

quote:

While most ad blockers block all ads, Google's ad blocker will only block ads deemed "unacceptable" by the Coalition for Better Ads, an industry group that counts Google and Facebook among its members. With a major Web browser, advertising platform, and a seat on the ad coalition, Google can help steer the direction of the ad requirements, make sure its own ads are compliant, and then block any competing advertisers that don't adhere to the new requirements. Google is in a powerful position to dictate terms to websites and advertisers.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 25, 2018

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Yup. Started with https://exchangeinterface.global.ssl.fastly.net/r/?datacount=15b064230137f5 and took me through https://magentothemestudio.com/land/USAENiX/1/index.php?lpkey=1550277d13d2718341&uclick=e2ej2the a buncha times in a row. Wheee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

See no evil, hear no evil, AAAA GODDAMNED EAR SNAIL