Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Hi lowtax did you know this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

The ads are a moot point thanks to iOS 9

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i unironically like how there's a new aggro-gator ad that says "aggro-gator go to hell"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

you guys the bad ads came from the top of the site. those were ads that sometimes infected people's computers with malware, or had auto redirects if you were on mobile things, or pop ups or pop unders or crashed your browser. the ads on the bottom are just animated gifs or jpegs that link to threads or websites.

i truly, sincerely hope this helps.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

aggro-gator is just annoying because there's a bunch of banner ads and none of them deliver what they promise at all.

Is your girlfriend a horse???

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Well, since I haven't upgraded to iOS 9, I can't.

Upgrade to iOS 9.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Izumi Konata posted:

RALP, PLEASE UNDERSTAND I DO NOT APPROVE YOU OF QUOTESHAMIHNG ME IN FRONT OF LEADER, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE MOTHERFUCKING OP KNOWS HOW TO MODERATE HIS OWN GODDAMNED THREAD, YOU BLINDLY GAPING oval office.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Pretty sure the bad ad problem is resolved. Nice trolling though :rolleyes:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

I've got enough poo poo on my phone, I don't want another app just for a website.

It's a pretty good app though.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

can't post new threads w/ app

That was a bug in awful.app but it has been fixed.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I thought this ad was funny

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Arivia posted:

Same, except on a 5C. It's making the forums unusable on my phone.

Have you tried the app?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sounds like you should call that number? Not sure what ZDR or Lowtax can do about your serious computer problems.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Good news everyone - The bad ad problem should finally be RESOLVED!!!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Edit: never mind

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

terrible ad, they are not responsive to emails at all

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I feel like there’s a lot of stuff in the vein of that article, and in fact this site was basically founded on that kind of humor, and while it’s good that it’s not the kind of content that is acceptable here today, it’s disingenuous to try and sanitize this place’s history.