Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Lowtax posted:

Yes it is!

Please make a patreon man

For the forums, the boys in tcc, the bros in gbs and the 1985 Chicago bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Luvcow posted:

GBS is an embarrassment and drives people away, people I know that used to post here think there is nothing left here worthwhile and a quick glance at the GBS front page easily confirms that for most people (ie threads about hating retarded people, hating fat people, outright racism, rape jokes etc.) GBS is constantly trying to be fyad and they are predictably terrible at it.

Of course there are still hidden gems on the forums but GBS needs a mass cleansing of assholes that I don't think anyone is willing to do because it mind end up permabanning 90% of the people left here.

I think thou protests too much

GBS rules

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Luvcow posted:

you are part of the problem then and should be permabanned

thanks for your black-and-white belief system where you are right 100% of the time

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
you should make a free section that paid members can view and post in, while the free members cannot access the regular forums. this lets them try out the forums experience while not using the actual forums.

this is try before you buy, but in this case it's before you spend ten american dollars.

also it would be p funny if you spun up the "$10 Illuminati" as a shrewd marketing move

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Booourns posted:

maybe the problem is that people click on the first forum in the list and see a horrible cesspool and decide to never visit the site again

gbs is fine as it is

i don't know why you're so upset about people making fun of everything on a comedy website

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

you're the one who floods threads with huge images and/or the entire texts of novels

its p dumb, man

no idea who you even are :shrug:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
nevermind

That Robot fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004