Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Is your girlfriend a horse???

there have been a lot of gems around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Ultimate Spider-Man

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

This is a goon ad not an ad network ad but what the hell is triton medicine???

https://www.tritonmedicine.com/

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

zen death robot posted:

oral ed med therapy

yes SA tech support I can't find the form where I order the boner pills please send help

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Moatman posted:

I mean it looks like some sort of shady steroid dealer but I don't really know. :shrug:
The thing is it's a goon ad so someone clicked here specifically to advertise to SA and I wanna know which goon's job is "shady steroid seller" in a way that's less "I am accusing you of a crime and undermining the SA ad system" and more "I am curious as to the life story of whoever is running extremely targetted ads for their shady pharmacy web site".

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Jikes posted:

I'm getting hijack ads repeatedly on Chrome with Windows whenever I go to the front page, and especially if I use search. Symantec stops them but it looks like they are Comcast ads? They pop a new browser window and try to hit the below URL:

http://server1.elysian8.com/?a=AZ&p...p=24.11.131.226

This is pretty annoying, for chrome there's a workaround here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I don't mean to poo poo on the idea of buying no ads, my sincere thanks for supporting the forums, but at least in the past even lowtax has explicitly okayed adblock in the case of browser-hijacking ads. Don't feel like you have to pony up or suffer to continue using this web site.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I think lowtax even once said that if ads are hijacking your browser then he's not done his part and you can use adblock in good conscience. I realize you are on a phone and thus this doesn't help and to that I'll say - it should be criminal that it you cannot install install adblocking software on every phone.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I PMed lowtax but I have no way of knowing if he's seen it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Hugh Malone posted:

ok, because i'm seeing the weird lively spy one

someone funny should try and engage the email addy in a conversation and post it
There is a separate toggle for these ads I believe. That is one of the "internal" ones even if its commercial - it's purchased directly from the forums store just like the others.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

ELO Musk posted:

https://scarboil.com/index.php?threads/friend of the family-thread.8/

This is a currently running ad on our site and that is the third thread I clicked on after looking for an into thread there to what the site was about. Not a great place to have linked, maybe it's within the rules, bringing it to the attention of Ad Lookers either way.
Uggg, looking, will do what I can.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey um, is there any chance the UK election livestream advertisement could be removed? It's certainly not current anymore.
I can remove it if that's what the buyer wants but ad buys aren't tied to a username so it'd be hard to show it was you. I don't really want to remove paid ads without the buyer's permission since they spent good money on them, even if ultimately the ad is no longer relevant.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Infinite Karma posted:

There's currently a top-of-page ad (I assume it's an ad?) that isn't loading (it's blank between the dogs) and completely freezes the site on Chrome for Win 10, and has been there for about a week. I can still access the site from Firefox and my Android phone. Can't even open the Inspect tool or look at the page code, it's that thoroughly frozen.

edit: Sorry, looks like this is all over the tech issues thread.

Yeah I actually talked to lowtax about it and he needs more details before he can do anything. We're talking about switching ad networks so maybe the problem will solve itself, but anything anyone can give me would be good!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Got it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It's some google change apparently, I'm hiding them. Will clean it up to make no-ads work or just leave them gone. Sorry.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

American McGay posted:

Ahh yes the classic ambiguous "some Google change".
lmao I don't touch the site ads and lowtax says he didn't change anything. Gonna remove them before I worry about a root cause.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

They're turned off and, uhh, it turns out Google didn't do it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Freestar is a new ad service that lowtax is looking at. I am going to talk to him about how to best do ads here - needless to say I don't think that was it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I am preparing to turn the bottom ads back on. Please give feedback - you can see them right now by logging out, as they are on for unregistered users. I do not want these to make the site unusable and I know there were some issues on mobile - screenshots will help.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

look it says nsfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

no problem