Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you're gonna draw so much anime

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

actually, it's called the Pencil.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it iwns thanks timb

pram
Jun 10, 2001
tehehe

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's good op

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wanna know what tech they using it how??????????????

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i wanna buy one but dont need an ipad pro :(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no one does

apples huge stock value isn't from people buying stuff they need

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

lol no poo poo

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i said on these forums a hundred times that i wanted a good wacom killing pen from apple, and MFi controller support on  TV, and i got both.

in 5 years i imagine the iPad Pro will be as ubiquitous as the Macbook Air is now. perfect for school, movie watching and most office tasks. apple computers will be relegated to compiling apps for the iPad.

in fact the iPad Pro took over the same price range as the Air, so you know apple is thinking this too.

Typical Yosposter
Mar 30, 2015
no one cares, pleasurekevin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I care I just disagree. iPad pro ubiq? lmao r u joking? more like ubiq to put under table legs to make tables stop rocking

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

hm yes everyone is going to drop the tools theyve been using for years (illustrator, wacom, whatever) for an ipad with sketch or whatever

and that post-pc future is already here. the majority of web traffic today is mobile, and the majority of that mobile traffic is ios specifically

turns out the average consumer only wanted a computer for email and facebook and today dont need laptops or desktops to fulfill those wants :eek:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Typical Yosposter posted:

no one cares, pleasurekevin

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Triglav posted:

turns out the average consumer only wanted a computer for email and facebook and today dont need laptops or desktops to fulfill those wants :eek:

its crazy people bought $2000 unmovable cinder block computers just for email but its true

all people want/need is email/facebook/netflix

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

echinopsis posted:

apples huge stock

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

gat dang your avs loving rule

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol @ anyone thinking the pencil will be a wacom killer

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Fabricated posted:

lol @ anyone

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
apparently it is better than a wacom and comparably priced

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fabricated posted:

lol @ anyone thinking the pencil will be a wacom killer

wacom sells a fuckton of styluses for ipads

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

i said on these forums a hundred times that i wanted a good wacom killing pen from apple, and MFi controller support on  TV, and i got both.

yeah I'm p. sure that I heard the collective pants-making GBS threads power-shart from Japan when Jony started talking about the Pencil

rip Wacom's American market in 3 years

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ripoff posted:

yeah I'm p. sure that I heard the collective pants-making GBS threads power-shart from Japan when Jony started talking about the Pencil

rip Wacom's American market in 3 years

quoting when this doesn't happen

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Fabricated posted:

quoting when this doesn't happen

if apple is smart at all they're gonna release an sdk that adds functionality that lets the iPad pro act as a second screen for a Mac through the lightning connector like the Wacom cintiq.

from there nobody will buy a 13" cintiq for $799 that needs to be strapped to your computer all day when you can just get an iPad for the same price and take it with you. the people that need a 24" stylus monitor will buy that but that poo poo's at a $3k price point so w/e

e: this all assumes that apple pencil isn't a huge piece of poo poo which is possible so yeah

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 11, 2015

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ripoff posted:

if apple is smart at all they're gonna release an sdk that adds functionality that lets the iPad pro act as a second screen for a Mac through the lightning connector like the Wacom cintiq.

from there nobody will buy a 13" cintiq for $799 that needs to be strapped to your computer all day when you can just get an iPad for the same price and take it with you. the people that need a 24" stylus monitor will buy that but that poo poo's at a $3k price point so w/e

e: this all assumes that apple pencil isn't a huge piece of poo poo which is possible so yeah

astropad.com

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Ripoff posted:

if apple is smart at all

lol if u think

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

can't wait to use my apple pencil with my solid apple gold apple watch and my gold apple iphablet and giant apple surface pro

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

didn't know that existed, lmao

unless apple pencil sucks dick this is pretty much a slam dunk for graphical design folks (which is who apple pencil is for)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ripoff posted:

unless apple pencil sucks dick this is pretty much a slam dunk for graphical design folks (which is who apple pencil is for)

excuse me it's Pencil

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Ripoff posted:

no it's for people who draw, which most designers cant really do since 99% of graphic design is text and right angles

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol that there's an iWatch companion app for Astropad that lets you have frequent photoshop shortcuts on your wrist; the most useful the Apple watch has ever been.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i don't understand why tim has such a hatred of the ipad line

he rolls out the mini, and it predictably drags down the entire product line

now he's rolling out the apple surface which imitates a product whose major feature was a billion dollar writeoff for microsoft

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

i like the fingers crossed by the pencil

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the koalapad returneth

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol that there's an iWatch companion app for Astropad that lets you have frequent photoshop shortcuts on your wrist; the most useful the Apple watch has ever been.

Like a liquid metal extension of my body

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
remember when joojoo had like 38 preorders. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

English motherfucker do you speak it

• Locked thread